• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Bleach Blu Ray remastered

Reaction score
Unfortunately the remastered Bleach anime is only available in American format. I ordered the box anyway. It will either play on the Japanese Play Station my husband bought a long time ago second hand or I will get an American Blu Ray player using Ebay. One way or the other I will watch this! :)

The first box came out Tuesday in America. I am curious: What do you think?

I finally found a link that I can actually watch, showing me at least a little about what to expect:

[video=youtube;NgwiYBITLrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgwiYBITLrI[/video]

Grimmjow-V.L

Banned
Reaction score
If it's only in Blu ray available, that means 4 options.

1. The definition of the series is in 4K definition, also UHD.

2. The sound quality is in Dolbly TrueHD which supports 7.1 channels.

3. The quality of the series possess both options above.

4. It has Dolbly TrueHD but not UHD, only HD (2K resolution 1080p)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got my box today. It has a beautiful cover and is a nice sturdy plastic box. To my pleasant surprise it wasn`t stopped by customs this time, meaning I had no extra fees to pay. Nice! This saved me some money.

My husband remembered where he put his Japanese Playstation 3 and we were both curious if he can get it to work. It took time and some trial and error but eventually we could watch US Region 1 Blu Ray on our big TV screen!

It was a fantastic experience! :D We have just watched the first three disks and left the fourth and last for tomorrow. My husband likes Bleach but he knows anime only. He is not as passionate as I am. But also he had a very enjoyable time watching it. We were sitting in front of the TV non stop for hours.

The picture quality is very clear, very beautifully done. But what made this remastered set really enjoyable is that this anime version is much more than having clearer pictures. It is not so obvious on the first disc but starting with the second, you can see changes everywhere. They are small, sometimes just additional artistic moments, sometimes additional dialogue. It is very subtle but there are certain moments when it became obvious to me that certain minor scenes were happening in view of the big picture. Nothing is spoiled, nothing is added that really changes the story but nevertheless, the story flows much better thanks to the changes, from one episode to the next.

My husband was impressed as well. He said it feels like a completely different experience. We are both looking forward to watch the fourth disc tomorrow.

What was also a nice surprise - at least to me - that the ridiculous ass wriggling scenes of Kon are gone and have been replaced with other Kon moments.

I hope this first box sells well enough so that the series will continue. I am looking forward to the second box, whenever it will be out.

Last edited:

Gremmy

Banned
Reaction score
I thought it was the whole 366 chapters... Not only 1 to chapter 27 :S That's so disappointing.

And now that you say the american format thing, that means I can't watch it on my spanish ps4 ?? This is so cruel.

Reaction score
Tell me about it... It would not work on our normal players either.

I hate this region coding! :(

Flare-Flare

Flarie
Reaction score
Is it possible for people outside the US to play the disks on a computer and use a HDMI cord to connect the computer to the TV? That's what I always do since I don't own a Blu-ray player. :)

Anyway, I'm interested in the Blu-ray set. Looks cool!

Reaction score
funny enough mine just came through the door today, and i'm from the UK. I have a multi region blu ray player

Reaction score
Is it possible for people outside the US to play the disks on a computer and use a HDMI cord to connect the computer to the TV? That's what I always do since I don't own a Blu-ray player. :)

Anyway, I'm interested in the Blu-ray set. Looks cool!

I think someone here mentioned this option or something very similar before I ordered the box. I am technically quite hopeless, contrary to my husband. He told me that in this case it wouldn`t work because also the Blu Ray part is region coded, different than the British one.

To my surprise, I learned from my husband that I can play British and US normal DVDs just by putting them in the CD player of the PC. But this doesn`t work with Blu Ray.

- - - Updated - - -

funny enough mine just came through the door today, and i'm from the UK. I have a multi region blu ray player

Nice! :) Maybe we will get one as well, eventually, when we have some money left for it.

But what would be better for us is if the box sets also come out for our region here.

Reaction score
I got one question. am i allowed to do an unboxing video on here. if not thats cool. ive never videos on this forum