• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Characters you wish weren't killed of in the series

Which characters' deaths were most tragic for you?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Unohana and Tousen. I wish they didn't kill Unohana off so quickly when we just learned sbout her true self.

Reaction score
Gin, Yamamoto, Starkk, not only that all 3 of them where interesting characters but their dead bring nothing to the plot, it was just pointless

Reaction score
Cang Du... I don't know... His death was really a waste. I was really sad.
Starrk... Of all the Espada incl. Tousen and Gin... I would have liked to see more of him the most.
Ahh and though they are not listed, and someone as naive as me still has some hopes for them:
Rose and Kensei. Those to were my favorite Visoreds and they simultanously died... So sad... (No ... No ... No ... I'm not gonna complain how they didn't use their Masks ... No!)

[censored]

too hot for the madhouse
Reaction score
Gin. totally wasted. he was so badass in the SS arc. after that he basically stood around waiting to die. and then he died.

Reaction score
Askin isn't dead, so am good. But gin died, and he's my 2nd fav character in bleach.

Deriak27

Just another geek teen
Reaction score
Everyone important in Bleach is usually given a beautifully poetic death, so I wouldn't really change any of that. Everyone who doesn't is generally unimportant so I don't really care.

This is not some sappy romance novel (Though I'm sure many fangirls would love for it to be). It's a story, and a rather long one at that, that revolves around concepts such as friendship and victory, and I'm sure he wouldn't trade poetic death over character development.

But then again, we are talking about Kubo :p

Reaction score
Starrk definitely. He didn't do anything wrong and truly didn't deserved his end, apart of having cool abilities. Wouldn't had mind seeing him in the TYBW arc as one of the Arrancar who came to aid the Shinigami along with Grimmjow and Nelliel.

I would had wanted to see more of Unohana before she died, since Kubo pretty much wasted her. Same for Ukitake and Aaroniero.

The Final Ankoholic

Misery, misery, misery...
Reaction score
Stark because the poor guy (as well as Lillynette) as they could have been allies to the Soul Reapers under better circumstances. Then again, that is the tragedy inherent to his character. Still, I'd like to think Shunsui's Zanpakuto purified him and that he and Lillynette are both chilling in the Soul Society.

Unohana, Bambietta and Nemu because damn, did that trinity of miserable events make me uninterested in even reading the final arc to its conclusion. Also Ukitake, since the poor guy did not go out pleasantly at all. Not to mention it being apparently officially confirmed right at the very end that he was gone.