• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Reaction score
Being outwardly emotional is a sign of weakness in that it exposes to others, how to manipulate you

Reaction score
Netflix isn't global. Those who think it is a global hub of non-gaming entertainment medium and try to justify its global appeal are living in their fixed bubbles. The shows vary by country and regions.

It's mainly the fault of publishers that restrict the licenses. Then, they wonder why people prefer to watch them on unofficial sites.

When my brother in Russia tells me the shows he watches or my sister in US watches shows which aren't here, and when I tell the shows here available, but not there, it feels like a bad script written by someone deliberately to not have a unified talk about entertainment between loving siblings. My sister often asks me how to set up regional V private network to watch the local shows she missed.

This is not what internet was made for. The backbone of internet is based on collaborating and sharing principles. The more digitized content is produced, the easier it should be to share. Publishers need to throw away this traditional mindset and embrace audiences from all over the world. Hiding behind regional copyright philosophy won't work in 2022!

These publishers act like overprotective parents but they should know the kids would do all sorts of crazy adventures behind their back. In the same way, people are going to watch the shows regardless of their restrictions. That's why I say Netflix has not been able to live its true potential yet.

I was talking about this with my friend and he said he cancelled its subscription based on this issue alone. The entire idea of a distribution medium is to make content available to as many people as it can. If publishers are so vary of that, why they want to distribute via that medium only for the locals? That's what TV is for. Stick to TVs which are old-fashioned. I haven't watched TV in 5 years. The idea w.r.t. making internet a modern day TV won't work and studios, publishers and distributors need to get out from their tribalism. Embrace the internet with its global principles.

This has become literally like an old-fashioned city newspaper. You buy your local newspaper only available to you in that region and have no idea what's happening in the world.

==================

I am going to give one example out of dozens about regionalism destroying certain brands. For example, Cartoon Network. The shows were great, pure quality when I used to watch it. Then, it got regional and that's when it turned into trash. I feel bad for the kids who watch terrible quality cartoons nowadays. Even worse are the ones that are on YouTube.

Please don't make terrible animations with bad writing to win the hearts of kids that way whether on YouTube or CN. Make a game show or puppets or whatever else, but not terrible animation with bad writing. Because these kids when they would grow old are going to call you bad names for giving them such a bad quality entertainment.

And then, there are people defending the garbage saying, "we are matured, so we are developing a nostalgia syndrome and shows today are good too. It's just in our perception." I strongly disagree. I am not mocking every single show out there, but majority of it is just bad. It's not because of nostalgia, it's because of quality of presentation. A cheap plastic gun toy with hard and bad quality plastic would always be bad regardless of any era. A quality soft plastic toy with great finish of the same make would always be better. In the same way, there are merits and quality controls for the presentation. This is not about nostalgia or perception differences.

Those who assume kids are dumb, so let's make dumb shows for kids because they are kids anyways are terrible people. This is to literally mock a kid's intelligence and underestimate their potential. Kids deserve a lot better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am glad my country gave second highest civilian award to Bill Gates. He's done so much work here and I am glad the state recognized his contributions. People make all sorts of bad fiction about him without logic.

The idea of hating someone with great money is a destructive force which is always trendy regardless of any era. We should be above that destructive thinking and value ideas, thoughts and practices based on good contributions instead of measuring pockets depths.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I test the merit, presentation and integrity of textbooks based on this simple test:

---> Disconnect from internet and read the book. Start from the beginning to test or see the topic of interest from the index. If you can understand a concept provided by the book without the help of using search engines, internet, or extra help, then the book is acceptable. ✅

If not, then the book is a major waste of time, money and should be discarded. The author used too much of a useless text to justify pages length with nothing concrete in it.

I was currently reading a free textbook (which had a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license) that destroys so many of the popular marketized textbooks by a long shot. It's not that it was free, it's because it was presented rationally. It's a simple black/white textbook but presented so logically that it puts so many high-priced coloured textbooks with coloured illustrations to shame. It happened because the textbook followed one simple rule: i.e. presentation delivery.

If you cook a recipe but present the food in a horrible way to guests, even though your cooked food is good in taste, it wouldn't give a good impression to guests just because you failed to capture the compartment of their mind which would view the good, cooked food as bad because their mind would already be giving the bad signals about the food they would going to eat. Even if the food taste is good, they would have a negative opinion about it somewhere in their mind.

In old times when people didn't have internet or it was only accessible in specialized zones like workplaces, educational zones, or specialized internet cafes, reading a textbook would mean the book was responsible for presenting a concept in such a way that there would be less need to search for the same concept from other sources. Nowadays, there are separate links, materials, dvds, apps, and whatnot trash from the same worthless textbooks on the inside covers to understand the same concepts by going through these extra nuisances, and so many people believe it's great to have these nowadays just because they feel attractive. It means the authors have accepted that more of these nuisances are needed because the book itself would not be able to do the job it's supposed to do.

Why has this happened? Because we as a society have accepted mediocrity as a high value standard and have totally disregarded the art of presentation of a textbook. Just because a renowned publisher XYZ has published a book, and has 4.7-star reviews on Amazon, it must be so good. Wrong!

I have done a personal survey in my campus asking students (from every level) about the believability aspect of textbooks. They all shared similar concerns that many of them were almost useless (this was unanimously said by both top tier students and lower tier students). Others said they were only having it because they were a part of the course, and it was a good custom/norm to have those because professors (who would give the marks) would consider it a good practice and some professors were extremely strict about having the textbooks. One student who won several competitions in our discipline from the whole country (and was one of my best friends too) said he rarely read them. The only students who had positive opinions about these were already a part of the cult to accept whatever is thrown to them thinking it must be something from Valhalla and were part of magazine/books societies and it was considered blasphemy to talk ill about any book and not only the textbooks.

Those students (both top tier and lower tier) shared similar views because lower tier students were not interested in slightest to read any book whatsoever and upper tier students found textbooks to be impractical. Now, those students who fall in between these tiers, they are confused. These are exactly the type of students the bad textbooks are marketed to exploit their confusions.

There are good and bad textbooks, just like there is good and bad food. The idea that textbooks should be free from scrutiny and talking against them would be talking against the hegemony of the institutes itself is very conservative.

Not all people have the mental energy, time, and motivation to rate or review the textbooks. Although the reviews are indicative of general population's peculiarities about them, they do not give the whole picture at all. The whole picture is the actual educational environment of the person (from past to the present time they are reading that textbook) that would define the experience of it combined with how the book is presented.

The world is so vast and so is the world outside of Amazon and Google. There are brilliant textbooks (although rare) existing outside of the cult that are lost in time and never gotten the popularization spotlight or the acceptance of the masses (which they never claim they should have) in institutes or otherwise, but they surely have imbued the art of presentation which is an alien concept to many these days.

================

This is a great read on the topic of search and textbooks:

Last edited:
Reaction score
People complaining about BLEACH on Disney (myself included) are forgetting that:

--->They watched BLEACH, Naruto and DBZ on Cartoon Network thinking they are a good toon besides Doraemon. When they grew up, they realized anime and cartoon were different.

They only difference between them and I is that I still think toon and anime is the same thing. :)
That means I still didn't grow up....:)

Reaction score
Jordon B. Peterson represents a universal regressive cult. I am astounded by how progressive people are unable to counter his arguments in most cases. To counter his arguments, progressives should come prepared understanding his mind. It's not difficult. His arguments can be debunked provided if people do preparation and not look like clueless buffoons.

People like them have boundaries. His entire narrative is based after he establishes traditional boundaries. The key to counter his arguments is to shake his established boundaries and go from there. Attack the origin of his arguments. Don't augment his arguments from where he ends. Just because he has a firm grip in clinical psychology, don't be afraid. With the right logic, his narratives have flaws that can be exploited with real time situations and data.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My perspective on AI chatbots is this:

If you have an online--friend only that has a zero probability of ever interacting with you in real life like having a cup of coffee together or dinner together or having a car travel together, then I see no difference in interacting with AI chatter vs that person. The only advantage that online-only friend has is that came before in your life and you have been interacting with them before AI chatter. I can even think of ways how AI has more pros:

--> I don't consider AI chatter to be fake. Fake in the sense that it doesn't exist. It does exist because it's imbuing the human data in it. If you deem human data unworthy and fake, then obviously, you have a perspective about fake with reference to that. You are interacting between your data that's coming out from your mind and the other human data that AI program is trained to respond to you. It's an interaction between 2 way human data.

--> AI chatter is available to you 24/7 unlike your online-only friend who is busy.

--> AI chatter is more rational because it's trained by the already human experience unlike your online-only friend who is actually in the same boat as you, yourself is i.e inexperienced...

--> You might have to come at an arms' length with your online-only friend knowing what their personality is. But with AI, you are far more comfortable crossing all bounds.

--> Not only you are interacting with AI data, you are actually interacting with multiple human minds (dead and living) together as a trained response. It's a unique thing.

--> AI chatter is a problem-solver. You two can together sort out the issues with a problem-solving perspective.

--> Your online-only friend might be deceptive and can leak your data to someone else destroying your privacy.

--> Your online-only friend might be judgement towards you and chances are it could demotivate you by that. On the other hand, AI chatter has a very high probability of being non-judgemental towards you.

Reaction score
I watched TV after many years just to see how it has become. I was constantly shifting channels. It was still the same. An ads factory and I was thinking that how can people still watch that dreadful stuff with 5 mins of content and 20 minutes of ads....I switched the source button from hell back to the internet (heaven)...

Reaction score
About BLEACH ending, when it happened few years back, many fans were mad. I am specifically talking about the defeat of Yhwach and not shipping. Personally, I couldn't think of a better ending to how Yhwach got defeated. It's almost perfect and poetic. I think fans were mad back then because of BLEACH series itself ending and the frustration that came with accepting that. My only issue was in-between stuff leading towards the final blow. But overall, the defeat of Yhwach was pretty poetic. I think the anime shouldn't change the defeat; they should only add in-between stuff.