• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

What would you do if you could rewrite Bleach?

Reaction score
Well, sorry for the update, but I find the concept quite interesting since the story had so much potential, especially for the last two arcs.

I have nothing to add about the Agent of the Shinigami and the Soul Society arcs. Except Sasakibe not being beaten by Ichigo without his zanpakuto, that's all.

Arrancar arc could've been smoother though :

-No Orihime kidnapping. Arrancars and Aizen already have reasons. With all due respect, I think Kubo could've done better with separating Soul Society from Ichigo's group.

-Some deaths in the Soul Society/Vizards's side : Ikkaku (draw vs Edrad), Hiyori and even Hinamori, Oomaeda (vs Barragan) or Komamura (vs Aizen, transforming into humanoid with the fail and the revenge moral around this fight). In the Quincy arc, there were too many characters left and I felt Kubo had a tough time dealing with them all.

-A bigger role for Renji. The guy is a lieutenant, a main character, has a bankai. He can't just win against random enemies and losing against important ones. He lost nearly all his fights in the SS arc.

-Better fights in Karakura. More like the ones in Hueco Mundo. Less dialogues like Ichigo vs Grimmjow or meaningful interactions like Szayel vs Mayuri or Ichigo vs Ulquiorra. Above all, continuity in these fights. No alternance between Hitsugaya vs Harribel, Stark vs Shunsui or Barragan vs Soi Fon.

-No Wonderweiss winning against Ukitake in one blow. It's even better not having Ukitake in Karakura at all to show him and his bankai in the Quincy arc. At least, I find it still better than him being defeated by Wonderweiss.

-Isshin's and Aizen's bankai.

-Ok for Hirako being captain. Maybe Love, Rose, Lisa and Kensei go live in the real world and are out of the story.

For the Fullbringer arc :

-No Ichigo mistrusting his father like he's a total stranger while in the Arrancar arc he has been so faithful. I understand his behavior towards Urahara but not Isshin.

-Big roles for Orihime, Chad and Ishida. To me it was supposed to be Orihime and Chad's arc. Kubo presents us communities and the Fullbringers was theirs. It was a good opportunity to show them fighting or developing their relationship with other characters. With a good power up, Chad could've been useful in the Quincy arc. After failing against Espada, i would have liked to see him improve to keep having Ichigo's back.

-Separating Ichigo from the others, maybe. I thought about Ichigo training or something to retrieve his powers while Orihime, Chad and Ishida fight the Fullbringers with the help of Yoruichi (and Urahara ?), something like that.

-Maybe not seeing the captains at all. At least, not fighting the Fullbringers.

And the Quincy arc :

-No divine powers. I never liked that stuff. The worst was all the explanations about it. The fights were so slow. It never had the fluidity of the SS or the Arrancar arc. Except Yamamoto vs fake Ywach and Unohana vs Kenpachi. And with that divine thing, Ishida looks like a fool. He's insisting all along on Quincy fighting with only an arc and arrows and here comes Quincys who manipulate fear, imagination, time...

-No bankai stealing. I would've prefered the Quincy to fight with their powers only.

-Less Stern Ritters.

-I'm ok with Yamamoto dying but the way he did wasn't great.

-Byakuya dies after a great fight against As N?dt.

-Unohana's story is great. But not coherent. The "healer argument" isn't enough. She could have stopped Ichigo in the SS arc but she prefers treating lightly injured lieutenants. She could've had a shot at Aizen or killing the Exequias' captain but, for no reason, she didn't. What was cool with the captains, to me, is that there wasn't big differences between them, except Yamamoto. Of course, Soi Fon, Komamura or Mayuri aren't as strong as Shunsui. But there is not an enormous difference between them. Unohana beats Kenpachi like it's nothing. I think the idea with Unohana is great, but it didn't fit well with the story. I also hoped a longer flashback to see how she became the captain of the fourth division and how she calmed down. And explaining her bankai off course.

-Ukitake's bankai.

-No confusing story about Zangetsu, Yhwach and Quincy origins. Ichigo used instinctively Blut against Kenpachi because he was about to die, his hollow side was dominant after and his Quincy powers definitely awake by confronting other Quincys and because her mother was one. End of story.

-No Aizen powering up by sitting in a chair.

-A big role for Ishida. As I said for Orihime and Chad, this is one is his arc. With Ichigo helping the Hueco Mundo and Soul Society, with what Mayuri did, he had all the reasons to join the Quincy for real (assuming Ywach didn't kill his mother, of course). Would've been great to see a Ishida powered up against Ichigo, or Ukitake.

-A proper ending. Just seeing what the Gotei 13, some Arrancars and Ichigo's group became before seeing the kids.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have Ichigo be recruited full time into the Shinigami. Nothing about him being part Quincy.

Have more sympathetic characters among the Quincy.

Remove Rangiku being attacked by Aizen given that amounted to nothing for her character.

Chad gets more development in the Fullbring arc.

Rangiku fights Gin. Possibly ends up being the one who kills him. Rangiku also defeats Luppi.

Harribel is better developed and has a more interesting fight.

Last edited:

Ankoholic v3.0

Broken Hopes
Reaction score
It's a rough idea so far but one I've been playing with in my head for about a year now.

Shikai and Bankais would be a thing of the past. Zanpakuto's only purposes would be as tools for helping the dead move onor to purify a Hollow. They were made as tools not weapons. Kido would still be there as a support type for a Soul Reaper, though using it to slay a Hollow or Arrancar would strictly be a last resort due to the consequences it would have on the balance of souls. Any particular worthwhile Shikai or Bankai could be recycled into Kido spells. Certainly Byakuya's would work well in that regard. At the absolute most perhaps Soul Reapers would have various melee weapons forged in place of just katanas so that the likes of Yumichika would still have his Shikai in a sense.

The focus would entirely stick with Ichigo, Rukia, Uryu, Chad, Orihime and Kon (and perhaps Renji as a sixth ranger). The other characters could slip in and out of the plots as needed but they would never take the spotlight away from the actual main characters.

The massive amount of characters would be cut down or at least streamlined. Perhaps the Soul Society in of itself. Four squads to govern the World of the Living: Shunsui and Nanao for the North Squad, Unohana for the West Squad, Ukitake for the East Squad and the newest captain, Aizen, for the South Squad. Each division would have a branches within them, such as medical, science, kido and stealth. Yamamoto runs the main squad who overseas the other four. He works his position from good will and seniority, not from simply being the strongest (since the super power lottery would be a thing of the past). He also has a tenuous relationship with the morally dubious Ichibei of the nobility that works through the Soul Society's shadows since its inception.

Characters still important to the narrative, such as Byakuya, would work as higher ranked officers in each squad.

Aizen was the second-in-command underneath Urahara, who he betrayed in his ambitions, turning him into a Vizard, framing him for the Hogyoku research and forcing him to run to the World of the Living with Yoruichi. Aizen used the good publicity of rooting out the 'madman' to garner good faith to be the new captain in his place. In the meanwhile he still works in the shadows with the Arrancar in Hueco Mundo to gain further power.

There would be less massive arcs and more of a slow burn in building up to what's to come. Monster of the weak as well as Aizen playing the slow game sending lesser agents to Karakura Town to try and either retrieve the Hogyoku from Rukia or to determine what Ichigo truly is. I've toyed with the idea of Rukia keeping her powers and Ichigo instead becoming a Fullbringer instead of a Substitute Soul Reaper, but I'm not sure about that just yet. Probably for the best that over the course of his adventures he really does become part... everything... for the endgame. Anyway, while Aizen is playing the long game, perhaps the Fullbringers and the Stern Ritter could also begin to converge on the Karakura Town, eventually leading to what would turn into a final arc that would pit all sides against each other... with Team Ichigo choosing none of them and instead having to maneuver their way through the war and the afterlife politics and find their own answer to the conflicts and the unrest between the realms of life and death as they grow up.

Reaction score
First thing off the top of my head is Matsumoto's plotline with having the nail of the Soul King picked up and going somewhere with it, but maybe that's because I'm a Matsumoto fan. I wish more of the female characters got developed, I think Kubo tended to like his male side characters a little more.

After the Soul Society arc, things started sprawling pretty quickly. A massive amount of characters and classes of spirit being are all fine, but it took attention away from characters that sorely needed development (like Chad :(). The main cast should have stayed Ichigo and his companions, with a fair amount of attention paid to some of the Soul Reapers in the Seretei.

Ichihime and RenRuki can stay but get more development. It seemed more like after the war they just up and have babies with very little build up.

We don't need the entire Sternritter army or Espada or too many Vizards to take up too much screentime. (Like you may only need Shinji and maybe one more Vizards, it doesn't have to be a whole thing.) You can keep them as opponents or combatants and develop them more in supplementary materials. Also the Fullbringer arc wouldn't happen and then be forgotten about, and when it did happen, it would focus on Orihime and Chad and not Ichigo getting Fullbringer powers....

Overall, I'd echo the general sentiment of introducing fewer major characters and developing ones that at the beginning, we thought we were gonna follow more. (What are Jinta and Ururu even? Random kids with spiritual power? Fullbringers? Inventions of Urahara? We forgot that they existed.) I think Kubo has these great premises with his characters, awesome backstories and personalities, and then they kinda sit there and go nowhere while he introduces more.

Sometimes reading the beginning of Bleach and the end of it, I feel like I'm reading almost a completely different manga... It just meandered and went in a completely different direction over the years.

Reaction score
Addendum, honestly maybe the manga could have just ended after Aizen's capture. I mean, you could keep certain elements (Masaki being a Quincy or the Fullbringers, maybe they go to Hueco Mundo to rescue Orihime bc she's one of them, idkk) but it seemed to be what so much of the plot was based around... If you wanted to keep it around a little more, maybe there's civil unrest in Gotei 13 or the wider Seretei/Rukongai area following Aizen's abuse of citizens in Rukongai and the fact that nothing was really done about it, bc let's face it, the Seretei seems to treat everyone else like shit sometimes... so there's room for some more development of SS characters (Hitsugaya, Momo, Rangiku , Renji and Rukia may all have something to say about growing up in Rukongai) and some of the questions we have about the SS mechanics in general (why is everyone culturally Japanese if it's like the entire Eastern half of the world? How does aging work? Is there anything being done to help the people in poorer regions of Rukongai? Just how corrupt is Seretei anyways?) may get answered.

Reaction score
Alrighty then. Revising Bleach has been at the forefront of my shower thoughts during this era of quarantine, so I have stored up quite a few ideas, in addition to seeking out and devouring every take out there on how the series could have differed. After cherrypicking my favorite bits from Can't Fear Your Own, adopting my favorite ideas offered by some very creative online people (including some of the terrific folks who have posted to this thread), workshopping story strands for feedback, and just generally mulling over it all in my daydreams, I think I'm ready to just lay it all out on the table. Hope it's exciting!

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 1.41.16 AM.png

Let's get this out of the way: this will not be brief or concise. This will be a detailed overhaul.

I will note that my priorities are 1) that the series' pace be punchier and more character-focused, 2) that the lore be doled out more generously while minimizing plot holes or retcons, 3) that the power-scaling be more consistent, and 4) that the Nakama are more of a central focus in the storytelling. Also: allowing romance to exist in a saga that, in my opinion, is already romantic in the Shakespearean sense. Some of these are just suggestions that I don't have the creative wherewithal to elaborate on while others are very specific and descriptive embellishments.

- THE SUBSTITUTE SHINIGAMI -

Bleach is just a newborn at this stage, ambling along merrily with a monster-of-the-week format while establishing the characters, so I do not have many structural notes -- more like adjustments that take the series' latter lore into consideration.

• When Ichigo and Rukia first meet, she has a moment of recognition, commenting that his face was familiar before her train of thought is interrupted by the encroaching Hollow. We will later realize that she was recognizing Ichigo's resemblance to his spiritual relative, Kaien Shiba.

• Emit Don Kanonji. Fun character, but superfluous.

• When Urahara explains the history of the Quincy to Rukia, he does not describe them as humans who developed their own way to combat Hollows and that they incurred Soul Society's wrath by upsetting the balance. Instead, he states that they were ancestral enemies of the Shinigami going back a thousand years, but that the last war had occurred 200 years ago against descendants who were a shadow of the Empire's former glory. Urahara adds that not much was known about the Quincy's ancestors, but that even their diminished incarnation from 200 years ago were the most formidable enemy that Soul Society could remember warring with.

• Don't delve into how the size of a Zanpakuto blade reflects the reiatsu of its wielder, a claim that the series would walk back later. It's just not necessary -- Ichigo's enormous sword is a mystery until it's later revealed during the Soul Society arc that he was always in a Shikai released state.

• Byakuya is garbed in his captain's robes when he retrieves Rukia.

- THE SOUL SOCIETY -

This is the series firing on all cylinders, so I am not inclined to change a whole lot.

• Let’s establish some restraint right here, right now: I’m not recommending any changes to Ichigo’s fight with Kenpachi Zaraki. It is often cited as a problematic benchmark that would be contradicted by subsequent fights, but it does track after we learn about the nature of Zangetsu and of Kenpachi’s power. It’s not a cheat and it is dramatically satisfying.

• Orihime Inoue beats Jirobo Ikkanzaka herself, demonstrating that she has potential on the battlefield. When he uses her as a hostage, she surprises him and Uryu by deploying Koten Zanshun. Tsubaki launches into the Shinigami's Zanpakuto and splits it from inside.

• Tone down Mayuri Kurotsuchi's abhorrent treatment of Nemu. He is still a maniacal, sociopathic bastard who treats her inhumanely as a tool in his arsenal, but he doesn't sadistically beat her.

• When Yoruichi Shihoin saves Ichigo from his first rematch with Byakuya, her old pupil is more startled to see her. She teases that his shunpo hasn’t gotten any faster, playfully implying
their shared history.

• Nobody ever quantifies the power of the Sokyoku. It is never described as being "equivalent to a million zanpakuto.” It is strong enough to execute a Shinigami and does it with style -- that's all we need to know. Furthermore; when Ichigo makes his move, Chojiro Sasakibe is not among the lieutenants who Ichigo makes short work of. Omaeda and Isane alone fulfill the role of fodder.

• When Aizen stabs Hinamori, she is permanently dead. No resurrections -- the betrayal leaves a visceral, lasting, and traumatic consequence. However, Aizen is not as boastful about the deed and does not tell Toshiro Hitsguaya that he should have “left pieces of her all over Soul Society for him to find.” When Aizen explains his rationale for murdering Hinamori to Renji, his reasoning remains the same, but his tone is more sombre and less gleefully malevolent. He views it as a regrettable necessity, but genuinely believed it was the best outcome for her in his own twisted logic.

• Hitsugaya impaling a dummy Aizen from the anime and subsequently being attacked is now Canon.

• When Aizen encounters Ichigo, he isn’t as dismissive of him as he was in the Canon. When he cuts him down, he remarks that he’s disappointed in the “Ryoka boy” after he showed some promise.

• When Aizen explains his elaborate plan to Ichigo, he says that Urahara Kisuke was exiled for “conducting experiments on his fellow Shinigami" instead of inventing an untraceable Gigai. Of course, Aizen says this to sow distrust between Ichigo and Urahara. He also explains that he had already invented a Hogyoku that could evolve Hollows, but that only Urahara's Hogyoku could successfully evolve a Shinigami.

• When Tosen explains himself to Komamura during his escape, he does not say that he has chosen “the path of least bloodshed” — instead he says that following Aizen “is the only path towards justice.”

- THE ROYAL TOURNAMENT -

Here's where we get a little frisky: inventing a mini-arc to bridge the gap between rescuing Rukia and the arrival of the Arrancar. The purpose of this interlude is to flesh out Soul Society after we have been introduced to it only through the Nakama’s limited perspective. Let's flesh out the lieutenants and get their characterizations out of the way before we barrel into the Arrancar threat. We also use this time to seed elements of Soul Society that had only been elaborated on in the Light novels, such as the Royal Families’ corrupt power.

• Four months after Aizen's defection, there remain three captain vacancies and no obvious candidates to fill them. The Royal Families (Ise, Kuchiki, Shihoin, and Tsunayashiro) announce a tournament to determine whether or not any sitting officers are worthy of the promotion. Several of the captains point out that this would go against the tradition of how captains are selected, but Yamamoto retorts that their hands are tied as far as the Royal Families' will is concerned.

• The tournament is juxtaposed with slice of life stories of Ichigo and friends in the world of the living, where Shinji Hirako is introduced as a new student.

a) Ichigo and Uryu are assigned to work together on a class project and have to learn to cooperate together without the life-or-death stakes. We get to see Ichigo's downplayed aptitude for school displayed here.

b) We follow Chad conduct his normal day-to-day, perhaps seeing him partaking in some underground boxing.

c) Isshin catches sick in the lead-up to Karin and Yuzu's joint birthday and tasks Ichigo with arranging festivities and gifts. Not knowing what they would want, he turns to Orihime, who merrily takes the lead and drags him around Karakura Town to set up something elaborate for his sisters. Ichigo's a grump about it at first but gradually softens, Orihime's sunniness rubbing off on him. The party's a hit and we get our first inkling that Ichigo enjoys spending time with Orihime.

d) Tatsuki increasingly feels out of the loop from the others -- knowing that they're hiding something from her. Meanwhile, Uryu Ishida struggles with no longer having his Quincy powers, falling into a depression that he keeps hidden from the others.

f) Isshin eventually has his late-night rendezvous with Grand Fisher and settles the score.

• Most of the Gotei lieutenants are unenthusiastic about competing in the tournament, some feeling unworthy while others want to continue serving under their captains. Shunsui Kyoraku offers a week off paper work to whoever wins, which draws even the more reluctant lieutenants’ interest — and the full enthusiasm of Rangiku Matsumoto.

a) Hisagi and Ikkaku are the most recalcitrant, the former still mourning his mentor's betrayal and the latter because he only wishes to serve under Kenpachi Zaraki.

b) Izuru Kira is interested in restoring honor to his division while Omaeda is absolutely psyched at the prospect of a promotion, deluding himself into believing that he is captain material.

c) Nanao Ise is asked why she isn't participating, to which she replies that members of the Ise family are forbidden by law from carrying Zanpakuto.

• We are introduced to Tokinada Tsunayashiro: head of the Tsynayashiro family, practically without equal in political power within Soul Society, and a real piece of work. He watches the matches from a tricked-out box seat, snidely dishing out verbal abuse against the Captains and dropping cutting remarks about their respective histories. He is also quite cruel towards Hisagi and Kira, singling them out before the audience as the "lieutenants and confidantes" of traitors. Sajin Komamura is particularly sensitive around around Tokinada, struggling to contain his disdain. Tokinada singles out Komamura and mocks him, referencing his “cursed lineage.”

• Several key fight dynamics:

a) Omaeda, being one of the most desirable bachelors in Soul Society (no, seriously, that's a thing!), is adored by the crowd. He gets his ass kicked.

b) Hisagi refuses to activate his Shikai, both because he finds its malevolent shape distasteful and because his heart is really not in the contest. He loses as a result — to Kira, who is willing to use his Shikai for the advantage. Several observers view this as a shame, commenting that Hisagi is a more natural leader than Kira.

c) Renji is matched with Ikkaku and spends their fight conflicted, knowing that the 11 Division Lieutenant is hiding a Bankai that he refuses to reveal. We learn about Ikkaku's backstory during this fight. He ultimately throws the match.

• Central 46 is refilled, with several new members introduced as bystanders at the tournament. Most of them do not give off the impression of impartiality or upright morality. Several of the Shinigami find them repulsive and privately lament that they have to answer to them.

• The arc ends when a bout is interrupted with the appearance of Ulquiorra and Yammy, the former announcing before the stadium that the rule of Shinigami will soon come to an end. One of the contestants (choose your fighter -- could be Kira, Rangiku, Renji, etc.) attacks Ulquiorra, who parries with a kick that sends them flying head-first into the audience, demonstrating the Arrancar's power. Ulquiorra and Yammy escape through a Garganta before further escalation. Tokinada is amused, remarking to Yamamoto that the lieutenants were too incompetent to deal with two lowly Hollows. The tournament is curtailed -- the Royal Families decrying that none of the contestants are worthy of promotion.

- THE ARRANCAR ARRIVAL -

Here is where we begin instituting some structural changes that dramatically impact the story.

Some general notes from the top:

• Ichigo utilizes his Shikai far more often and resorts to Bankai much less often.

• It is explicit that Yoruichi Shihoin and Urahara Kisuke are romantically involved.

- ACT ONE: ARRANCAR IN CENTRAL PARK -

• Immediately after interloping during the Royal Tournament, Ulquiorra and Yammy arrive in the Karakura Town park like they had in the Canon. Chad and Orihime arrive on the scene first and are brutalized, but saved when Ichigo intercedes (and fights Yammy primarily with his Shikai before feeling overcome by his surging Hollow). Yoruichi and Urahara save the day. Meanwhile, Ishida senses the Arrancar presence from afar and, much to his frustration, is too frightened to run towards danger, doesn't engage, knowing that he wouldn't stand a chance.

• Ichigo immediately visits the Visoreds' hideout after this encounter and asks for their help. They agree to train him. Toshiro Hitsugaya and co. arrive in Karakura Town High School the next day as undercover students, but Ichigo chooses not to share the Visoreds' existence with the captain, wary of outing his own Hollow to a Soul Society representative. Hitsugaya and Rangiku do not step foot in the Kurosaki household during this arc... but they will later.

• The Visoreds are now comprised of: Shinji Hirako, Hiyori Sarugaki, Rabu 'Love' Aikawa, Kensei Muguruma, Lisa Yodamaru, and Hachigen Ushoda.
a) There were more Visoreds than the story knew what to do with in the Canon, and some ought to go. Those who remain are my personal preference -- it was close, but after re-reading the chapters, I found Love a more compelling presence than Rose. Mashiro Kuna is a fun design, but too superfluous to keep.

• Uryu goes to his father, Ryuken, who reveals that he had always discouraged him from becoming a Quincy because he saw no "profit" in his potential. Ryuken does not offer to restore Uryu's power; instead he says that it is for the better that he no longer has Quincy abilities. Devastated, Uryu berates an unmoved Ryuken for being a heartless father before slinking off. The next day at school, Uryu and Orihime have a conversation where he admits to hating his powerlessness. This triggers Orihime to feel anxious own about her usefulness in battle. Uryu says that he is leaving Karakura Town, but does not disclose where he is going or when he will return.

- ACT TWO: LATE NIGHT AMBUSH -

• Ichigo is already training in secret at the Visored compound, where they are readying the ritual to subjugate his Hollow. Ichigo senses powerful Arrancar and dashes off to fight. Shinji attempts to stop him, warning that he will not be able to suppress his Hollow if her overexerts his powers. Ichigo asserts that he cannot stand by while others fight and leaves.

• Grimmjow enters the world of the living in the dead of night, accompanied by his Fraccíon: Edrad Liones, Di Roy Rinker, and Yylfordt Morbun (who is not related to Szayelapparo — Hollows do not have siblings in this revision, and Granz never separated himself). Toshiro Hitsugaya senses them and contacts Soul Society for permission to unseal his Limiter, but he is immediately targeted and jumped by the full gang, who pummel him before he can even activate his Shikai. The Arrancar then disperse to find their targets, with Yylfordt remaining to finish Hitsugaya off.

I) Di Roy Rinker attacks Chad but is intercepted by Rukia & Renji. Rukia freezes Di Roy with Sode no Shirayuki. The trapped Arrancar reasons in his inner monologue that he will just activate his Resurreccíon to break free, but his train of thought is interrupted when Renji strikes him with his Zabimaru and shatters him into pieces. Teamwork!

II) Ikkaku fights Edrad as he did in the Canon. He activates his Bankai and they settle their battle with one final clash. Ikkaku collapses from his wounds and dies, marking the first Shinigami casualty in the Arrancar War.

III) Rangiku Matsumoto fends off Yylfordt Morbun to protect Hitsugaya. When the limiter is lifted, a grievously wounded Hitsugaya rises up and slays Yylfordt with his Bankai.

• Ichigo arrives on the scene to find Renji, Rukia, and Chad. He marvels at Rukia's unveiled Shikai before Grimmjow interrupts, unnerving everyone with his formidable reiatsu. The Sexta Espada attacks and critically injures Rukia, Renji, and Chad in quick succession, enraging Ichigo. Their fight proceeds as it did in the Canon, but after Kaname Tosen takes Grimmjow back to Hueco Mundo for punishment, Ichigo's Hollow begins to manifest -- firing the Getsuga Tenshou was a step too far and he has lost control. Hitsugaya and Rangiku arrive on the scene, horrified, the captain readying to put Ichigo down if he must. Then the Visoreds appear: Hachigen casts a barrier that encloses the location while the others battle Ichigo’s Hollowfication. Toshiro warily watches as the Visoreds attempt to save Ichigo.

Yumichika brings the wounded to Orihime Inoue, asking her to try and heal Ikkaku's wounds first. Orihime becomes distraught when her powers cannot revive him -- Yumichika resignedly tells her to focus on saving Rukia and the others instead. When they are revived, the group rushes to Hachigen's Kido construct, joining Hitsugaya and Rangiku at the perimeter. Orihime, panicking when she hears that Ichigo is in danger, bypasses the barrier -- much to the Visoreds' shock. Chad and Rukia enter along with Orihime, who is horrified by the Hollowfied Ichigo, remembering the night with Acidwire. Rukia notices her fear and tells her that Ichigo had been fighting his inner Hollow for some time. Chad asks Shinji if Ichigo can be saved -- to which the Visored responds "It's up to him," but that he ought to hurry up before night ends and any civilians begin to roam the streets again.

Ichigo's inner journey plays out as it did in the Canon: his Hollow proclaims himself Zangetsu and muses on the difference between the King and his horse. Ichigo ultimately prevails over his Hollow and emerges a Visored. He staggers towards his friends and collapses -- only for Rukia to catch him. She thanks the Visoreds while Orihime, who has had a very demoralizing night, watches her embrace him. Toshiro Hitsugaya looks at Ichigo with disapproval, then curtly thanks Shinji for resolving the issue before he had to deal with it very differently.

• The next day, Yumichika Ayasegawa takes Ikkaku's body back to Soul Society for a proper burial. Kenpachi and Yachiru awaiting when he arrives. The captain asks if Ikkaku died fighting a worthy battle. Yumichika confirms that he did — much to Kenpachi’s relief.

Meanwhile, Hitsugaya has his first Soul-Skype with Yamamoto. Instead of Soul Society already deducing Aizen's plans like they had in the Canon ("We checked out his search history" lol), Yamamoto discloses that they still do not know what the defector's master plan is. He reveals that Ikkaku's death has persuaded Central 46 to upgrade the Arrancar’s threat level and that they have green-lighted a mission to send infiltrators into Hueco Mundo and retrieve the Hogyoku before he can recruit more Arrancar.

Afterwards, Hitsugaya takes Rukia aside and chastises her for keeping Ichigo's Hollow a secret, stating that it had made him a liability. The captain reminds her that Ichigo's progression was mysterious and that he could be seen as a threat by Central 46. Rukia, with umbrage, fires back that Ichigo's loyalty was not up for debate. Reflective, Toshiro offhandedly remarks that it wouldn't be the first time that Soul Society placed its trust in the wrong Substitute Shinigami.

• Hachigen recognizes that Orihime's powers are similar to his own after she bypasses his barrier. He offers to train her and she accepts, relieved to be given a second chance after Urahara had advised her to sit the war out. Every day, after school, she trains alongside Ichigo with the Visoreds, learning Hachi's techniques. She does not like seeing Ichigo with his mask -- she pointedly avoids looking at him whenever he dons it. Otherwise, it is during this training that Ichigo and Orihime spend more time together than ever before. He begins to admire her training ethic while her sunniness starts to rub off on him. They develop an obvious romantic tension for the first time, although Ichigo is less willing to admit his feelings to himself. At one point, Orihime summons the courage to broach the topic of Rukia with Ichigo, asking if he has feelings for her. Ichigo is flummoxed and says that he's never had romantic feelings for Rukia, but supposes that her friendship is his most important relationship. Orihime draws little clarity from this answer and doesn't press the issue.

• Three Weeks Later: the Shinigami are ready to launch their counteroffensive against Hueco Mundo. The infiltration party includes:

- 2nd Division Captain Sui-Feng. As the master assassin and spy of the Gotei 13, she will be leading the expedition.
a) A collection of Sui-Feng's most trusted troops, including her lieutenant, Omaeda.
- 4th Division Lieutenant Isane Kotetsu as an on-hand medic.
- 11th Division Captain Kenpachi Zaraki as the muscle.
a) Yachiru Kusajishi, Kenpachi's lieutenant, and Yumichika Ayasegawa, the 11th Division's newly promoted third seat.
4) 12th Division Captain Mayuri Kurotsuchi, who has calibrated a Garganta to discretely deposit the
infiltration party into Hueco Mundo. He is accompanying the others to collect data on the Arrancar.
a) Nemu Kurotsuchi, Mayuri's lieutenant.

The captains and their subordinates step through the Garganta, deploying to bring the fight to Aizen.

• Ichigo receives a request from Urahara to visit his shop, where Renji and Chad are training together. He arrives and asks what’s up, only to be confronted by Yoruichi, who says that it’s high time he learn some Hakuda. She thoroughly kicks his ass during their first sparring session. Afterwards, he rests with Urahara. Still bothered by Aizen's words at Sokyoku Hill, Ichigo asks Urahara if there is any truth to the defector's claim: that Urahara was banished for conducting Hollow experiments on fellow Shinigami. Urahara becomes visibly angry for the first time in the series. He begins recounting the history of the Visoreds and how he came to be banished...

- ACT THREE: TURN BACK THE PENDULUM -

• Aizen is present when Kirio Hikifune bids farewell to her fellow Shinigami before ascending to the Royal Realm. He boldly offers her a handshake of congratulations. Shinji, his captain, chides him for impudence, but Hikifune accepts the gesture and shakes Aizen's hand, finding the lieutenant charming.

• Rojuro 'Rose' Otoribashi and Mashiro Kuna are both present. The difference is that they regrettably do not survive Hollowfication -- this is the first time we are introduced to 'Soul Suicide', and it's horrifying. Kensei is a more upbeat personality before Mashiro’s death — his surliness a result of profound grief over the ensuing century.

• When Urahara finishes recounting the tale, Ichigo is shaken and possesses a newfound appreciation for the Visoreds' vendetta against Aizen. He resumes training with Yoruichi, his experience as a black belt coming in handy.

- ACT FOUR: THE LAST QUINCY -

• Uryu Ishida arrives at Saragüd, a fictionalized European city that had been the epicenter of the Quincy Empire a thousand years prior. Here lies the last remnants of Quincy culture, reflected in its preserved architecture (which looks vaguely similar to Silbern) that sits right alongside modern buildings. History remembers the Quincy as a religious order that conquered the majority of Europe and portions of Asia at an unprecedented speed before their army and leadership inexplicably vanished. Much of their history is the stuff of folklore that has been dismissed as fiction by historians, who deem their rapid rise and abrupt fall a complete mystery. Uryu has come to make a pilgrimage in the Quincy homeland.

• Uryu enters a museum that holds Quincy artifacts, the other patrons ignorant of their spiritual power. He finds an exhibit featuring the broken blade of the Quincy Emperor — Yhwach’s sword, we will later learn. He remembers the legend of how a Quincy could always elicit help by kneeling before the emperor’s weapon and pledging fealty. He wrestles with the memory of his grandfather Sōken warning that such a request wouldn’t be worth the cost. Bracing himself, Uryu kneels down before the sword and murmurs the vow. Nothing happens.

• Later that night, Uryu is walking the streets of Saragüd, wistfully admiring the architecture. He turns into an alleyway and is ambushed by three figures. They restrain him with ease, revealing that they are Quincy, much to Uryu’s shock. We will learn their names much later on: they are Robert Accutrone, Berenice Gabrielli, and Cang Du. Gabrielli does most of the talking, telling Uryu that His Majesty heard his plea and that they were sent to grant his wish — so long as he affirms he will use his strength to serve the Quincy. Uryu asserts that he will use his power to help his Quincy comrades and to protect his friends. Gabrielli retorts that he cannot do both and then appeals to Uryu’s sense of lineage, asking if he is willing to embrace his destiny. Uryu, desperate, accepts this Faustian bargain. With a nod from Accutrone, Cang Du plunges a Quincy arrow straight into Uryu’s heart — reigniting his powers in a brilliant flash. The three Quincy make their leave, but not before Accutrone warns Uryu that Ichigo Kurosaki will never be his ally. Once they are gone, Uryu realizes that his father, Ryuken, has been watching from the rooftops above. They share an ambiguous look, but no words. Uryu turns and walks away, heading home for Karakura Town.

- ACT FIVE: BAIT AND SWITCH -

• A week later, Hitsugaya calls Soul Society to inquire about the progress of the infiltration party. He is given no update and told to remain vigilant at his post in Karakura Town. Frustrated, Toshiro wonders aloud to Rangiku if something has gone wrong.

• The Arrancar mount another surprise attack: a one-armed and demoted Grimmjow Jaegerjacques, the newly promoted Sexta Espada Luppi Antenor, Yammy Riyalgo, Wonderweiss, and a dozen Gillian (who are more formidable in this revision — even against captains). Not only do Ichigo, Toshiro, Rangiku, Rukia, and Renji spring into action, but the threat compels the Visoreds to leave their compound. Hachigen stays behind with Orihime, who he has advised is not yet ready to face the Arrancar. Orihime is frustrated by this and confesses how she hates feeling useless (similar to Uryu’s confession to her). Hachi assures her that she is not useless and that her potential is great should she continue honing her abilities.

• The battle proceeds similarly to how it did in the Canon, but with some alterations: Toshiro and Rangiku fight Luppi and Urahara Kisuke toys with Yammy while the Visoreds, Rukia, and Renji contend with the Gillian -- who are a dire handful. Wonderweiss gives Kensei and Lisa some trouble. Meanwhile Ichigo has his rematch against Grimmjow but does not activate his Bankai, overwhelming the one-armed Espada's base form with his Visored Shikai — even utilizing some Hakuda — until his mask breaks. He is rescued by Rukia before Shinji arrives and outclasses Grimmjow.

When a Negación beam casts down to return a defeated Yammy back to Hueco Mundo, the infuriated Arrancar talks smack to Urahara — boasting that next time, he will return with Lord Aizen, and that they will obliterate him and the rest of Karakura Town. This comment catches Urahara’s attention.

Meanwhile, Ulquiorra materializes before the Visoreds' compound and bypasses Hachigen's barrier with a tool specially given to him by Aizen. Inside, he surprises Hachi and Orihime and requests that Orihime come with him. Hachi puts up a spirited defense, encasing Ulquiorra with multiple layers of Kido. This is when we first see the Arrancar demonstrate his frightening prowess, gradually shattering Hachi’s formidable Kido and bridging the distance between him and the Visored with Sonído. Ulquiorra unsheathes his blade and cuts Hachigen down, advising him not to rise again. Hachi attempts to encumber Uquiorra with one last Kido while begging Orihime to flee, but his heroism is met with a killing strike by Ulquiorra.

Orihime is frozen in fear. Ulquiorra ridicules the futility of Hachi’s gesture before turning his attention to her, warning that the rest of her friends will be next if she does not come quietly to Hueco Mundo. Overwhelmed by a mixture of grief and guilt, Orihime agrees. Ulquiorra gives her the arm band that will make her intangible and allows her to visit one person before departing. The Espada then teleports across the city to retrieve Grimmjow, telling him that their mission is done and to depart for Hueco Mundo.

The Visoreds return to their compound to find Hachigen slain and Orihime missing. They mourn the loss of their comrade while Ichigo panics over Inoue's presumed kidnapping. Meanwhile, Orihime ventures to Tatsuki’s home in the middle of the night, giving a tearful goodbye to her sleeping best friend before departing for Hueco Mundo. After Orihime leaves, Tatsuki awakes and says her name, believing she had just dreamt of her.

- ACT SIX: ONCE MORE INTO THE BREACH -

• Hitsugaya Soul-Skypes (lol) Yamamoto with Ichigo, Rukia, Renji, and Rangiku present. Unlike in the Canon, the Gotei has no suspicion that Orihime defected to Aizen, but are fully confident that she was kidnapped, presumably for her unique powers. An agitated Ichigo begs Yamamoto to direct Sui-Feng’s squad to prioritize finding and rescuing Inoue. The Captain-Commander reveals that Soul Society lost contact with the infiltration squad immediately after they passed through the Garganta and have heard no word from them since. Toshiro is horrified while a panicked Ichigo offers to venture into Hueco Mundo to rescue Orihime himself. Yamamoto forbids this: three captains and their subordinates are missing and possibly dead and it is simply too risky to make more attempts to infiltrate Hueco Mundo. The Captain-Commander concludes that the Gotei will prepare to mount a defense for whenever Aizen makes his move, forbidding everyone from taking any action until further orders. Hitsugaya thanks Yamamoto and ends the call, advising Ichigo to heed Yamamoto’s order. Ichigo, furious, storms out while Rukia and Renji bite their tongues.

• Orihime is presented before Aizen Sosuke. He praises her power, describing it as divine. She heals Grimmjow, who promptly kills Luppi and reclaims his spot as the Sexta Espada.

• The Visoreds give Hachi a Viking Funeral at Urahara’s shop, having abandoned their compromised hideout. Tessai Tsukabishi encases Hachi’s body in a coffin of Kido and guides it into a fire as the others watch in silence, Ichigo present.

• The next day at school, Tatsuki confronts Ichigo about Orihime’s disappearance. Their argument plays out like it did in the Canon. Shamed and unwilling to sit idly by, Ichigo goes to Urahara’s shop to ask if there is any way to safely infiltrate Hueco Mundo. Urahara theorizes that Aizen had cloaked the perimeter of his stronghold with a barrier that would scramble the trajectory of any Garganta that did not carry his forces’ unique signature. He adds that Mayuri is brilliant, but underestimated Aizen’s thoroughness and set coordinates that were too close to Las Noches (Barragan’s castle that the Shinigami already know about and presume Aizen has camped out in) and that the infiltration party was likely cast in opposite directions across the far reaches of the Hollow realm when they stepped through the Garganta. Urahara concludes that the only safe way to enter Hueco Mundo is to land in the far-reaches of its wilderness, but that the terrain would be perilous.

Ichigo begs Urahara to create a Garganta for him, insisting that he will rescue Orihime and the captains himself. Chad appears and corrects Ichigo: the two of them will save Orihime together. He demonstrates his improved strength and a heartened Ichigo accepts his help. They are interrupted again when Renji and Rukia appear, the Shinigami chiding Ichigo for thinking that they were going to take Yamamoto’s orders lying down. They are all interrupted yet again when Uryu appears, surprising everyone with his resurrected Quincy powers. The happy reunion is interrupted one more time by Shinji, who has been standing back observing the entire exchange, stating that he and his comrades will not be joining — concluding that he will not risk any more Visored lives to help solve Soul Society’s problems. Ichigo tells Shinji that he understands and thanks him for helping him conquer his inner hollow. Urahara opens a Garganta and the Nakama all enter.

I will add more arcs when they are ready. Hope this proves a stimulating read.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you, MarchLocnessMarch, for this very interesting article. I am not commenting everything but am selecting some points:

It doesn't apply in early Bleach but especially later I also would have preferred it to see a stronger focus on what I call the nakama group. And when it comes to the nakama group, I would have preferred it to see a stronger focus on Ichigo and Uryuu. They are representing Shinigami and Quincies, their history, their conflict is after all the main topic of Bleach. So much about this is especially missing in the last arc but this will now hopefully change in the coming new anime. Tite Kubo and who is working with him here has the opportunity to tell Bleach in full and I am very confident that this will happen.

As some sarcastic people said in the past, having a romantic relationship, especially getting married, will end into a death sentence for at least one of them. Bleach is a dangerous universe but still, I would have preferred a better record here. One of the scenes people like me (meaning Ishida fans in his FC) wanted to see in the last arc is a group hug of the friends with Ishida in the middle. It would be a nice gesture but I noticed that any physical contact even between friends is not taking place or maybe very rarely. Kissing someone who is not even aware of it does not count that much. I would definitely change that. No bed scenes but a kiss, nothing wrong with that.

Random points:

A lot of people seem to think that Ichigo and Kaien looked so similar. I don't see it. I see that Rukia might have wondered about Isshin who is a Shinigami wearing a Gigai but it made sense not to go into that in early Bleach. It would have taken away the surprise.

Urahara used a well rehearsed official story Shinigami who know the truth are supposed to tell if someone asked questions. No, I think what he said fits perfectly. Truth, half-truth, lies and a lot being left out - that is the pattern that is still around today.

If Orihime had beaten Jirobo by herself, it would have changed her character from early on. And I believe, that would be a good thing. It would also mean that the dome story would have taken a very different direction.

Mayuri is a monster. Showing him the way he is, I actually welcomed that. He is a chameleon, adapting to his environment. He can look charming, even funny. But especially when nobody is watching him, he is not. He treated Nemu in a despicable way and enjoyed it. And now everybody seemed to look at Mayuri the loving daddy of the little girl. I wonder what they will say if they ever see Mayuri's new Bankai. (Probably nothing, which has been typical Bleach even in the books).

Hinamori - she is one of my least favourite characters. She is powerful but otherwise I believe she is unsuitable for the position she is in. She has her fans but if she had died, it would be fine with me.

Ishida and "being too frightened to run towards danger" - no way. He would access the situation and watch but, no, not because he is afraid but because he is intelligent. He knows what fights he should enter and when he can make a difference.

A Quincy without powers dies. Not only does he become hollow food but develops silver blood clots that eventually kill the Quincy. Uryuu still had his spiritual awareness but his health was suffering. I think Ryuuken saved his life when he returned his powers. No, the way Tite Kubo handled this was fine and in character for both of them. Ryuuken wanted his son to live but he stunted his growth, like by not teaching him Blut.

A lot is missing but I definitely prefer the Quincy story in the last arc to yours. Uryuu defied Bach as a young child, using powers Bach wanted as his own. This is why he invaded the Soul Society at that time, when he felt that Uryuu was ready to be used, not a small child any more and still malleable. Bach could never read Uryuu, he could only see the ripples in the flow of time, not what caused it. Fortunately Uryuu must have noticed very quickly that he can't show his Antithesis to anyone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! :urahara Getting any engagement is an encouraging sign. I'll grant you that "afraid" was not the optimal way to describe Uryu's headspace in that moment you referenced. I might edit that particular language to better reflect his character. Otherwise, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree regarding some of your other points. Hope you're looking forward to reading the rest. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alright, if you thought the last arc's alterations were absurdly long, then buckle up. Hueco Mundo is getting a full makeover (but seriously, this arc alone clocked in at 20 pages). Hope it ain't a drag.

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 3.28.37 AM.png

First, let's talk about the Espada and how they are different (or not) in this version:

THE ESPADA

From the top: it is established early on that each Espada represents an aspect of death (like, it’s explained as early as Rukia’s battle against Aaroniero). Their aspects (mostly) originate from the soul who constitutes their dominant personality and how they came to lose their heart.

PRIMERA ESPADA | Coyote Starrk
Aspect | Solitude
Classification | Vasto Lorde
Resurrección | Los Lobos
Signature Move | Can disperse fragments of his soul; the wolf form of Lilynette Gingerbuck can disperse herself into multiple Cero Wolves that will cling to a target and detonate into a devastating blast.
Fraccíon | His other half, Lilynette Gingerbuck.
Big difference from the Canon | Starrk is unambiguously the strongest Espada. While he remains aloof and lazy, he does draw comfort from Aizen's confidence in him.

SEGUNDA ESPADA | Barragan Luisebarn
Aspect | Decrepitude
Resurrección | Arrogante
X-Factor | Can dilate time with his Reiatsu.
Signature Move | Emits a black aura called Respira that will corrode all that it comes into contact with.
Fraccíon | Adjucas who had served him before Aizen’s conquest: Shawlong Koufe, Choe Neng Poww, Findorr Calius, and Ggio Vega.

TERCERA ESPADA | Tier Harribel
Aspect | Sacrifice
Resurrección | Tiburón
X-Factor | Likely the most versatile fighter among the Espada.
Signature Move | Can concentrate water into devastating elemental attacks.
Fraccíon | Adjucas Arrancar that she had protected before transforming: Emilou Apacci, Franceska Mila Rose, and Cyan Sung-Sun.

FORMER TERCERA ESPADA | Nelliel Tu Odelschwank
Aspect | Lamentation
Classification | Adjuchas
Resurrección | Gamuza
X-Factor | Has an even faster Sonído than Zommari.
Big difference from the Canon: Her transformation back to her adult self is permanent. Her Resurrección retains her antelope-like lower half, but she is bipedal and does not have four legs, giving her the appearance of a Satyr rather than a Centaur.
Nelliel.png

CUARTA ESPADA | Ulquiorra Cifer
Aspect | Emptiness
Resurrección | Murciélago
X-Factor | Has the most rapid regeneration.
Signature Move | Lanza del Relámpago, a javelin composed of devastatingly powerful Reiatsu.

QUINTA ESPADA | Nnoitra Gilga
Aspect | Despair

Resurrección | Santa Teresa
X-Factor | Has the strongest hierro.
Fraccíon | His lapdog subordinate, Tesra Lindocruz
Big difference from the Canon: His Resurreción form is replaced with the appearance of his Hōgyoku-influenced transformation in Brave Souls -- minus the Hōgyoku, of course. Two enormous scythes extend from his forearms while his back sprouts four pincers composed or Reiatsu.
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 10.50.58 PM.png

SEXTA ESPADA | Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez
Aspect | Pride
Resurrección | Pantera
Signature Move | Desgarrón, curving Reishi launched from his claws.
Fraccíon | A collection of Gillian Arrancar who had followed him before transforming: Edrad Liones, Yylfordt Morbun, and Di Roy Rinker.

INTERIM SEXTA ESPADA | Luppi Antenor
Aspect | Pride
Resurrección | Trepadora
Big Difference from the Canon: His Resurreción is replaced with the appearance of his modified transformation in Brave Souls. It is made explicit that he was not an Espada before succeeding Grimmjow, and that he was only chosen because they shared the same aspect: Pride.

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 11.03.22 PM.png

SÉPTIMA ESPADA | Zommari Leroux
Aspect | Coveting
Resurrección | Afrodita
X-Factor | Has the fastest Sonído amongst the current Espada.
Signature Move | Amor, a charm that will allow him to control wherever he imprints it.
Big difference from the Canon: His Resurreción is replaced with the appearance of his Hōgyoku-influenced transformation in Brave Souls -- minus the Hōgyku and the floating totems. He does not sit on a bulbous flower but instead levitates off the ground in a meditation posture.

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 10.56.33 PM.png

OCTAVA ESPADA | Szayelaparro Granz
Aspect | Vanity
Resurrección | Fornicarás
X-Factor | Has the greatest intellect amongst the Espada.
Signature Move | Gabriel, which allows him to impregnate an enemy and rebirth himself from within them.
Fraccíon | Controls several Privaron Espada that he has effectively lobotomized: Dordonni, Cirucci, and eventually Luppi Antenor.

NOVENA ESPADA | Aaroniero Arruruerie
Aspect | Greed
Classification | Gillian
Resurrección | Glutonería
X-Factor | Can cannibalize other Hollows to supplant his own power, adopting their abilities and the memories of those they had consumed.
Signature Move | Aspect manifestation, which allows him to recreate the likeness and abilities of souls in the digestive tract of the Hollows he has absorbed.

DÉCIMA ESPADA | Yammy Riyalgo
Aspect | Rage
Resurrección | Ira
X-Factor | If he has stored up enough souls and rested enough, his Resurrección provides the most dramatic increase in power among the Espada.
Big difference from the Canon | While his Resurrección is portrayed as far more formidable than his base form would suggest, he is not Numero Cero and unambiguously not the strongest Espada.

And now for how Hueco Mundo differs: the Hollow realm is more topographically diverse than it was in the Canon. It is still a vast desert with the
Forest of Menos below, but also contains forests comprised of towering thorns, mountains whose height eclipses any peak found in the world of the living, and lakes of acid -- not suitable for swimming.

Alright, let’s get into the meat of this quixotic rewrite.

- ACT ONE: REACHING NEW HEIGHTS -

The Outskirts of Hueco Mundo
The Nakama land in a valley of thorns, with gnarled spikes jutting far into the dark sky. Before they can even get their bearings, a dozen small Hollows descend upon them, gravitating to their Reiatsu. Uryu, eager to flex his reawakened powers, dispatches all of them with a spam of his Heilig Pfeil. Rukia ruefully reminds Ishida that his power kills Hollows outright whereas she and Renji could cleanse them for reincarnation in Soul Society, asking that he show more restraint going forward. The Nakama ventures through the valley until the the thickets of thorns give way to an unimaginably tall mountain ridge. Ichigo concludes that they’ll have to scale it to escape the valley. The Nakama begin their climb, a flustered Rukia admitting that she’s had a fear of heights ever since Ichigo threw her down to Renji from the Sokyoku arches.

• Karakura Town
Back in the world of the living, Hitsugaya is irate upon discovering that Renji and Rukia are missing, Worried that they may have made a rash decision, Toshiro and Rangiku visit the Kurosaki household to find Ichigo, not wearing their gigais so they won’t be seen. They are shocked when Karin can plainly see them tiptoeing across the living room, having not realized that she can see spirits. She asks them what they’re doing in her house and they collapse in embarrassment. Isshin enters, asking what the commotion is about. Toshiro and Rangiku are both flabbergasted when they see him, simultaneously exclaiming “Captain Shiba?!” Isshin is taken aback, sheepishly stating that it had been a while.

• The Outskirts of Hueco Mundo
The Nakama continue scaling the mountain, the heights becoming hair-raising. They happen upon a cave and venture inside. It is here where they meet Nel Tu, Dondochakka and Pesche. They confuse Nel for a human and try to save her, only to realize that she is an Arrancar playing with were playing her "brothers." She immediately takes a liking to Ichigo, recommending that Dondachakka and Pesche can show everyone a route that leads to the other side of the mountain. Hijinks ensue as they make their way through the tunnels, running into terrifying Hollows that Nel keeps insisting are friendly once you just get to know them. Chad notes that the air feels noticeably richer to him than it did in the world of the living.

They finally reach the other end of the mountain, stepping out onto a pronounced rocky cliff and getting their first good look at the vast expanse of Hueco Mundo’s desert: bleached bright by an unforgiving sun, with Las Noches visible in the far distance. While everyone is preoccupied with the view, Rukia gets vertigo from the heights and turns away. She freezes in shock -- spotting an Arrancar lounging on a boulder right by the cave’s entrance. It is Coyote Starrk. Snapping his eyes open, he grumbles that even after venturing out into the middle of nowhere, he still can’t get some respite.

Rukia grips the hilt of her Zanpakuto and demands that the Arrancar identify himself, alerting everyone to his presence. Before Starrk can answer, Lilynette Gingerbuck leaps out from behind the rock, punching him in the head and chiding him for reacting so nonchalantly before the intruders. The Nakama watch in bemusement as Coyote and Lilynette snipe at each other: Lilynette points out that these strangers are Shinigami, making them enemies of Lord Aizen and therefore their enemies by association. Starrk processes this and shrugs, admitting that she is technically correct. The pint-sized Arrancar only grows more irate, asking Starrk why he hasn’t killed them already.

Uryu’s heard enough: he materializes his bow and fires a Heilig Pfeil — which Starrk nonchalantly deflects with a flick of his wrist. The Arrancar tells them all to scram, aiming his palm down towards the rocky ground and firing a small Cero, the blast cutting clean through the cliff and severing it from the mountain. The Nakama comically scream as they plummet, the dislodged slab of cliff grinding down the mountainside like a sled, while Starrk and Lilynette watch from above, suspended in the air. Lilynette suggests that they tell Lord Aizen. Starrk, picking at his ear with a pinky, ponders for a beat and then agrees, the two Arrancar zipping away in a flash of Sonído.

The slab of rock skids down until it crashes at the bottom of the mountain, launching the Nakama head-first into the sand. They regroup, Renji wondering aloud if they had just encountered a member of the Espada. They turn to Nel for an answer, but the little Arrancar insists she had never seen him before in her life. Suddenly, the sand beneath them converges to form a massive Hollow — Runuganga. The ensuing battle plays out similarly to how it did in the Anime: Rukia slays Runuganga, who uses the last of his strength to create a sinkhole that ensnares the Nakama, casting them down into the Forest of Menos.

• Karakura Town
We are in the Kurosaki household's kitchen. Hitsugaya, Matsumoto, and Isshin are all sitting in awkward silence at the table. Rangiku is visibly excited to see him again while Toshiro is more guarded, studying him carefully. Karin watches from the other room, wondering how her dumb dad knows these two Shinigami.

Toshiro is the first to break the silence: recounting how Soul Society thought Isshin was dead for the past 18 years (pardon me if that timeline isn’t absolutely correct). Isshin pushes back against this, stating that Yamamoto had probably been aware of his whereabouts, regardless of whatever official story the Gotei stuck with. Toshiro pointedly asks Isshin why he has been hiding out in the world of the living. Isshin dismisses it as a long story, but after some more plying from Rangiku, he relents and explains what happened on the fateful day he disappeared.

We get a partial flashback to “Everything But the Rain,” only it’s told strictly from Isshin’s POV: when he was Isshin Shiba, captain of the 10th Division. We see third seat Hitsugaya report the string of Shinigami deaths in Naruki City, Isshin deciding to investigate the matter by himself and running into a vicious, horned creature that was stronger than any Hollow he had ever encountered before. During the battle, Isshin is cut from behind by a mysterious figure — we don’t see who — and he struggles to fend off the Hollow while nursing a grievous wound. The monster lunges at him as he roars back in defiance…

… and we leave the flashback, Isshin trailing off into a long, contemplative silence. Toshiro and Rangiku, both hanging on the suspense, grow impatient and simultaneously ask what happened next. Isshin, with closed eyes, merely smiles and answers that an angel saved him. He adds that he won’t delve any deeper, but that the long and short of it was that he lost his Shinigami powers in the intervening years and that they had only returned recently. Toshiro, opting not to press him on the matter, asks where Ichigo is. Isshin leans back, stating that Ichigo and his friends had gone to save “that nice girl” Orihime from Hueco Mundo.

Hitsugaya, eyes bulging, curses them for being so rash, worrying that they'll get themselves killed. Isshin retorts that he's not too worried, stating that his son always had a talent for falling ass backward into victory. Leaning forward, he adds that it was high time that Toshiro meet Kisuke Urahara.

- ACT TWO: GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER -

• Las Noches
Aizen, Gin, and Tosen convene a meeting with all of the Espada. Waiting until tea is served, Aizen asks Starrk to share his discovery with the rest of the class. Starrk recounts his run-in with the Shinigami, mentioning a kid with funny orange hair. Aizen cuts him off, concluding that the intruders are Ichigo Kurosaki and his friends coming to save Orihime Inoue, presumably given passage by Kisuke Urahara. Grimmjow, eager to settle his score, attempts to leave and confront Ichigo, only for Aizen to discourage him with a flex of his Reiatsu. Aizen advises that they all wait and see if Ichigo’s band can even reach Las Noches. If they do, then the Espada can deal with them as they please.

Aizen orders everyone to leave — save for Starrk. When they are alone, Aizen asks the Arrancar why he and Lilynette had left Las Noches for the mountains. Starrk answers that they just wanted to be alone for a little while. Aizen presses him, asking why he didn’t engage the intruders — to which Starrk replies that he just didn’t feel like it.

With a smile, Aizen tells Starrk that it is to be expected that he would have trouble adjusting to being part of a unit — noting that his aspect is “Solitude,” after all. In an unusual moment of candor, Aizen tells Starrk that he too has felt solitude all of his life. He recalls the first group he was ever a part of: a band of street urchins in the Rukongai. Aizen adds that the other children came to look up him -- even love him -- but he could only feel contempt for them in return. They were incapable of understanding him because they couldn’t comprehend his potential. Aizen concludes that he and Starrk were once alike, but Starrk is now among equals, ruled by someone of superior strength, and therefore understood for the first time. He tells Starrk to reflect on that the next time he encounters an enemy.

• Forest of Menos
The Nakama land in a subterranean realm teeming with quartz-encrusted trees. Pesche explains that they’re in the Forest of Menos, where weaker Hollows hide from the Arrancar that rule Hueco Mundo’s surface. Ichigo realizes with alarm that Rukia isn’t with them -- she must have been separated during the fall. Before they can look for her, they sense two Reiatsu signatures coming towards them. The Nakama brace for combat, only for Isane Kotetsu and Yumichika Ayasegawa to emerge. The two Shinigami, both looking worse for wear, explain that they landed in the Forest of Menos immediately after passing through Mayuri’s Garganta, confirming Urahara’s theory that Las Noches was cloaked in a portal-tampering barrier.

Ichigo is dispirited, guessing that they all must be trapped if Isane and Yumichika hadn’t already escaped from the forest. They concur, recounting how they hadn’t been able to find a way out. Dondochakka and Pesche merrily announce that they don’t know of any escape route, either. An annoyed Renji sarcastically thanks them for their insight.

Meanwhile, Rukia has her side adventure with Ashida Kano. Kubo-sama reportedly wanted to include this character in the manga but couldn’t because he was too tangential to the plot, so we’re gonna make him Canon, albeit in a shortened capacity. Ashida, who looks more wild and scarred than he did in the anime, shows Rukia the graves of his comrades, explains some Hollow lore, and agrees to help her escape. After they find the rest of the Nakama, Ashida takes them to the passage that leads back to Hueco Mundo’s surface. They’re attacked by Hollows and the Nakama escape through the collapsing tunnel while Ashida stays behind to fend off the onslaught, presumably trapped in the Forest of Menos forever. Rukia, witnessing Ashida’s bloodlust, realizes that he never had any intention of escaping with them.

• Las Noches
Ulquiorra enters Orihime’s chamber with Loly and Menoly in tow, announcing that Lord Aizen requests her presence. Traumatized by Hachi’s death, Orihime regards the Espada with a mixture of disgust and fear as Loly and Menoly escort her away. They take her to Aizen’s chamber, where he rests in a chair gazing out at the Hueco Mundo wasteland. He rises from his seat and turns to them, eliciting a gasp from Loly and Menoly. Aizen is in a horrible state — gaunt and pale, varicose veins sprawling out from beneath his Arrancar garb. He orders the guards to leave him alone with Orihime — sparking Loly’s jealous resentment of her.

Aizen returns to his seat, politely asking Orihime to come and heal him. She gingerly does so while he watches her with fascination, the blackened veins branching from his chest receding. He shows her the Hōgyoku, noting that it has become cracked from “overuse.” The orb throbs with intense light. Aizen tells Orihime that the Hōgyoku is responding to her presence: it has a kinship with something inside of her -- something that hails from the heavens. He shares his analysis of her powers and rhetorically asks if she will help him in the war to come.

Orihime, having been returned to her quarters, reflects on what Aizen told her. She resolves to use her power to destroy the Hōgyoku if given the chance.

• The Hueco Mundo Desert
The Nakama make camp, Isane healing everyone’s injuries. Nel notices that Rukia is melancholy after leaving Ashida behind. The little Arrancar waddles up to the Shinigami and tries to cheer her up, telling her that she too feels sadness — lots of it, and all the time! Rukia, endeared, tells Nel that she’s not like the other Hollows she’s encountered. Their conversation turns to the matter of the heart, Nel pouting that she doesn’t know where hers went. Rukia is moved and tries to cheer the little Arrancar up in return. She holds her fist out between them, telling Nel that her heart exists there, in that space. Nel doesn't understand, but is delighted nonetheless. Renji asks Rukia where she got that pearl of wisdom from. She honestly can't recall, suggesting that maybe it was Captain Ukitake.

Meanwhile, Ichigo sits with Ishida and Chad, happily observing that they both seem a lot stronger than before. Ishida politely deflects the praise while Chad discloses that he has felt himself becoming stronger ever since they entered Hueco Mundo.

Yumichika watches Ichigo interact with his friends. He drolly remarks to Isane that the success of their mission now rests on the shoulders of an immature teenager.

• Soul Society
Yamamoto convenes a meeting with the remaining captains: Shunsui Kyoraku, Jushiro Ukitake, Byakuya Kuchiki, and Sajin Komamura. Toshiro Hitsugaya has returned to deliver his report in person, announcing from the top that Ichigo, Renji, and Rukia had disobeyed Yama’s orders and left for Hueco Mundo. Byakuya chides Hitsugaya for letting his sister abandon her post under his nose. Toshiro apologizes, but adds that this isn’t why he’s returned to Soul Society — insisting that there is something that the Captain-Commander needs to hear. To the captains’ shock, Kisuke Urahara enters the chamber.

Toshiro sheepishly admits that he smuggled Urahara along with him when he returned through the Senkaimon. Komamura questions why Toshiro would bring a known exile into Soul Society. Yamamoto states he had already deduced Urahara’s innocence after Aizen’s defection. “What I do not understand,” Yama adds, locking eyes with Urahara, “is why you’ve chosen to return now, after all this time."

Urahara replies that it’s because he has figured out Aizen’s plan -- and he will need Soul Society’s help to thwart him. Toshiro gives Yamamoto a look, beseeching him to hear the exile out. Kyoraku cheekily cuts through the tense silence, prodding Kisuke to get on with it already.

Urahara, needing no further prompting, shares what the Arrancar named Yammy had told him after their battle: that Aizen himself would come to Karakura Town and “obliterate” it. Urahara found this statement odd, noting that Aizen had no reason to destroy the city — unless it was a means to an end. Yamamoto is startled, quickly grasping at what Urahara is getting at. “The Ōken” he whispers. Urahara nods vigorously, explaining what the Ōken is to the uninitiated in the room: a key to the Royal Realm. Yamamoto, reserving some skepticism, notes that the Ōken was the most closely guarded secret in Soul Society. Until today, he thought he was the only Shinigami who knew of it. Urahara, with some edge in his voice, points out that if he himself could learn of the Ōken, then so could Sosuke Aizen.

Yamamoto, head bowed, concludes that Aizen could only be aiming to infiltrate the Royal Realm for one purpose. Ukitake gasps, recalling Aizen’s words to him — “I alone shall stand in heaven” — exclaiming that Aizen’s goal must be to assassinate the Soul King. Urahara concurs, noting that Aizen could only create the Ōken by harvesting 100,000 souls and the Jūreichi -- the most spiritually dense location in the world of the living -- which is currently Karakura Town. He adds that Aizen would need a shard of the Soul King -- one of the infinitesimal slivers that Reiō had left of himself across the realms -- in order to initiate the ritual. Kyoraku interjects that shards of the Soul King were extremely rare, their existence not even wholly confirmed. There is a pregnant silence as Yamamoto stares Urahara down, the Captain-Commander intuiting that “Aizen will use his Hōgyoku to create the Ōken.”

All the captains look to Urahara, who explains that when he and Aizen forged their respective Hōgyokus, the key component for both was a shard of Reiō. By taking the sliver and manipulating it through endless experimentation, they were able to artificially recreate Reiō’s essence -- a Reiatsu that did not exist outside of the Royal Realm. Exposure to this spiritual energy could evolve Hollows or Shinigami with varying results. Urahara notes that Aizen’s Hōgyoku was highly imperfect: while it was effective at evolving Hollows, it would repeatedly result in “Soul Suicide” if used on a Shinigami -- like Shinji Hirako and the other Gotei members that Aizen experimented on. He admits that his own Hōgyoku was invertedly flawed -- successful at hybridizing Shinigami but ineffective with Hollows. Urahara concludes that Aizen stole his Hōgyoku to merge it with his own, forging one fully realized recreation of the Soul King’s energy. With it, he could carve out Karakura Town and its entire population from existence and reforge them into the Ōken. The Hōgyoku would be destroyed by the process, but by then it would have already fulfilled its use to Aizen: amassing a formidable army to help him storm the Royal Realm.

Urahara adds there was one more important detail he derived from Yammy’s claim — that Aizen would come “next time,” meaning that his full-scale attack on Karakura Town was imminent. Everyone turns to Yamamoto, who remains silent for a long beat, until he asks: what do you need from us?

Urahara breaks into a grin as he fans himself and cheerfully explains that he’ll just need to borrow the entire 12th Division and any laborers Soul Society has on hand. Suddenly, Yoruichi Shihōin flashes beside Byakuya Kuchiki, teasingly asking if his Shunpo had gotten any faster. She then turns her attention to Yama, adding that she too will be needing something — her Zanpakuto, which has been kept locked in the 2nd Division barracks ever since her abdication.

- ACT THREE: POWER TO STRIVE -

The Perimeter of Las Noches
The Nakama reaches one of Las Noches’ flanks. Ichigo and Renji crack the wall open and the group enters. They are promptly separated when five trap doors trigger beneath them. We cut to Szayelaparro Granz in Las Noches’ control room, grinning as he watches the Nakama tumble down on the monitor screen before him. The Octava Espada remarks that the rats were in his maze, now.

- The group has now been splintered into five factions:
a) Ichigo is paired with Nel.
b) Chad is paired with Isane.
c) Renji is grouped with Yumichika, Dondochakka, and Pesche.
d) Ishida is by himself.
e) Rukia is by herself.

Dumped into different sections of the fortress, the divided Nakama start making their way through the corridors. Ichigo, Chad, and Ishida do not run into any Privaron Espada.

• Aaroniero’s Palace
The first encounter is Rukia running into Aaroniero Arruruerie. Their fight plays out exactly as it did in the Canon — culminating in her remembering Kaien Shiba’s telling her his philosophy about “the heart” (which is, no joke, my favorite moment in the entire series). She musters her remaining strength to cast San no mai, Shirafune -- restructuring her broken sword with ice and impaling the Gillian Espada’s cranial encasement. Both combatants crash to the ground as Glotonería explodes into a torrent of viscera.

• The Outskirts of Hueco Mundo
Suí-Fēng, Kenpachi Zaraki, and Yachiru Kusajishi stand at the peak of the mountain ridge that the Nakama had journeyed into earlier. All of them are battle worn after having fought way through the outer reaches of Hueco Mundo's wilderness. They gaze down at Las Noches -- a mere dot on the horizon. Suí-Fēng grins with relief, remarking that they’re nearly there. Marechiyo Ōmaeda crawls up behind them, exhausted and complaining that now they have to climb all the way down. Suí-Fēng gives him a kick to the head, telling him to either get in better shape or stop whining.

• Las Noches
Ichigo is confronted by Ulquiorra Cifer. Their altercation plays out like it did in the Canon, except that Ichigo uses a Visored Shikai instead of his Bankai (a Visored Bankai tends to be highly volatile / Shinji warned him not to use it in battle). Ulquiorra tanks the Getsuga Tenshou, stomps Ichigo, and reveals that he is only the fourth Espada. He impales Ichigo through the right side of his chest and leaves him in a heap.

• Las Noches - Continued
Chad and Isane turn a corner and are confronted by Yammy Riyalgo. The Décima Espada voices his disappointment in running into Chad again, boasting that he had mopped the floor with him before. He changes his tune when Chad challenges him with a powerful strike. The Arrancar observes with pleasure that the human isn’t as pathetic as the last time they fought. They duke it out, Chad demonstrating El Directo, tanking Yammy’s powerful punches and responding with his own. The Arrancar grows frustrated, warning Chad not to get cocky before punching a Bala down into his exposed knee, sending him off-balance. Yammy capitalizes on the opening and fires dozens of Balas into Chad’s chest, blasting him through a wall. He then turns his attention towards Isane, who will not fare any better. She averts him through Kido, Shunpo, and her wiles, but he eventually catches her torso in a full grip, gleefully threatening to squeeze until her head pops off.

Before Yammy can finish making his threat, he is sucker-punched with volcanic force by Chad, the impact sending him skidding across the ground. Chad reveals his offense-oriented arm -- Brazo Izquierda del Diablo — and proceeds to pummel the Arrancar, putting his back against a wall. Chad tells Yammy that their battle has helped him confirm that his powers -- whatever they may be -- are similar to that of a Hollow, and that Hueco Mundo has coaxed out a new level of strength in him. This draws a guffaw from the punch-drunk Yammy, who mocks the human for thinking his power could ever compare to an Arrancar. Chad responds by punch Yammy square in the solar plexus with La Muerte — the shockwave indenting a badass skull into the wall behind the Décima Espada, who is now knocked the fuck out.

• Las Noches - Continued
Ulquiorra visits Orihime to inform her that Rukia Kuchiki has died — and that he has dispatched Ichigo Kurosaki with his own hand. Orihime is frozen in devastation and nearly despairs, but is suddenly seized with an intangible feeling that steadies her. Composing herself, she stares the Espada down and refuses to believe him. She states that ever since she learned that her friends had come to rescue her, she could feel her heart resonating with theirs. Even now, she could still sense them all beating. Ulquiorra, unimpressed by the sentiment, mockingly questions what a “heart” is. He wonders aloud if he’d find Orihime’s heart by tearing open her chest or cracking open her skull.

Ulquiorra lets his question linger. After a beat, he adds that Lord Aizen has asked for her and that she may visit his chambers unaccompanied. He says that Aizen had granted her permission to roam Las Noches without an escort. The Espada casts his cold eyes at her, advising that she not keep Lord Aizen waiting, and makes his leave. Orihime is left rattled, her conviction cracked by Ulquiorra’s taunt.

• Las Noches - Szayelaparro’s Laboratory
Renji, Yumichika, and their unwanted Arrancar buddies stumble upon Szayelapparo Granz’s laboratory. Szayel, after introducing himself, notes that he doesn’t like close combat and that he will let his favorite test subjects fight in his stead. He unleashes the reanimated cadavers of the Privaron Espada Dordroni Alessandro Del Socaccio, Cirucci Sanderwicci, and the recently-departed Luppi Antenor.

• Las Noches - Continued
An unaccompanied Orihime enters Aizen’s quarters. He looks battered and drained once again, beckoning her to come and reject his wounds. As Orihime heals Aizen, she gingerly asks if what Ulquiorra said is true: that Ichigo and Rukia are dead. Aizen responds that it certainly appears so, but counters by asking if she has faith in her friends. Orihime nods yes, eliciting a smile from Aizen — who caresses her hair in an uncomfortably flirtatious manner, telling her that she possesses an exceptionally pure soul and a radiant heart. The Hollow Lord then recounts the Espadas’ aspects of death to Orihime, noting that each comes from how they lost their hearts when they were Pluses. He leans close to her, as if sharing a secret, and states that the Arrancar are “pathetic” creatures. His wounds now healed, he bids her to return to her quarters -- or to roam the fortress if she so wishes. After Orihime leaves, Gin Ichimaru reveals himself from the shadows, cheekily telling Aizen that his behavior towards the girl was “creepy.” Aizen, ignoring the observation, strides over to his balcony. Gazing out at the Hueco Mundo desert, he tells Gin that he is now ready, and soon they would need not set foot in this place ever again.

Orihime reaches her chamber entrance and pauses. Frozen in uncertainty, she obsesses over Aizen’s suggestion that she “roam the fortress.” Ichigo and Rukia flit through her mind, and she resolves to save them. She runs through the hallways, unsure of where they lead, until she is ambushed by Loly and Menoly. Grimmjow intervenes, grievously injuring both Arrancars (he does not blow off Menoly’s top half, however). The Espada tells Orihime that he will take her to Ichigo. She insists on healing Loly and Menoly’s injuries first, saving their lives.

Grimmjow takes Orihime to an unconscious Ichigo and Nel Tu. Unlike in the Canon, Ulquiorra Cifer does not appear to prevent Ichigo’s resuscitation. Grimmjow demands his rematch, and Ichigo gives it to him: after setting Orihime and Nel on a pillar, he immediately activates Tensa Zangetsu while Grimmjow grinds Pantera into release. During their battle, Ichigo goes Visored despite the risks of manifesting his mask while in Bankai, Grimmjow’s power proving too formidable. Orihime has already seen Ichigo Hollowfied before, but she is visibly disturbed by his mask -- having a hard time suppressing her fear of him, which chips away at his morale. The memories of her brother and her captivity in Hueco Mundo keeps her from trusting him fully, and it hurts him. Nel gives her impassioned speech that shakes Orihime out of it, prompting her to beg Ichigo not to get hurt -- tacitly expressing her feelings for him. Ichigo rallies and beats Grimmjow.

• Szayelaparro’s Laboratory
Luppi Antenor's reanimated corpse has released Trepadora, his tentacles swinging wildly at Renji and Yumichika. Renji responds with his Bankai, Hihiō Zabimaru. The bamboo snake weaves along Luppi's tentacles until its jaws reach the Arrancar, firing Hikotsu Taihō at point-blank range. The force of the blast wipes out Luppi and the other Privaron Espada while blowing the roof off Szayel's lab, bringing the battle into daylight. Amidst the smoke, Yumichika lunges at Szayel and lands a slash, telling him that he had treated his fallen comrades disgracefully. This only serves to piss the mad scientist off. He activates his Resurreción, Fornicarás, and promptly swallows the two Shinigami with his tendrils.

• The Hueco Mundo Dunes
Ichigo flies back up the pillar to retrieve Orihime, asking her if she’s alright. Orihime is overcome as she sees Ichigo’s gentleness return, feeling like she’s recognizing him for the first time since her abduction. Surprising even herself in the spur of the moment, she reaches out and kisses him, Nel watching with slack-jawed awe. Inoue breaks from Ichigo’s lips and sees that he is in a state of shock, blushing scarlet. Panicking, she apologizes. Ichigo, frozen in bashful terror for a beat, tells her it’s fine, killing the mood before it could even get started. Orihime immediately breaks into her silly demeanor, playing off the kiss as a “thank you” gesture. They settle back at ease with each other and Ichigo brings them back down to the ground, Nel asking him if that’s how all humans thank each other.

Before they can strategize their next move, Grimmjow gets back up to continue fighting. He is sneak-attacked by Nnoitra Gilga, the crescent axe nearly bifurcating his chest. An exhausted Ichigo successfully defends Grimmjow from a killing strike, but Nnoitra begins battering him around while his lackey, Tesra Lindocruz, subdues Orihime.

Things play out similarly to how they did in the Canon: Nnoitra recognizes Nel and outs her as a former Espada. Ichigo continues to fight and makes a last-ditch effort by thrusting Tensa Zangetsu through Nnoitra’s eyepatch. The Espada reveals that Ichigo had only stabbed his Hollow hole and proceeds to beat the everloving shit out of him while Orihime is forced to watch.

- ACT FOUR: WHERE DO OUR HEARTS GO? -

These three climactic battles are juxtaposed together, cross-cutting back and forth.

- Szayelapparo’s Laboratory | Part I
Renji and Yumichika are checkmated by the powered-up Szayel. He has created his voodoo dolls and is systematically crushing their organs, torturing them.

- Aaroniero’s Palace | Part I
Aaroniero’s chamber is coated in cracked ice. Zommari Leroux, the Séptima Espada, stands over the fallen Gillian’s corpse. Noticing that Rukia Kuchiki still breathes, he readies to finish her off.

- The Hueco Mundo Dunes | Part I
Nnoitra breaks Ichigo’s arm while Tesra restrains Orihime. A helpless Nel grows increasingly distraught until she erupts with Reiatsu and transforms back into her true self — Nelliel Tu Odelschwank, the former Tercera Espada. She begins battling Nnoitra, their fight proceeding as it did in Canon: she spits his Cero back at him and proceeds to give Ichigo an enthusiastic hug that nearly breaks his back. Nnoitra emerges from the explosion largely unscathed.

- Aaroniero’s Palace | Part II
As Zommari unsheathes his blade to behead Rukia, he senses four Reiatsu signatures behind him. He turns to see Suí-Fēng, Kenpachi Zaraki with Yachiru Kusajishi perched on his shoulder, and a nervous Ōmaeda standing several paces behind them. Suí-Fēng, with her Suzumebachi drawn, warns Zommari that she will not allow him to execute a lieutenant of the Gotei 13. The Espada introduces himself and tells Suí-Fēng that she is welcome to try and stop him.

- The Hueco Mundo Dunes | Part II
Nel lands a curving laceration along Nnoitra’s chest -- breaking his Hierro for the first time. They continue to battle as we segue into their flashback. The main divergence in their backstory is that Nnoitra poisoned Nelliel with an experimental concoction given to him by Szayelaparro before ambushing her. Afterwards, when an unconscious Nel transformed into an infant in the desert dunes, Szayel explained to a confused Nnoitra that the poison’s effect was to reverse the victim’s age until they no longer “remembered themselves” -- history, personality, and especially their power.

We leave the flashback as Nnoitra reflects on how his taunting seemed to rekindle Nelliel’s knowledge of herself, reversing the toxin’s effects. The Espada is pleased to know that the memory of him was key in helping her reconstitute her adult form. In Nnoitra’s mind, this means that her hatred of him is now a critical part of her identity -- just as hating her had become integral to his long ago.

- Szayelapparo’s Laboratory | Part II
With Renji and Yumichika on the ropes, Dondochokka and Pesche reveal their true identities and fire their combined Cero at Szayel.

- Aaroniero’s Palace | Part III
An impatient Kenpachi watches as Suí-Fēng squares off against Zommari Leroux: a Shunpo master versus the fastest Sonído amongst the Espada. Ōmaeda struggles to perceive their speed as they try to outflank each other, both of them blurs until clashing like lightning strikes.

Kenpachi, bored by the show, tells Yachiru to collect Rukia and take her to safety. The lieutenant enthusiastically hops off his shoulder and dashes towards Rukia’s body -- only to be circumvented by Zommari, his sword raised. Suí-Fēng materializes between them, parrying Zommari’s slash and striking him in the chest with a punch powered by Shunkō. Zommari slides back several yards; Kenpachi lunges from behind him with a sword swing. The captain’s blade cleaves through Zommari and smashes into the tile, only for the Espada’s bifurcated visage to fade like mist. A sword slash rips through Kenpachi’s shoulder as Zommari materializes behind him, revealing that his speed allows him to generate afterimages of himself -- Gemelos Sonído.

Suí-Fēng calls Kenpachi out for interfering in her fight, reminding him to observe etiquette between captains. Unfazed by his wounded shoulder, Kenpachi complains that he’s tired of being a bystander and that the Arrancar made himself fair game when he attacked Yachiru. Zommari interrupts their argument -- asserting that both Shinigami only operated under the pretense of honor until it no longer benefitted them. The Espada concludes that this was to be expected, for Shinigami are inherently underhanded creatures. He multiplies his visage into four clones using Gemelos Sonído, telling Suí-Fēng and Kenpachi that he will fight both of them simultaneously.

- Szayelapparo’s Laboratory | Part III
Szayel cleaves through Dondochakka and Pesche’s combined Cero, revealing that he knew their identities from the get-go and how to counter their ability. The Octava Espada adds that he has grown bored of this battle and will now finish it by trying out his latest invention. A mechanical monstrosity arises from the rubble behind him, aiming an enormous cannon square at Renji and Yumichika. The two Shinigami brace themselves, Yumichika telling Renji that they had fought to their limit, and there was no shame in that. The mecha charges with a mysterious energy and readies to fire, Szayelaparro cackling maniacally — until the machine putters, creaks, and topples over. Szayel, confused, turns and irately exclaims that it should be fully operational. “Oh, it was,” a voice calls out. “Until I made some alterations.” Mayuri Kurotsuchi steps out from the scrap, bedecked in regal attire and wearing the smuggest of all shit-eating grins.

- The Hueco Mundo Dunes | Part III
Nelliel is repeatedly outflanking Nnoitra but making very little progress in bringing him down, his Hierro proving more resilient than she remembered. The Quinta Espada mocks her as he swings Santa Teresa and forces her to dodge, asking if she regrets not finishing him off all those decades ago. Nelliel doesn’t answer, parrying his strike and carving a deep gash along his chest. The Quinta Espada slides back, his breathing labored and eyes seething with hatred. Nelliel admits that she is still acclimating to her body. She swings her Zanpakuto, flicking Nnoitra’s blood onto the sand, and adds that she’s beginning to remember her full strength. Nnoitra, remembering the pang of humiliation she gave him decades before, whips himself into a fury as he releases Santa Teresa. He erupts with Reiatsu and transforms into a sleek powerhouse; his limbs lengthening into spindly claws and two enormous scythes extending from his forearms.

Ichigo calls out for Nelliel to guard herself, but it’s too late. Nnoitra begins his onslaught, Nelliel struggling to defend herself against the arching scythes. Seeing an opening, she weaves between his blades and lands a strike against his chest -- only for her blade to slide ineffectually off his strengthened Hierro. Nnoitra’s claw grips her sword, holding her in place as four pincers comprised of Reiatsu sprout from his back, the upper pair curving down and hooking into Nel’s shoulders. Ichigo and Orhime cry out as Nnoitra lifts Nelliel off the ground. Tickling her chin with the tip of his scythe, Nnoitra is confident that he has finally bested the former Tercera Espada.

- Aaroniero’s Palace | Part IV
Kenpachi swings around haphazardly at Zommari’s blitzing clones, grumbling that he ought to stay still for a moment. The Espada lands a slash across Kenpachi’s chest, the delighted captain responding by snatching his attacker’s arm. All of Zommari’s clones vanish as Kenpachi holds him firmly, thrusting his sword at him. Zommari backflips, willfully twisting his arm out of its socket as he kicks Kenpachi and breaks free from his grip. The Espada lands a safe distance away, his limp arm grotesquely fastening itself back into joint. He commends Zommari for his guile, but concludes that the Shinigami was wholly lacking in elegance or strategy.

Suí-Fēng leaps over Kenpachi with her Shikai released, grinning as she wholeheartedly agrees with Zommari’s assessment. The Espada doesn't assume a guard stance, but cockily splits into four afterimages as Suí-Fēng lunges down. Pivoting, she strikes the true Zommari square in the chest. He stumbles back, confused as to how she identified him. Suí-Fēng points Suzumebachi’s stinger to the icy ground, observing that Zommari’s steps left scratches on the frost and tipped her off to his exact location. She then points her gauntlet at Zommari, stating that his overconfidence had already cost him dearly.

Zommari looks down at his wound and sees a butterfly stamp etched across his chest. Suí-Fēng explains that she has marked him with Nigeki Kessatsu, and that her next strike will seal his fate. The Espada praises Suí-Fēng, calling her a cunning creature that he will enjoy governing. He holds his sword aloft, each finger releasing the hilt until it is left suspended in the air, and he cranes his neck until it contorts into an impossible angle, his eyes dilating. Releasing Afrodita, he is enveloped in a pink mist and reemerges with four arms, his entire torso pocked with bulbous eyes. He is sitting in a meditation posture and hovering off the ground. Nigeki Kessatsu's butterfly stamp remains emblazoned on his chest.

Yachiru, hopping back onto Kenny’s shoulder, remarks that she can’t tell if Zommari has gotten any stronger, but that he sure looks uglier now. Zommari retorts that all of them will soon be subjects of his “love,” two of his many eyes dilating. Amour charms imprint on Yachiru’s chest and Suí-Fēng’s right arm — the limb wielding Suzumebachi. Zommari grins, announcing that both belong to him now. Yachiru, as if being puppeteered by unseen strings, unsheathes her blade and plunges it into Kenpachi’s shoulder. She begs his forgiveness as he instinctively grabs and tosses her away, her sword still lodged in him. Suí-Fēng’s eyes widen as she intuits what this means. Before she can react, her arm involuntarily rears up and stabs Suzumebachi into herself, the butterfly blooming across her chest. She believes she is done for as the arm draws back to strike again, but Kenpachi lunges forward and slashes. Suí-Fēng’s arm falls limp, the tendons severed. Coated in panicked sweat, she thanks Kenpachi, who turns to Zommari and asks how the fuck he did this.

The Espada gives his spiel on the nature of control, revealing his power of Amour. The Shinigami listen with horror as the battle’s reversal of fortune fully dawns on them.

- Szayelapparo’s Laboratory | Part IV
Szayelaparro demands that the interloper identify himself. Mayuri Kurotsuchi introduces himself while Nemu, who has been physically scarred since we last saw her, passively stands by his side. He reveals that they had reached Las Noches days ago after his Garganta deposited them onto a small island encircled by a lake of acid. Yumichika wonders aloud how they escaped from such a tight spot, to which an incredulous Mayuri reveals that Nemu had used her own body as a raft for him to stand upon and wade to land, of course. With great pride, the captain explains how he used his Nisehada — a cloaking camouflage — to infiltrate Szayel’s lab and observe his experiments over the last several days; even helping himself to some of the Espada’s tech for some new body modifications.

Renji, spitting out blood, asks Mayuri why he didn’t interject in the fight sooner. The captain replies that he knew that Szayel would wait to use his new mech as the coup de grâce, and that he wanted to see the Espada’s face after his new toy broke.

Szayel, having had enough of this shit, engages Mayuri in a battle of mad science. It plays out as it did in the Canon: Kurotsuchi repeatedly counters Szayelaparro’s maneuvers until the Espada respawns himself from Nemu’s body. The time-dilation toxin kicks in and Mayuri digs his sword into Szayel’s heart; capping off the battle with that badass speech about the futility of “perfection.” He cracks open Szayel’s laboratory, stepping over the charred remains of the Privaron Espada and chiding Renji for not leaving the cadavers intact for him to experiment on. The captain tells Renji and Yumichika that they may go; he and Nemu will stay and rummage through the slain Espada’s goodies.

- The Hueco Mundo Dunes | Part IV
Nnoitra toys with Nelliel, pressing his scythe to her forehead while wriggling his pincers deeper into her shoulders, eliciting a scream. Orihime and Ichigo watch in horror, Tesra restraining both of them — until a grievously wounded Grimmjow appears behind him. Before Tesra can even turn his gaze, Grimmjow grabs him by the upper jaw and rips off the top half of the Arrancar’s head. The Sexta Espada collapses back down to the ground with a wheeze, his strength now totally spent. Ichigo, who can barely stand with his broken limbs, asks Inoue how fast it would take for her to heal him. Orihime doesn’t answer, stepping towards Nnoitra and Nel with her arm outstretched, as if in a trance.

Nnoitra, having satisfied his desire to torture Nelliel, draws his scythes back, readying for a beheading swipe. Bidding her goodbye, he lunges his blades forward, only for them to bounce off from Nel’s head, as if deflected by air. Nnoitra is confused, and then he sees it -- a wall comprised of light has materialized between him and his prey, the unfurling shield severing his Reiatsu pincers. Nel falls onto the sand, blood spurting from her puncture wounds. Nnoitra roars obscenities and blitzes the obstruction with his scythes -- growing increasingly agitated as it repels every slash. He turns his eyes and sees Orihime only yards away from them, arms outstretched. She has conjured a strengthened Santen Kesshun, wielding it with more dexterity than we’ve seen before.

Nnoitra curses her out as a “witch,” then turns to strike at the shield once more. Tsubaki glows at the center of the triangle as Nnoitra’s blade connects -- absorbing the force of his blow and redirecting the energy back at him -- a new technique called Shiten Koshen. The Espada is thrown back as the shield radiates with light and then dissipates. Rising to his feet, Nnoitra is bristling with rage at the thought that this woman has gotten the better of him. He re-sprouts his Reiatsu pincers and dashes towards Orihime. An authoritative “Stop!” calls out from behind him, halting his charge. He turns to see Nelliel back on her feet, holding her blade horizontally. "Praise, Gamuza."

Nnoitra’s brow twitches as the smoke clears, Nel’s wounds patched by her Resurrección’s armor, her legs elongated and fur-clad like the lower half of a Satyr. She extends her lance towards him, beckoning him to remember who his opponent is. The two Espadas charge at each other, their clash sending a volcanic plume of sand up towards the sky.

- Aaroniero’s Palace | Part V
Kenpachi slashes at his own leg and falls forward, planting his Zanpakuto into the ground to steady himself. His body is stamped with Amour and largely immobile after he severed his own tendons to escape the charm's control. Zommari wryly observes that the captain has a taste for masochism.

Suí-Fēng stands in a defensive posture behind Zommari, bracing herself to dodge with Shunpo at any moment. Ōmaeda is forcibly contorted in a ridiculous posture, panicking as his Amour-tagged arms and legs bend unnaturally, threatening to snap. Yachiru lies on the floor, tears in her eyes as she sees her sword still lodged in her captain's shoulder. She apologizes to Kenny for stabbing him. Kenpachi tells her not to worry about it, assuring her that he knows she'd never attack him willingly. He promises her that he'll make the Arrancar pay for forcing her.

Zommari interjects, wondering aloud how Kenpachi will go about his vengeance if he can can no longer move. With a curl of his fingers, he returns Ōmaeda back to a normal posture and beckons the lieutenant to draw his sword -- requesting that he thrust it into Kenpachi’s back. Suí-Fēng roars in protest and sprints in a serpentine dash of Shunpo. She is within a yard of Zommari when an Amour charm imprints on her chest, freezing her on the spot. Pleased, Zommari turns his head until it twists by 180 degrees, his face grinning at a horrified Suí-Fēng. The Espada boasts that it is futile to attack from any direction, because his eyes see all.

Suí-Fēng is startled as a Heilig Pfeil fires from behind, whizzing an inch past her head and landing square into one of Zommari’s dilated eyes. The Espada grimaces as the arrow punctures and bursts his optical orb. The Amour charm on Suí-Fēng’s chest fades; she nearly topples over from the discombobulation of regaining control over her body. Zommari trains his eyes on the shadows, calling on the mystery archer to show themself.

Uryu Ishida emerges from the darkness, his bow drawn. He had hypothesized that Zommari’s eyes had to be fixed on their target for him to maintain his dominion over it. Noting that Suí-Fēng had regained control over her body, he concludes that Zommari’s control was severed when he lost the specific eye that had imprinted her with Amour.

The Séptima Espada congratulates Uryu on his perceptiveness and asks who he is. Uryu states his name and that he is a Quincy. Zommari’s primary eyes narrow with disgust, his levitating body twisting around to rejoin his head in facing Uryu as he states that Quincy are even more loathsome than Shinigami. The Espada's eyes dilate and fire a blitz of Amour. Suí-Fēng attempts to dodge with Shunpo, but is struck with a flurry of charms. Uryu stands still, passively receiving a dozen Amour stamps imprinted onto his body. Zommari promises to give the Quincy a most exquisite death, roving his fingers, ordering his body to contort itself until it snaps apart.

Uryu does not budge. Flabbergasted, Zommari focuses all of his control to get the Quincy’s limbs to move. Uryu tells him not to bother, reaching back to touch the nape of his neck. He shows his hand to Zommari -- his fingers stained with fresh blood. The Espada's eyes widen as Uryu explains how he had severed his own spinal column with surgical precision. As of now, his entire body is paralyzed.

Zommari, incredulous, asks Uryu how he could still possibly be standing. The Quincy answers by emitting a blue glow, strings of Reishi materializing around him. He is utilizing Ransōtengai -- piloting his body through his own Reiryoku. Zommari, furious, directs Suí-Fēng to attack him with Hakuda. Uryu throws a Gintō, the capsule unfurling into a Gritz that ensnares her body.

Zommari's upper arms whirl, summoning Yachiru and Ōmaeda to their feet, angrily directing them to attack. Uryu raises his fist to reveal a trigger -- stating that he had been observing Zommari’s fight with the captains and had already devised a plan to kill him. He flicks the trigger -- Reishi flares that he had lined around the entire chamber firing all at once. Zommari winces as all of his eyes are blinded by the brilliant light flashing from all directions. Uryu dashes around Zommari with his Hirenkyaku, firing Heilig Pfeil with pinpoint accuracy at each of the Espada's globular eyes, bursting them. When the flares subside, Zommari struggles to see with his two primary peepers -- all he can make out is the light emitting from Uryu’s drawn Seele Schneider. Uryu has enclosed each of the Shinigami in a Gritz, reasonably shielding them from what is about to occur. He explains that he had planted five Seele Schneiders along with his flares, setting up a Sprenger. He thrusts his sword down to the ground, activating his trap. A pentagon of Reishi spreads across the chamber and converges on Zommari, erupting into a blast that blows the roof off of Aaroniero's palace.

As the dust settles, Zommari stumbles out from a smoldering crater, his body bloodied and charred. He has sustained too much damage to readily sprout new eyes. Lids form around his body, struggling to pry open -- it will take time for them to bud. He sees Suí-Fēng climb out of her protective Gritz, largely unscathed. Suddenly, he feels a heat against his neck, turning his gaze to see Uryu holding the Seele Schneider to his throat. Zommari, knowing he is beaten, looks upon the Quincy with contempt. He states that Uryu has no right to purge him from existence -- to remove him from the cycle of reincarnation as if he were vermin. Having said his piece, Zommari tells the Quincy to finish him and be done with it.

Uryu looks to Suí-Fēng and lowers his sword, telling Zommari that he will not kill him. But she will.

Suí-Fēng flash steps before Zommari. Her left arm cradling Suzumebachi, she stabs its stinger into the butterfly stamp emblazoned on Zommari's chest, fulfilling Nigeki Kessatsu. Leroux looks down in shock as his wound bursts into a black flame. Understanding that he has been spared non-existence and will instead be purified, his eyes soften into a weary resignation. He cranes his head back to gaze up at the Hueco Mundo sky one last time as the flames swiftly engulf him. The Séptima Espada crumbles into ash, his remains scattering into the wind.

- The Hueco Mundo Dunes | Part V
Nelliel and Nnoitra are locked in a vicious battle, both landing lacerating strikes on each other. Nel blitzes around him with amazing speed, all while matching his physical might as she wields her lance. The Quinta Espada’s frustration mounts as it becomes clear that he has not bridged the gap between him and Nel after all these years. His pincers and scythes flash in a coordinated strike. To his shock, Nelliel deflects all of the blades, shattering them, and plunges her lance deep into his gut. Nnoitra falls to his knees, defeated. Nel retracts her weapon and stands imperiously over the bloodied Espada, her face mournful. Nnoitra, hatred in his eyes, tells her to finish it. A long beat follows, a gust of wind sweeping between the both of them.

Nel, head bowed, admits that she did regret sparing Nnoitra all those years ago, but not because he was a threat. It was because she knew all along that he desperately wanted to die.

Nnoitra tenses, taken aback by her words. Nel continues: she knew that Nnoitra wanted to provoke her into killing him so he could escape from Hueco Mundo and his existence as a Hollow. Nelliel confesses that it was not camaraderie, honor, or even mercy that kept her from killing him; it was because she found him unbearably pitiful, and she savored the sadness he provoked in her. His endless despair satiated her aspect of death: Lamentation. She never granted him the kindness of escape because she selfishly wanted to continue reveling in his sorrow. That was her regret. Closing her eyes, she turns her back on Nnoitra, stating that he could either try to find peace with himself or perish. The choice was his.

Nelliel strides away to rejoin Orihime and Ichigo. Nnoitra watches her, his despair curdling into all-consuming resentment. Struggling back to his feet, he roars that their duel is not over and lunges after her. In one fluid motion, Nel whirls back around and throws her Lanzador Verde. The Reiatsu-burning lance spins through the air and spears right through Nnoitra’s chest, drilling until it explodes out from his back and lands in the sand. Nnoitra falls to his knees once more, his glazed eyes staring into Nelliel’s as he collapses, dead.

Orihime breathes a sigh of relief, then hears Ichigo cry out to her: Grimmjow is dying. The Sexta Espada is rasping, blood from the wound Nnoitra inflicted on him turning the sand surrounding him red. Ichigo, panicked, asks Orihime to come and heal Grimmjow. The Espada casts a suspicious eye toward Ichigo, incredulous that he would want to heal him — insisting that he will attack him again once he is healed. Ichigo, with a smile, tells Grimmjow that Nnoitra would have killed them all if he had not intervened, and that they at least owe him his life. Orihime runs towards them — only for Coyote Starrk to materialize before her. He apologizes for the interruption, placing his hand on Orihime’s shoulder, adding that he needs to “borrow her for a while.” He whisks her away with Sonído before Nelliel can reach them.

Ichigo cries out for Orihime, panicking as he looks down to Grimmjow, not knowing what to do. The Espada has a weary expression, mysteriously remarking that it “must be time.” Ichigo, hysterical, tells Nel that they must get Grimmjow to a healer. His rambling is interrupted when the Sexta Espada grips him firmly by the arm, yanks him close, and asks that he make a promise to him: that he get stronger. Ichigo listens wide-eyed as Grimmjow implores him to get stronger -- or else he won’t stand a chance the next time. His fangs curled into a smile, he boasts that he will return as a mighty Vasto Lorde and conquer all of Hueco Mundo, eating as many Hollows as he can find until he has had his fill. Then, when all other Arrancar are finally beneath him, he will come find Ichigo Kurosaki and fight him once again. He warns Ichigo that he must become stronger, or else he will be crushed without mercy. Ichigo, emotional, clasps his hand over Grimmjow’s, promising to be ready for their rematch. Grimmjow, the Sexta Espada, closes his eyes and rests back on the sand, drawing his last breath.

I hope this makes for an exciting read. Next up is the White Invasion (whoo, boy!) -- which might take a while to put the finishing touches on. Stay tuned!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 2.19.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 2.19.26 AM.png
    150 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reaction score
Give Tatsuki powers. Have her join the group.
Saido (The Omnitsukido guy) reporting to the silhouette of the Gotei 13. Insert Byakuya and Renji
Chad, Inoue and Tatsuki fighting Renji.
Uryu and Ichigo tag team Byakuya. Both teams fatally wounded.
Kisuke helps Ichigo's team and Yoruichi Chad's team.
Rukia leaves with Byakuya and Renji.
Yoruichi trains Chad and Co. While Ichigo is with Urahara. Uryu has an interaction with someone after his training. It is Shinji their other classmate.
As Ichigo's team leave for SS, Shinji watches on.. Hiyori will be also introduced.

Soul Society
After they entered Seireitei, same stories go. The fighting stays with the addition of Tatsuki. After Ichigo fight Ikkaku, they find Hanatoro and they got lost. Hanataro will guide them.
The fight with Jidanbo will happen and Orihime will be introduced with her upgraded powers.
Uryu fights Hitsugaya, Orihime and Tatsuki fights the lieutenants, Chad fight Sui Feng first.
Uryu questions SS justice system which makes Hitsugaya question the verdict. Chad also questions Sui Feng but she almost kills Chad but Kyoraku interferes. Kyoraku lets Chad escape but challenges him to a duel whenever they meet again.
Tatsuki manages to defeat Omaeda, and Iba. She starts fighting Kira but was interrupted by the discovery of a dead Aizen. Tatsuki and Orihime escapes and hides. Kira confronts Hinamori and protects Gin. Retsu will suspect something is wrong about Aizen's corpse. She talks with Tousen and Komamura about it
Sui Feng receives Intel from Saido that the Ryoka gained help from the Shihoin and Shiba clans. She talks with Mayuri to deal with the other pests while she deals with the Shiba. She easily outplayed Ganju and had him imprisoned.
Chad meets Kyoraku again and they fight. Kyoraku defeats Chad but he is now convinced that Rukia is innocent and talks with Unohana but she is reluctant to join them. Then we will get to see her scar.
Ichigo fights Zaraki like what happened to the anime.
Hitsugaya confronts Gin. Momo confronts Kira while Rangiku interferes.
Tatsuki was confronted by Isane. She outmaneuvered Isane but was later completely overpowered by Unohana
Uryu fights Mayuri and was injured.
Then same flow of the scenes. All the fights.
Then I will gonna write what they did after Aizen left SS like what was written in the Honey Dish Rhapsody. I will introduce Iba, Isane, Kotetsu, Izuru more.

I have more of this. Please bear with I have writers block. Thank you

Last edited: