• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

What TV Shows Are You Watching Now?

BlackSoul

Gentleman Spy
Reaction score
I finally started watching Downton Abbey - my goodness is it british!
and naturally I love it. but I only just started so I can't really say how it'll develop.

and naturally today the new sherlock airs but it'll only be available tomorrow - can't wait!

Belias

The Gigas
Reaction score
I recently watched all of The OA on Netfilx, 8 episodes, over 2 days. It was not what I was expecting at all, going in I had only seen 1 trailer for it, but it was great. I loved every episode and each one had me sucked in, if I had started it earlier in the day, I probably would have watched the whole thing in one day. I've been seeing a lot of comparisons of it to Stranger Things and I agree there are some similar concepts, but there is some very key differences that made The OA better then Stranger Things, for me at least.

Stranger Things focuses on characters with very safe problems, where as the much more diverse characters in The OA seem more real, with actual problems that they have to deal with. The OA is a much more original and engaging story, where as Stranger Things heavily relies on the "member berries" concept for you to connect with a lot of the episodes. In the end I liked both very much, but with the end of each episode of The OA, I couldn't wait to jump right into the next, which I did not have with Stranger Things.

Some quick spoilers:
The build up to the ending was perfectly done, along with the nonlinier story telling and while the last episode was not what I expected at all, I think it fits the series perfected. Though, I could see how some people would find it disappointing. I had a feeling that with the NDE concept at the center of the show, that at the end The OA would die and while it's not completely clear, I don't believe that is the case. I believe she made it to where Homer is and that it was all real. It would be a nice setup for season 2, where the rest of the main characters now have to try and find The OA and/or make it to where she is.

I'd give The OA a very good 9/10. A near must watch for everyone. If you don't like series heavy in philosophical concepts with science fiction elements, you probably won't enjoy it as much.

Reaction score
The Walking Dead.

I'm around half way into Season 6 and so far it's a great series IMO. Season 6 is one of my favorite Seasons so far. The stuff with Glenn is emotional. I'm so happy that he returned. The war against the zombies in Alexandria is insane. Arguably the best episode of the series so far. :p

Reaction score
We're watching The 100. It's a good series so far IMO. The acting could be better but we're still in the first several episodes of the series. It has interesting storylines so far, though. :p

Belias

The Gigas
Reaction score
Recently watched all of season 3 of Black Mirror on Netflix. Really enjoyed the season overall, there were lots of great episodes. I still think that season 1 was better overall, but with only 3 episodes, that's going to be difficult to top.

My favorite episodes of the season where Nosedive, Shut Up And Dance and Hated In The Nation. These were all well written, acted and I genuinely had no idea where the plot was going to end up. The episode Playtest was also well done, but not as enjoyable and also kind of predictable.

On the other side, the episodes Men Against Fire and San Junipero were a little disappointing for me. They were well made and acted, but the story in each of them fell flat and was very predictable. I guess I enjoy scifi more when I can't see where it's headed.

Overall like I said, I really enjoyed this season and would give it a must watch if you enjoyed the first 2 seasons. I'd give it a solid 8/10. The quality of the season is much higher then the first 2 now that the series is on Netflix and I look forward to future seasons.

Reaction score
Just completed the first season of The Magician on Netflix. Not bad. Like a rated R Harry Potter. Also just binge watched One Day at a Time on Netflix. I never saw the original series, so i don't know how it compares, but it is a fun and modern take on the sitcom about a Cuban-American family (Score one for us!) and the daily life of the family in L.A. Not bad and somewhat comical depending on what you like. Now i am starting Emerald City. Been seeing good reviews on the show.

- - - Updated - - -

I recently watched all of The OA on Netfilx, 8 episodes, over 2 days. It was not what I was expecting at all, going in I had only seen 1 trailer for it, but it was great. I loved every episode and each one had me sucked in, if I had started it earlier in the day, I probably would have watched the whole thing in one day. I've been seeing a lot of comparisons of it to Stranger Things and I agree there are some similar concepts, but there is some very key differences that made The OA better then Stranger Things, for me at least.

Stranger Things focuses on characters with very safe problems, where as the much more diverse characters in The OA seem more real, with actual problems that they have to deal with. The OA is a much more original and engaging story, where as Stranger Things heavily relies on the "member berries" concept for you to connect with a lot of the episodes. In the end I liked both very much, but with the end of each episode of The OA, I couldn't wait to jump right into the next, which I did not have with Stranger Things.

Some quick spoilers:
The build up to the ending was perfectly done, along with the nonlinier story telling and while the last episode was not what I expected at all, I think it fits the series perfected. Though, I could see how some people would find it disappointing. I had a feeling that with the NDE concept at the center of the show, that at the end The OA would die and while it's not completely clear, I don't believe that is the case. I believe she made it to where Homer is and that it was all real. It would be a nice setup for season 2, where the rest of the main characters now have to try and find The OA and/or make it to where she is.

I'd give The OA a very good 9/10. A near must watch for everyone. If you don't like series heavy in philosophical concepts with science fiction elements, you probably won't enjoy it as much.

I saw the OA as well. It certainly was much different than anything i had expected, but now i am confounded by the ending of the season. I hope they picked it up for another season, because there is ALOT of story left to tell.

Reaction score
Supernatural. It seems like a somewhat less good version of Angel with the main characters being Supernatural Hunters like the main protagonists in Angel but without as many super powers. It's a good TV Show so far though. :p

Reaction score
There's talk on YT ( You Tube) about the new promo for Syfy's Krypton this year. I have no idea when it will debut...but it seems interesting. You will have to search YT with Krypton, because I think they took down the original preview; and see it posted by YT reviewers.

Reaction score
It was two weeks ago that Fargo's 2nd season ended here, so now I'm just watching:
~ Elementary,
~ Hell on Wheels,
~ one domestic series.

And, since Night Manager starts tomorrow, I'll watch that one too.

Reaction score
Well haven't watched any lately, but since the Xfikes is set to return I will be