• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

TYBW EPISODE 14: The Last Nine Days

Reaction score
@ Slushice

Thank you for this very important posting. I find these "jokes" offensive but for making your point, I leave them in BA. But this is enough. Any more of this kind will be deleted.

I am pointing out one of the main rules in BA. If this happens, it will result in an immediate ban.

1. Discrimination and hate speech: Bleach Asylum will not tolerate any content which attacks others because of race, nationality, gender, sexual preference, or religious beliefs. (An example of hate speech is "All [members of group X] should just die," or "I've never met an intelligent [member of group Y].")

Bleach Asylum does not tolerate attacks, snide remarks or so-called jokes against LGBT+ people. This is part of the above rule.

Me personally, I consider social media to be a very toxic environment. It feels like the Wild West to me. I am very much for freedom of speech but within limits. This main rule is one of those. One of the rules we have is to post with courtesy and respect. BA is not the Wild West.

It is ok to talk about transgender issues in connection with the character in question. But when you do, think carefully before posting.

Reaction score
A great opener! I can't wait to see the new stuff added to this section as this part and the following 2 cour's definitely need expansion. Well said @B. Haddrell

Nakura

Sweet Nothings
Reaction score
Enjoyed the first episode of the 2nd cour. Not much to say on the story(as I've read the manga of course), but it continues to be a solid adaptation of the final arc. I have my fingers crossed of more Uryu content to come. The manga seriously lacked it.

Really liked both OP/ED. Actually like the OP more than the 1st. Very stylish as is traditional of Bleach.

Reaction score

I want to talk about this tweet addressing Ichibei's palace area. I understand that the idea of pixel scaling would totally depend upon raster quality of the source frame and is not an ideal or perfect way to determine vastness because of perspective but it does give an estimation of comparative vastness to some extent. The first calculation is one based on Ichigo's height as a reference which is 181cm.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you everyone who joined the discussion about the new season/cour of the TYBW anime arc! :loyal Hopefully this time around I can actually write down and post my reviews before the season ends. :uhm

Anyway, here are my thoughts (pardon my spelling and grammar mistakes as it's been a while since I wrote this much text in English):

~ I'm not sure what chapters does this episode actually cover, but the new season has a rather strong beginning, showing the origin of Yhwach/Yuhabach. And it ended up being more eerie than in the manga, so kudos to the anime for making it happen that way. It's very atmospheric and it did scare me a bit even though I already knew about it. There's also the fact that they made it so that Yhwach connects to the palms of his subordinates (it's a deliberate stylistic choice that will reflect off of future events).

~ The new opening is amazing. Allegoric even if I may describe it that way. It flows really nicely until the moment Ichigo and Uryuu grab their instruments of choice during the climactic moment. It's not so obvious with Uryuu (he's portrayed as a rare case of a left-handed violinist here and if I'm not mistaken, he's an atypical archer from the "Kyudo" (art of archery) traditions since he holds the bow with his right hand), but it's so obvious with Ichigo to the point where it breaks the suspension of disbelief by how hilariously clumsy his grip on that double guitar is. :XD

~ I like how the main colour for the first TYBW opening was magenta and the new one is closer to cyan.

~ The Royal Palace cities look even more massive than they did in the manga.

~ I didn't expect to see the elite Sternritters on the platform together with Yhwach. The direction of the successor's announcement scene was interesting because by adding more frames showing different angles and points of view, they also managed to make Uryuu look even more isolated and surrounded by curious watchers compared to the scene that took place in the manga.

~ They have had a super strong jump scare with Ebern during the first or the second episode of the TYBW arc. Now they they're almost making it a tradition to add a strong horror scene with the Soldat that Bambietta bifurcates. :horror

~ Meninas is very tall. Liltotto has a voice I didn't expect her to have. I figured it'd be calm, but not that she'd sound so... Bored? Also, regarding Bazz-B's and Jugram's "almost" confrontation, knowing what we know from the manga, Askin's interruption looks even more interesting.

~ There's something ominous and stylistically powerful in the way the anime team shrouded Uryuu with darkness with slight light blue highlights (the path, the platform and the throne) during the ritual he goes through.

~ One of the most powerful scenes the anime has ever produced, dare I say, is the brief one that shows Uryuu on the graveyard. It illustrates the scale of the Auswhaelen and makes me think about how, from the very beginning, Uryuu was forced to walk with heavy burden of ghosts and legacies, being "the last Quincy". It's no wonder Ryuuken gave up on the Quincy creed and fighting what appeared to be a losing one from the onset. Although, I don't remember Uryuu ever mentioning Soken's diary in the manga (that's most probably tied to the scene where he read it in the previous cour; I'd like to think that Kubo wrote it for the anime in order to make certain reveals more organic).

~ The Negar Ruins - they're subtly not so subtle in the way they made that scene with Urahara, Orihime, Sado and a mysterious individual happen.

~ Since we haven't seen it in the manga, I appreciate the fact that we got to see bits and pieces of Ichigo's training with Ichibe'e. The training he's about to go through looks simple, but sometimes the most simple things are the hardest to accomplish.

~ Loved the banter between Shinji and Hiyori as well as the scenes with Rukia, Renji, Byakuya and Kirinji.

~ Somehow, they managed to reserve the most beautiful colours for the scene in the Human Realm. The Soul Ticket scene once again reminded me of how much I wanted for Ichigo's classmates to have a bigger presence in the story.

~ I don't know about others, but I liked Orihime's speech; she tends to have very poetic ones.

~ They managed to make the new invasion scene so sudden and scary. (The red dome reminded me a bit of a certain place from the Stranger Things series 4, hehe.) The pinwheel stop just before Wandenreich took control over Seireitei was a brilliant detail. I like how they used the Keiser Gessang to build towards the episode title.

Overall, this was a quite strong beginning of the second cour. I'll make sure to read everybody's posts and reviews a bit later.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Right now Hyosube and Ichigo are on the same side. Hyosube knows that Ichigo is not strong enough yet to be able to defeat Yhwach. He needs special training, something Hyosube is only too willing to provide.

In my opinion, you have described the relationship between Ichigo and Ichibe'e very well. One would usually be wary of anyone who shows such level of readiness to offer training that's supposed to have amazing results.

I loved the quiet scene with Orihime and Chad. Orihime is such a gentle soul, I find it beautiful.

That scene was one of my favourite as well. Orihime gave a beautiful speech.

I rewatched the baby Yhwach scene. It seems like Reio (anamoly of energy) delinked Yhwach (sperm) from its body of energy (the link that was cut depicted with blue line), but there is a woman that nourished Yhwach with that link. The link seemed to be temporarily connected with the woman.It could be Yhwach's real mother or a foster one. The woman's hair ends are similar to Yhwach's long hair and ends of his cloak, so I am inclined towards she being his real mom. The link also shows the baby wasn't born yet and got nourishment from the woman which pretty much confirms that the woman was Yhwach's biological mother, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible. Whoever she was, after getting some threshold of nourishment with that link, the baby absorbed her or she died while giving birth to Yhwach. It's truly menacing.

After that absorption or the completion of nourishment, the lingering link is completed and the baby is born to the outside world interacting with the people around him. This link than gives Yhwach power to extend portions of his powers to people around him.

The general idea in my mind suggests that a child of SK should be 1up to the parent in view of the eyes going with the theme of progression and evolution. Yhwach inherited 1down in terms of his eyes. Soul King had 4 pupils, so Yhwach should have at least gotten 5, but he got one less which is a devolution.

It suggests that SK might have wanted to eradicate this child from his sphere of influence, and delinked it but the woman temporarily gave the baby the nourishment which contained different powers and one of them was healing one for people around him and sharing of souls. That's how I interpreted that scene.

Those who remember certain details from the Can't Fear Your Own World know that some explanation was given to this question.

Based on what was written in the CFYOW series, my interpretation is that Yhwach was a baby born the usual way, but with unusual abilities (as a carrier of something that was explained in the novels) and in an unusual state.

Also, I am wondering, are they cutting out some scenes?

They are, and until I stumbled upon the episode discussion on Reddit, I hadn't realized just how much they cut.

To me, the episode had a nice flow, but I'll have to take a look at what exactly got cut.

In a way, thanks to anime-only scenes that were added and the fact that some content still got cut from the anime, the manga and the anime now coexist in a special sort of synergy.

The dialogue between Hashwalth and Quincy Lady in the manga added depth to the overall character of Hashwalth.

In my opinion, that scene should've been in the anime because it offers an additional source for Haschwalth's characterization. Also, in the manga and novel setting, it proved to be a rather important scene later on.