• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

TYBW: EPISODE 2: FOUNDATION STONES

Reaction score
I just finished watching it. It was a calm episode before the storm. The opening and ending songs are good, but I am not too much fond about it. It would have been much better if they created moving visuals instead of stills in the ending song. The opening song visuals with pink coloured tone felt off and a bit wonky on few occasions. But overall okay. I don't really care too much of openings and endings because I consider these filler elements.

I am grateful they included both Zangetsus in opening song visuals. Especially how they drew OMZ parallels to Yhwach in that. Overall, the visuals in the opening song felt like everyone has died and are present in a real dreamy afterlife of some sort unlike ancient Japanese Soul Society. That's what I can appreciate the aura of it.

The nice addition was a little more detail about how Yhwach captured Harribel. Tres Bestias fight felt too fast. They were introduced in one moment and gone in the other, so their introduction felt too rushed. I think they should have given the same amount of time as Ichigo and company in the first episode. I think some of the dialogues could have been cut (excluding Yhwach's interaction with Luders and Ebern) in the first part of the episode to give them more battle time.

Yhwach's interaction with Ludas and Ebern was scary. The side profile shots of Yhwach during the interaction were petrifying. His voice actor did a great job in narrating the interaction.

I liked how the funeral of Sasakibe took place. The drums and the environment related to it felt memorable. My favourte visual besides Yhwach suspending himself in the air over HM was this:
cD6s3qO.png
zsa4ToY.png

Quilge's voice actor is amazing. I am really loving his performance so far. Nell's voice also felt evergreen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A lot of action, a lot of characters - it felt somewhat like sitting in a roller coaster! I enjoyed it a lot.

Now that we reached the second episode we also got a start and ending tune. I also liked the graphics very much.

There is certainly no censorship around when it comes to violence. This is a story about war and this is appropriate. Right from the beginning we learn how ruthless Yhwach is and how powerful these Quincies are. It is obvious from the start that these Quincies have abilities and powers not shown before in Bleach.

The blood, the gore, the pain and suffering these Quincies leave behind, it was having a strong impact on me in the manga but it is stronger now.

Uryuu kept looking at his Quincy medallion, lost in thought, at times showing emotional pain. It was shown more than once. I am hoping that his motivation when it comes to his future actions will be explored more than it was in the manga. I am glad that this scene in which Orihime stated that Uryuu and Ichigo became such good friends was part of it. It is an important foundation stone of that character arc in this story.

Another foundation stone of the story is the death of Sasakibe. It was mentioned how close Yamamoto and him were. Already when I read that chapter for the first time, I noticed that Yhwach is not only ruthless, he is also a very efficient tactician.

And he is a sadist. Opie, the head of the Jagdarmee (hunting army) showed that he is no better than his master. These Quincies conquered Hueco Mundo more or less for the fun of it. Nel and her two friends, Halibel, the tres Bestias and others - I felt for them. We met Hollow monsters in the first episode. These are not monsters but likeable people who were brutalized, who fight for their survival.

I loved the arrival of Urahara. He is strong, wise and fun. And provides important guidance to young Ichigo and his friends.

I am looking forward to the next episode.

Reaction score
The scene with Chojuro’s funeral was heavy, but also very quiet. We didn’t get that eulogy that revealed Chojuro’s past, which was a bit disappointing. On the flip side, we saw how Harribel got captured, unlike in the manga. Man, even Aizen didn’t do that much to her. I wonder if we will actually see her rescued in the anime?

So far, I’m definitely intrigued by how different the anime is compared to the manga. I hope this continues all the way to the end.

Reaction score
Did you all notice that Nel’s hair color is closer to how it is in the manga than in the original anime?

Also I’m surprised that they showed such graphic action scenes that weren’t censored! I feel like some of the scenes would’ve been censored in the original anime.

Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a personal project to remove the pink colour from BLEACH opening song visuals and adding another colour instead. I may also remove the opening song and would add the ending song Saihate in place of it because both have a same time of 1:30. Obviously if I would upload on youtube after finishing the project, it would be a copyright video removal, so I was wondering what the alternative platform would be or else I would just simply keep it to myself for personal use.

Reaction score
I did it! :D Changed the colour and added the ending song. (I am keeping the videos private because of copyright)

I made two versions. There is just a slight difference between the twos. The second one includes more natural and extra vanilla white instead of official white. Those who were put off by pink like me, enjoy!

Edit: I have a hunch we might see different colours for the opening theme in future. Perhaps 13 colours for 13 episodes. Or a second colour after 6.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did it! :D Changed the colour and added the ending song. (I am keeping the videos private because of copyright)

I made two versions. There is just a slight difference between the twos. The second one includes more natural and extra vanilla white instead of official white. Those who didn't like pink like me, enjoy!

Ty!!! I loved the pink lol but thought a better visual would be red- since it’s the TYBW! But I love the turquoise as well

Reaction score
My laptop is unable to open the files but thank you, The Outlier!

If I remember this right, Bleach in Shonen Jump is intended for 12-year-old boys and older. Disney + gives Bleach a rating of 16 plus. That is quite a difference.

Looking at what else is around for viewers who are 16 plus, this level of violence is not inappropriate. I am glad that Bleach is now made for a more adult audience.

Reaction score
Bleach TYBW is a more mature arc. Kubo only wanted his final arc to be animated uncensored. I believe he was somewhat limited with gore in the manga. It almost as if Thousand year blood war was suppose to be a Seinen rather than Shonen. So far the Anime seems to be a bit more violence than the manga. They are taking advantage of that 12am timeslot. Great to see.

As for the epiaode. Im glad they kept Chojiro funeral. I believe will get Byakuya dialogue or perhaps in the flashback instead.