• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Characters you wish weren't killed of in the series

Which characters' deaths were most tragic for you?

• Total voters

Mr. ASK

Split Bow User
Reaction score
Stark- He actually was one of the coolest Espada Kubo ever created. I also had a feeling he would become good and develop later on in the series. Shame he had to die.

Cang Du- I just thought he was an interesting character with interesting abilities.

Roomsky

Gone and prolly forgotten
Reaction score
None of them are actually confirmed dead. Cang Du so far has lost only an arm. Everyone looses an arm. Hell, Hiyori survived a bisection.

bleach-4596847.jpg

Unfortunately Cang Du lost a little bit more than just an arm, that cut removed a good third of his body. I wouldn't hold too much hope for poor BG9 either, considering Yhwach gets stronger the more SR's die.

There isn't really anyone I wish didn't die period, but I do wish when they died was a little different:

Sasikabe: Could have used some more character development and foreshadowing, give us some clues Yama actually gives a damn about this guy before he gets pinned to a wall.

Grand Fisher: I never really liked how Isshin just wasted this guy. Stunning lack of emotion for the death of the monster that ate Ichigo's mother.

Everyone important in Bleach is usually given a beautifully poetic death, so I wouldn't really change any of that. Everyone who doesn't is generally unimportant so I don't really care.

Reaction score
bleach-4596847.jpg

Unfortunately Cang Du lost a little bit more than just an arm, that cut removed a good third of his body. I wouldn't hold too much hope for poor BG9 either, considering Yhwach gets stronger the more SR's die.

Well Hiyori lost one half of her body and look what happened to her. If what happened to Cand Du happened to let's say Ikkaku, everyone would say that there is no way he could have died from that. People are little bit too quick to deem the Sternenritter dead.

Like how many thought Kensei had killed Giselle or Charlotte obliterated Bambietta or how many thought that the SS would stay dead or how people still thought Giselle, Liltotto, Bambietta and Bazz-B were killed after 603 and 604.

Afterall it was Haschwalth who dealth with Cang Du and BG9 and he is imo the most enigmatic character in Bleach right. He could have secretly sparred them or maybe his Schrift allowed him to just take their power and make Yhwach think they died. I'm not saying they are definitely alive, but they aren't definitely dead either.

Anyway, looks like Ninazol wasn't revived. This is sad. I wish we could have seen more from him.

This makes eleven dead Sternenritter. Nine alive and one undead. And seven still in limbo.

timmyjingoro

Timmah!
Reaction score
In terms of deaths that should not have happened, I would say that the Elites should never have been killed. They were revived by the Auswahlen soon afterwards, but the damage to their credibility was done. Now, it's getting harder for me to look at them as much more than glorified fodder now.

Yomihime

Don Kanonji The Soul King
Reaction score
There are just waaaaay too many villains that shouldn't die that I won't bother voting the poll. It's unfortunate that Kubo doesn't keep the bad guys around.

Reaction score
Cang and Bambi. He looked like Hibari, Kubo could make him really interesting character, and his interactions with Bazz-B was like Ulqui and Grimm. Bambi was female Grimmjow, she had really interesting personality and good look, and her powers are quite dangerous if you think about it...

Equilibrium

The Dude
Reaction score
Cang and Bambi. He looked like Hibari, Kubo could make him really interesting character, and his interactions with Bazz-B was like Ulqui and Grimm. Bambi was female Grimmjow, she had really interesting personality and good look, and her powers are quite dangerous if you think about it...

Cang Du never interacted with Bazz-B.

chlorhexidine

Zombified...
Reaction score
^ They exchanged a few words in 552 after Cang Du stole Hitsugaya's bankai. Does this count? (I can see why Adam Blade saw an Ulquiorra/Grimmjow parallel in their interaction.)
nU0ezxj.jpg

-------

Sasakibe: I always think Sasakibe's death was particularly tragic; I'd say his death was inevitable and an important catalyst of some sort, but I wish we could have seen him more in the current arc. It pains me every time I see him get impaled by that cross at the beginning of the War. As a character who always appear behind his captain's shadow, I admire his steadfast loyalty to Yamamoto in instances when he refused to become a captain and how he chose to stop using his bankai altogether after he gave him a scar. His quirks like his tea obsession and everything western were adorable too.

Starrk: I agree that he was a wasted potential. I think he could have shown the full extent of his abilities during his fight the moment just before the Garganta opened. Wonderweiss/one-eyed hollow kinda interrupted them though.

Grimmjow-V.L

Banned
Reaction score
1.- Ulquiorra
2.- Starrk
3.- Bambietta

Ulquiorra and Starrk were really smart specially Ulquiorra, I think that both would be a great allies actually.

Bambietta had more to show, sadly that she's dead...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think that Ulquiorra and Unohana shouldn't have been killed. IMO they were great characters and I liked them at their peek the most. Even if their death were necessary, it's truly a pity.