• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

BA Has Changed [XenForo platform and miscellaneous]

Reaction score
Hello all,

Despite my efforts and numerous tries, I am still unable to increase the default avatar size for the avatars as they show up within threads. The avatars were all transferred from the old platform, but they were sized down and some of them were cropped (my previous Ishida avatar was among them).

If you're not satisfied with you your avatars look, I would advise you to re-upload them as square images.

The system asks of you to upload images that are at least 400x400 pixels big.

If you upload images that are not square, they will be cropped, but at least in that case, you can move the avatar within the dialogue box to see which cropping suits you the most.

I may try to find a way to increase them again, but for now, the explanation above is my best advice to you all.

Juozas

The Thing
Reaction score
So the move was smooth. Only the problem was that I lost the signature image which was a bit dissapointing :\ Anyway I'm getting around knowing this new platform and from first look it feels great :D
Edit: Restored the signature image from archive, posted image to external site untill I find another way to do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First of all I'd like to thank everyone involved in this. Also the one(s) keeping this forum alive financially. It's a place I still have fond memories of, and spent a lot of times during my late teens.

The board looks great. A huge improvement. Yeah the avatar sizes are a bit small but I'm sure that will be figured out over time.

When talking about the mobile version. The Bleach Asylum text logo seem to appear pretty small. I'm not sure if that only me. I can send a screenshot if it's unclear by what I mean. Doesn't bother me that much, but that would be a small lay out improvement.

Something else I'd like to ask, is it possible to make the Bleach section public again? I know it was done because other forums would copy and spread our chapter spoilers, but that is a long time ago now.

Edit:
Screenshot_20190928-201227_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190928-201050_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190928-201033_Samsung Internet.jpg
[SPOILER/]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

The avatar sizes across all styles have been increased. They are now 192 pixels high and 192 wide.

It is advised that you re-upload your current avatars or upload new avatars. The image should be at least 400 * 400 pixels big. The image should be square. Uploading a square image in that size means that your avatar will show properly, without blurriness and without portions of the image being cut from view.

This is the only solution I could find that increases the avatar sizes even though it comes with a price of you all having to re-upload your avatars if the original files you've uploaded weren't at least 400*400px big.

Please follow the Customizing your avatar tutorial. Post a question in the Forum FAQ thread or here, ask if you have any questions.

Reaction score
Hello everyone once again,

After quite a bit of work and time, the custom skins/styles from the old platform have been added and adapted for Xenforo. :victorious

The Uryuu and Ryuken is new, although it's based on one of the styles that appeared on the old BA, but wasn't actually chosen for an active style through the forum-wide poll like the other ones have been.

Go to the bottom of the page and click on the Style Chooser icon (look like a paintbrush). You can choose between 9 styles:
NameStylePrimary colour (content areas)Secondary colour (header areas)
DefaultLightWhiteLight blue
BA LightLightBeige and whiteShades of green
BA DarkDarkDark greyShades of violet
BA KomamuraLightBeige/creamBrown and beige
BA Uryuu and RyukenLightShades of light blueShades of blue and orange
BA ByakuyaDarkBrownGreen
BA NelielDarkDark greyMulberry
BA RukiaLightLight rose petal pinkDarker pink
BA UraharaDarkDark greyShades of green
Let me know what you think and if some of the chosen colours aren't suitable for eyes. :)

Last edited: