• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

The Legend of Zelda FC (V.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labrys

Sleepy
Reaction score
Zelda U's official name is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
[video=youtube;1rPxiXXxftE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE[/video]
No words to describe this. Only tears. :cry

Reaction score
There's been some new DLC content released for Hyrule Warriors again, this time featuring a young lady named Marin from Link's Awakening, whose weapon is a large flower-shaped bell. There's also some new weapons and accessories (some for Linkle), and of course some new costumes. Pretty neat, eh?

Marin -
j65so0.png

Nimbus

SirNimbus
Reaction score
How is this place so quiet when thIS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING AND PERFECT TRAILER WAS SHOWN OFF HNNGGG

[video=youtube;QXR3wWSEccM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXR3wWSEccM[/video]

I've watched this at least 40 times and I feel so alive

Reaction score
Welcome back, Nimboo~

Probably because you were the sole person who was meant to have the honor of posting it here for all to see~ It is rather 'breath'taking, if you'll pardon the pun. I saw this for the first time and literally started to cry, just for how amazing it looks, and all the waves of nostalgia that broke over me. The Switch and this game cannot get here fast enough.

rsy2jp.png

Give him to me! :loveheart

Reaction score
Already deeply enjoying Breath of the Wild, even though I'm currently playing it on the WiiU, since Switches were sold out and it will be a while before we get one. But I really love the amazing, bright, colorful art style of the game, the music is fantastic, and the gameplay is really fun. I really like this game so far, and the set of Amiibos that were made for it are absolutely gorgeous and award really neat treasures.

[video=youtube;Y7iPDTC8oOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7iPDTC8oOM[/video]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Been playing BotW on Switch. Couple quick things:

Gorgeous game. Best designed open world in a game I've ever played. Everything is so logical.
Weapons breaking is super annoying but adds a fun challenge to the franchise. Most Zelda games were only difficult from a puzzle perspective (think anything in Ocarina of Time Master Quest) or some iconic boss battles. I like this added challenge.
The non-linearity makes up for the biggest flaw of the Zelda series over the years: the "secret items" in dungeons that are only useful within that dungeon. That crushed me with Twilight Princess and the spinner, which I thought was so clever but I never used it outside. Doing things in your own order and being able to interact with literally everything certainly is an improvement.
All around, great game. Potential to be up there with Link to the Past, Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time, and Wind Waker as a top 5 Zelda game in the main series. Could even vault to #1.

Side note: I don't like the Switch. It's weak as a console and inconvenient as a handheld. It's a half measure. But I don't regret buying it because this game is so incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.