• On Saturday, 18th December 2021, the 20th anniversary Bleach exhibition opened. It will last until 16th January 2022. On the Bleach Jump Festa Stage, a preview/teaser for the TYBW anime arc has been unveiled. The anime comes back in October 2022. Make sure to follow the threads for more information and discussions.

What TV Shows Are You Watching Now?

Reaction score
What is it about? On what episode are you on? Is the series any good? Would you recommend your friends to watch it?

✂ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

downton-abbey.jpg

Been watching Downton Abbey for the last couple of days. I'm about to start on season 2 later. I first decided watching it after finding out the actress who played Prof Mcgonagall, Maggie Smith, was in it. It's a period drama and all that it seems to be about is the lives of the rich British and their servants, but it has got me hooked.

cindytea

~Pitou's Bebe~
Reaction score
Nice thread! The only television shows I watch currently are Mexican soap operas (telenovelas). I'm guilty of liking these since I'm usually not into the whole 'romance' themed shows :XD

The one I absolutely love at the moment is called 'Que Bonito Amor' (What a Beautiful Love) The title especially in English sounds cheesy but it has such a compelling storyline and right now it's on episode 122. I believe it's only 160 or so episodes long so it's basically a quarter of a way done.

It's about a humble girl named Maria (Danna Garcia) who works at a 'Mariachi' bar as the bar's main singer of Mexican mariachi music. The male protagonist, Santos (Jorge Salinas) is an extremely wealthy guy who owns a car dealership in the U.S. but unjustly gets accused of stealing money or embezzlement or something of the like lol He flees the country and goes to Mexico where he takes on another identity and coincidentally gets a job at the same bar Maria works at. Obviously they fall in love at first sight and have to avoid many bumps in the road caused by the bad guys Santos confronts in Mexico alongside the ones that betrayed and framed him in the first place. It sounds like a typical love story but it is really good.

It is also regarded as a musical since a lot of the characters who work at the bar sing throughout various times, and sometimes incorporate their individual experiences into the songs they sing. It also contains drama and suspense, especially for the times Santos almost gets caught by the police throughout the series. lol

I would recommend it to people who are into romance-suspense-drama-themed shows ;) Sorry for babbling but I really love this show despite not being a huge lover of soap operas :XD

Starky

GreenOokami
Reaction score
Currently, just Breaking Bad. But only because I'm waiting for The Walking Dead, Hawaii-Five-0, Game of Thrones and Love/Hate to start :)

Reaction score
I'm watching a game of thrones, True Blood (I like the character Eric Northman), The Big Bang Theory and Fringe.

Polgarena

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm currently watching CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami reruns if I catch them, The Big Bang Theory and from time to time I catch an episode of some Indian soap opera :)crazy)...

Reaction score
I'm watching Breaking Bad. I did kind of make the mistake of skipping the fourth season all together because I wanted to watch the last episodes as they air. Also watching Dexter, but I've missed the last five episodes. >.< Only other show I watch actively is The Walking Dead, but that won't be back until October :cry

BlackSoul

Gentleman Spy
Reaction score
right now I'm obviously watching The Mentalist.
interesting main character.

Lady Rukia

Lady of Snow
Reaction score
Higher Ground (2000)

Main Cast:

Joe Lando: Peter (headmaster)
Anne Marie Loder: Sophie Backer (teacher)
Hayden Christensen: Scott Barringer (student)
AJCook: Sheloby (student)

Synopsis:

Located high in the mountains of the Northwestern United States and 25 miles from the nearest town, Mount Horizon High School is a sanctuary for troubled teens where they learn to overcome their fears and face their inner demons. The series focuses on one group of teens, the Cliffhangers, who battle their struggles with the aid of Peter Scarbrow (Joe Lando), a long-recovering drug-addict and former Wall Street mogul, and other school counselors. Setting the kids through their paces, not only giving them a normal high school education, but also a rigorous schedule of outdoor activities - mountain climbing, biking, rafting, etc. - gives the students the confidence to face their struggles with addiction, abuse, or disorders. While navigating perilous action sequences, friendships, and romantic entanglements, the students (and some teachers) find Mnt. Horizon's world much safer than their turbulent home lives have been.

Students tackle issues like drugs, sexual and verbal abuse, self-mutilation, eating disorders, gang violence, neglect, and suicide attempts.

My review:

It's a very interesting show. I have watched it for Hayden Christensen and because of the themes which are used here. I realized I watched it when I was 11 and I recognize several episodes.

The first episodes are focused on introducing characters and the different the difficulties of Peter. Yet it becomes deeper and darker thorough the only one season and I can tell you they are very intense moments.

I loved it because it tells the story of different lost teens who suffer because of their backgrounds. They have to learn how to live again thanks to the high school.

Teachers help them to build themselves again. And you realize the teachers themselves have issues to face. They are many parallelisms between the adults and the teens.

Especially between Scott and Peter. They are the same yet they suffer from different trauma and they have to face it alone and thanks to friends.

Okay, due to their backgrounds, fights start yet they are controlled thanks to the adults, the other students. And then they talk about it. Besides, they get special detentions.

You are quickly attached to the different characters and some of them in particular. You recognize yourself in some of them and it's really special. You know you can fall yet they are people to help you all the time.

The romances are here to soften the whole show otherwise, it's dark. Yet it's deep and you have only one wish for all of them: to gain confidence and trust in other people.

All in all, it's an excellent TV show I suggest you to watch. It's focused on romances, on problems and friends. It's very interesting. Everyone can watch it.

Reaction score
I am currently watch Luther on BBC America.