• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Why is Ichigo full hollow form often referred to as Vasto lorde?

Reaction score
No, not, White isn't Ichigo, White posses his own mentality and thoughts, you're completely wrong and ofc Ichigo is the main container but it doesn't change the fact that White can oppress Ichigo as well and so becoming the container self if he has the chance too, the side who does not care has lost, it's something at the same height, there isn't any kind of disadvantage because Ichigo is the main container, who does not care is literally finished and remain as the source.

Yeah ReiWen he's actually correct and at the same time not. This page describes it all. The final battle between white and ichigo.
bleach-1589277.jpg

bleach-1589292.jpg
bleach-1589299.jpg

They can both play the role of king and horse respectively. and if one is faltering and the other is not maintaining the correct level of power the other will take over. So they both can take over eachother but the power is still ichigo's. Ichigo's not a source of power for white because white is his hollow and shinigami powers. He's just the soul that can possess him if he fails to remain strong

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't believe White is VL and never be one, basically you will became a VL through consumed other Hollows and keep maintain your intelligence. Also, there's a stage that you have to pass, from Gillian to Adjuchas then you became VL. I read the definition of VL on databook its describe - "Adjuchas that have evolved even further by consuming more of their kind. Roughly the same size as a human. It is said their combat ability is superior to a Soul Reaper captain." - MASKED (Viz Version), Terms Explanation p.252. What I say, a VL Hollow formed by natural ways. Except that, in the UNMASKED the term that Kubo give to masked-horned-long haired Ichigo is just Kanzen Horouka or Perfect Hollow, not 'Vasto Lorde' form
Logically, if Aizen could freely developed a VL Hollow, he must didn't have to command to search VL throughout Hueco Mundo to be Arrancarized. I still believe White is a special Hollow, created through experiment and has a certain goals. So, no wonder if he have Cero, Sonido etc that similar to Menos class Hollow. I agree White now is completely in different form from he was. He is merged with Ichigo Shinigami power and becoming his Zanpakuto, proved with his appearance as a opposite color of Ichigo. The bad news is never exist a Zanpakuto merged with a Hollow, even he have wild and stronger will than his master. I don't know what happen with Visored Zanpakuto, but in Ichigo case must be different than what Visored experienced. We can call White a VL but still wrong to me if we call Ichigo full Hollowfication is VL.
The problem is when people called that because its appearance only, when Ichigo become a Lizard-like Hollow, he already can fired a Cero. Do you think he was a Gillian or Adjuchas back then? And when he goes berserk Hollowfication against Ulquiorra, you immediately call he is a Vasto Lorde without any explanation. I never see term Vasto Lorde along Ichigo Hollowfication neither on databook, manga or anime. I think it's just when some fan-artist give a catchphrase Vasto Lorde to their art, that's when this all begin. I don't give a damn if people name that cause it's just a name, all have their reason but I still insist White is not VL Hollow and Ichigo hellknight is not VL form. Otherwise, Kubo give some damn clear explanation.

Reaction score
I feel like there is too much speculation on this subject when the facts are already presented within the series. There is no doubt that Aizen "created" white with shinigami souls but there seems to be an argument that a soul reaper can't become a hollow or if it does its sometime other than a hollow? Whites power and form are EXACTLY as a vasto lorde are described. Bleach has only pointed out the way in which a hollow becomes vasto lorde, it never said that they can't skip being a Gillian and Adjucha. The claim that he can't be hollow because he's ichigos zanpakuto as well is just stupid WATCH THE ZANPOKUTO ARC and you'll see that zanpakuto can fuse with hollows and you'll see the zanpakuto/hollow can perform soinido, cero and wield a zanpakuto at the same time as well as the zanpakuto being the personality in control. Just because white self destructed it doesn't mean he's not ichigo's power and still a hollow at the same time, it just means ichigo is the stronger personality and when ichigo died he took over utilizing all the power at his disposal. Plus, keep in mind ichigo was in bankai at the time so the power available to white was far beyond anything we've really seen. He's a vasto lorde, he's not arrancar and he's not some science experiment hollow that just doesn't fit into any category, hes a hollow of the vast lorde class...if that weren't the case the producers and Tite most likely would have gone out of their way to make an obvious physical difference to throw away any speculation but they didn't they lined everything up to point out that ichigos inner hollow is of vasto lorde class and when he utilizes bankai he's unstoppable.

- - - Updated - - -

The bad news is never exist a Zanpakuto merged with a Hollow, even he have wild and stronger will than his master.

You should really watch the zanpakuto arc again... zanpakuto merge with hollows on 2 occasions. Ichigo's situation just so happens to be the only case in which a zanpakuto and hollow have fused with the master still being alive.

Reaction score
IYeah and that's why Yhwach killed her for being part hollow and Urahara said she will have it till the moment of her death.
Do you even realize that in the very next chapter after the one you're referencing, Isshin says his reiatsu string switched from Masaki to Ichigo?

https://mangahelpers.com/t/badkarma/releases/37856
Isshin:お前の中の虚が解放されたって事はつまり
That fact that your inner hollow was released
Isshin:俺の霊圧じゃそいつを抑え切れなくなったって事だ
Meant that my reiatsu couldn’t hold it at bay any longer
Isshin:そこで
And that
Isshin:俺の義骸とその虚との繋がりは途切れた
Severed the connection between the hollow and my gigai

White was passed on from Masaki to Ichigo. That is FACT. Doesn't mean she lost White herself.

Fullbringer children inherited hollow reiatsu from their mothers.

Ichigo's hollow is White.

White functions essentially like an artificial vastolorde.

No, not, White isn't Ichigo, White posses his own mentality and thoughts, you're completely wrong and ofc Ichigo is the main container but it doesn't change the fact that White can oppress Ichigo as well and so becoming the container self if he has the chance too, the side who does not care has lost, it's something at the same height, there isn't any kind of disadvantage because Ichigo is the main container, who does not care is literally finished and remain as the source.

White having independent sentience is no different from every Zanpakutou spirit having independent sentience. White isn't special in the way you're saying. White, like all Zanpakutou spirits are still a part of their wielders. All Zanpakutou spirits can oppose or limit their wielders. Like Renji's, Ikkaku's, and Yumichika's have been proven to do.

Zabimaru kept his/her true name from Renji. Ruri'iro Kujaku is said to not be happy that Yumichika calls his wrong name. Ikkaku mentioned that Houzukimaru is lazy and doesn't release it's full power except under special circumstances. Not to mention we've seen Renji literally having a face to face conversation with Zabimaru. And Hitsugaya talking with Hyourinmaru twice. And Isshin explained to Ichigo the typical shinigami training method of talking with their swords.

Also, the fact Yachiru exists.

Last edited:
Reaction score
things in the zanpakuto arc may be cannon but the arc itself is not therefor should not be referenced when discussing the canon IMO not everyone may agree on this but thats how i see it if its not in the manga its not canon.

Reaction score
I am fairly certain White is a VL. Just because he was created artificially, doesn't make him less of a VL. I don't even think it is without precedence; Aizen created WW by the same means I'm sure. VL is a state of evolution, not a title bestowed by membership. White has all the hallmarks of a VL; Human Size and shape, incredible power, hole and Cero. Just because it was made from Shinigami souls and was modified for different ends to me doesn't make it less of a VL.

Bleachfillerlist

Bleach filler list
Reaction score
Ichigo's full hollow form is actually a hollow in the Vasto Lorde Stage, with the power much greater than the Espada. Hence it's known as the Vasto Lorde form. ... The attack virtually killed him, but the hollow inside him took control of his being and resurrected him, in the Vasto Lorde form.

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

M.Aizen

Devil Kazuya Level
Reaction score
White is NOT a vasto lorde... we called H2 Ichigo a vasto lorde because he closely resembled the the silhouette of a vasto lorde in Hitsuguya's depiction of a vasto lorde class Menos who was actually Ulquiorra's pre arrancar form... White isn't even a Menos Grande type hollow to begin with so he cant be classified as a Vasto Lorde by default..he's of comparable size and power but that's it.. different make up

Attachments

• Ulquiorra.jpg
    Ulquiorra.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 2
  • 016-1.jpg
    016-1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: