• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

The Tower Of God

Reaction score
Tower of God centers around a boy called Twenty-Fifth Baam, who has spent his life trapped beneath a mysterious tower. Chasing after his only friend, he manages to open a door into the Tower, and must now face challenges at each floor of this tower as he tries to find his companion.
The Tower

In the webtoon, "The Tower" is a mysterious structure that is completely enclosed and hosts many unique environments. It is permeated by an element called "Shinsu", which has strange properties. It is inhabited by many different intelligent species. Living on the top floors is associated with a higher status in the Tower and better living conditions. This is a result of ascension from one floor to the next being only allowed by passing increasingly difficult tests of strength, dexterity and wit. Atop of the Tower sit the "10 Big Families" which form the governing body of the Tower, with king Zahard as chief leader.

Each floor is composed of three layers: an external Outer Tower which serves as the residential area, an Inner Tower where people are tested, and a Middle Area, which acts as a network linking each floor. Residents of each floor are given the chance to ascend, provided that they are deemed "worthy" of doing so by Headon, the First Floor's Guardian and caretaker of the Tower. Such people are referred to as "Chosen Regulars" in Tower of God. The Tower is sealed from the vast, unknown "Outside" by portentous, impenetrable doors. On rare occasions, extraordinary people are able to open the doors and enter the Tower. Such people are called "Irregulars" in the webtoon, and protagonist Twenty-Fifth Baam is one of them.

According to the author, each floor is the size of the North American continent.[citation needed]
Shinsu

Shinsu, roughly translated as "Divine Water", is a substance found within the Tower in varying concentrations on each floor. On the lower floors, Shinsu is diffuse and inconspicuous, similar to air. However on higher floors, Shinsu increases in power and concentration, and is said to be viscous and flow, similar to water. High Shinsu resistance is required to enter these floors.

Shinsu can be manipulated to enhance physical abilities, power weapons, and even manipulate the elements.

Does anyone else on BleachAsylum read The Tower Of God? I started reading it a while ago and am currently on Chapter 81, and so far it's a very good if not great series. I recommend it to anyone who has yet to read it.

Reaction score
I read this series several years ago and got up to Season 2 where i was met with a whole new cast of characters that i simply couldn't bring myself to care about. I liked old characters like Zahard princess, the swordsman guy and some other rankers and regulars, but i heard somewhere they are all largely sidelined during Season 2. Still, i do think Season 1 had some pretty awesome moments and characters. The world building is fantastic as well from what i remember. I might come back later to it, when mysteries of the tower start being revealed.

Reaction score
Initially I wasn't sure how I felt about there being a lot of new characters with most of the original main characters being part of side stories. However, most of the new characters are great characters as well. Plus, the stories are intertwining, so the original main characters are still just as important if not more important than most of the new characters.

I'm on Chapter 241. An amazing series so far IMO. I'll post some more of my thoughts on The Tower Of God when I'm caught up on the series. :p

Reaction score
So I’m caught up on The Tower Of God, and here are some of my thoughts on it:

Cons

-The Tower Of God has a lot of great characters but sometimes goes a lot of Chapters without showing them. I understand that not every character is going to appear in every chapter, but sometimes The Tower Of God goes like 100 Chapters without showing characters like Rak.

-Sometimes the series takes a long time to deliver on seeing some characters in match ups. Even when we do see them in match ups, they are sometimes off screen.

-I don’t like that the Mangaka skips Floors. I understand the Mangaka not showing every single Floor, but skipping like 15 Floors is the other extreme.

Pros

-The Tower itself is awesome. It’s an in depth Universe with a lot of interesting lore.

-The Tower Of God has a lot of great characters.

-The series has good humor.

Some of my other thoughts on The Tower Of God so far:

-The Tower Of God is my 17th favorite Manga/Anime so far.

-My favorite characters so far are:

Ran.
Hatsu.
Rak.
Hachuling.
Koon.
Laure.
Androssi.
Anak.
Novick.
Boro.
Akraptor.
Mazino.
Lero-Ro.
Jinsung.
Sachi.
Chang.
Leesoo.
Wangnan.
Irure.
Vincente.
Evan.
Mule.
Daniel.
Yuri.
Repellista.
Ewha.
Buelsar.
David.
Miseng.
Sunwoo.
Ron Mei.
Baam.
Kurudan.
Quant.
Moontari.
Kaiser.
Shilial.
Lilial.
Alphine.
Hoaqin.
Inieta.
Noma.
Verdi.
Karaka.
Varagarv.
Reflejo.
Anna.
Danhwa.
Blitz.
Devil Bon.
Hana.
Yura.
Dan.
Macha.
Levin.
Parakewl.
Aleksai.
Aka.
Serena.
The God Of The Guardians.
Hax.
Headon.
Yu Bok-Dol.
Beniamino.
Horyang.
Hwaryun.
Prince.
Yuto.
Goseng.
Xia Xia.
Angel.
Vespa.
Bero Bero.
Rapdevil.
Greymon.
Hanool.
Madoraco.
Ren.
Lurker.
Bel.
Marte.
Hesse.
Boondawan.
Ho.
Poe.
Michael.
Felix.
Rachel.

-Ran (49th) and Hatsu (61st) rank in my top 100 of favorite Manga/Anime characters, kicking Usopp (One Piece) and Marco (One Piece) out of my top 100. Rak (116th), Hachuling (117th), Koon (118th), Laure (161st), Androssi (172nd), and Anak (195th) rank in my top 200 of favorite Manga/Anime characters- kicking Komamura (Bleach), Kirishima (Boku No Hero Academia), Zeff (One Piece), Hanzo (Hunter x Hunter), Neji (Naruto), Hinata (Naruto), General Shou (Magi), and General Seishuu (Magi) out of my top 200.

Reaction score
Great chapter.

This is one of the first times that we've seen two very powerful characters in a match up, so that makes the match up even more exciting. So far their techniques are pretty bad ass. They're in a different league from almost any main character that we've seen so far. I also think it's awesome seeing Evan use some of his Abilities. Despite his characterization he's portrayed as a beast as well. He's not a High Ranker for no reason. That just one energy blast from any of those High Rankers could defeat any of the main protagonists just goes to show how far away the main protagonists still are from being High Rankers. Great action in this chapter.

I give this chapter an 8.4/10 (rounding to 8/10).

Toriko > The Tower Of God > Boku No Hero Academia > Black Clover > Fairy Tail this week, IMO. A pretty good Manga week overall.

Reaction score
The Tower Of God Chapter 304- Great chapter.

Lady Yuri has already shown an insane amount of power and yet she's been holding back significantly. That's insane. I love Evan's character. He's not aggressive like Lady Yuri but he's a bad ass and his weapons are awesome as well. The action between Lady Yuri and Lord Karaka is great as well. I'm not a big fan of either character yet, but they have awesome Abilities that are being used creatively.

I give this chapter an 8/10.

The Tower Of God Chapter 305- Very good chapter.

When Endorssi told Baam to dance I wondered if he was actually going to dance to distract Lord Karaka LOL. An intense chapter. A well known theory but still an awesome revelation of who Lord Karaka is related to. Lady Yuri powering up is insane. They nearly destroyed an entire Floor just by powering up. It's insane that Evan is trusted to defend against all of that. Lord Karaka's Abilities are awesome. It seems like he can do almost anything with his Abilities.

I give this chapter a 7.9/10 (rounding to 8/10).

The Tower Of God Chapter 306- Good chapter.

Not much happens in this chapter by The Tower Of God standards, but the emotional involvement in this chapter is good. I'm not a big fan of most of the characters in this chapter but Wagnan and Akraptor stole the show with their dialogue. How great of characters they are is demonstrated in their ability to make an otherwise okay chapter good. Akraptor getting involved was an intense scene. He rarely gets angry on screen so seeing him defend Wagnan was pretty bad ass.

I give this chapter a 6.4/10 (rounding to 6/10).

The Tower Of God Chapter 307- Pretty good chapter.

Similar to Chapter 306 but even more emotional involvement. I hope that Prince's and Akraptor's characters aren't actually being written off but either way it's a very emotional chapter. It shows how much they have developed as characters. They're all a bunch of different characters and yet they have formed such a strong bond that there's no hesitation in sticking their necks out for each other. Akraptor has some of the most interesting storylines amongst the main characters, and it's interesting to see more of his back story. I didn't think that it would involve The Ten Great Families, and now that we know that it does, it makes those storylines even more interesting.

Wagnan is such a great character. I'm so excited to see his character development throughout the series. It will be interesting to see how Lord Karaka reacts to his own side going against Wagnan.

I give this chapter a 7/10.

The Tower Of God Chapter 308- Pretty good chapter.

Not much happens in this chapter by The Tower Of God standards but the character development for Wagnan is amazing. Wagnan has to be one of the best characters out of the not as powerful as most other main protagonist characters in Manga/Anime. Great writing in this chapter. It would be amazing if Wagnan achieves Abilities.

The Tower Of God Chapter 309- Pretty good chapter.

I like the comparisons that The God Of The Guardians makes between Baam and King Zahard. From what I had gathered prior to this chapter I figured that King Zahard had at one point been somewhat similar to Baam. It also gives Baam a blue print so to speak on how to handle the power to rise to the top of the Tower. I'm not a big fan of Baam's character yet but that sort of character development is good.

The Wagnan stuff is very interesting. Wagnan advertises himself as an average character but he's an outstanding character with some interesting qualities. When I first saw Wagnan I wondered if he could be in the same league as Isu as a character but he has far exceeded any reasonable expectations that could be had of his character. I am very interested in seeing what Lord Karaka does when he finds out that some on his own side not only has his Brother captive but that they have been somewhat torturing him.

I'm glad that not only Baam but that Koon is also training and with a bad ass Evan at that.

Good character development and world building in this chapter.

I give this chapter a 6.7/10 (rounding to 7/10).

The Tower Of God Chapter 310- Very good chapter.

I love the training sessions so far. The power ups should be big boosts and they both have great Masters. Hockney seems like an awesome character. I love his character design and the mystery surrounding his character. It would be very interesting to see Hoaqin vs. Hockney. I also love that Hockney is an artist and how passionate he is about his art. More great characterization for Wagnan. Without a question one of the best written characters in the series.

The Tower Of God Chapter 311- Pretty good chapter.

The characterization and character development is great in this chapter. Not just for Wagnan but for Miseng as well. I am very impressed with the characterization and character development in The Tower God in recent chapters. Usually they’re good but they have been amazing in those chapters.
The only issue that I have with this chapter is that The God Of The Guardians went through with Baam’s insane request to land a planet destroying technique on him, although whether it can actually destroy a planet is debatable. Still, it’s an insane request, and The God Of The Guardians agreed to it. That’s a relatively small issue, though. Outside of that this chapter is pretty good.

The Tower Of God Chapter 312- Pretty good chapter.

The writing in The Tower Of God has been especially amazing recently, and I think that is apparent in the presence in most of the main characters. Without even seeing them use much of their new Abilities, you can already tell that the main characters have become significantly more powerful just through the way that they carry themselves. I'm not a big fan of Baam's character in general but in this chapter his confidence is oozing off of him. I suppose training with The God Of The Guardians will do that. I also found his statement about Koon losing weight hilarious given how Koon has always been really thin.

This chapter makes me excited for the next Floor. The description of it so far has done a great job at making it feel like an insane Floor, and that Hockney is a civilian from there is insane. It makes his character even more mysterious. We're also seeing the Floor that Enryu went insane on, which itself is awesome.

Lord Karaka's involvement should be very interesting. Especially when he finds out that some of his own comrades have Wagnan captive.

I give this chapter a 6.6/10 (rounding to 7/10).

The Tower Of God Chapter 313- Great chapter.

The characterization in this chapter is great. Lord Karaka is a bad ass. I like how he just intervened and took away the antagonists without much of a problem. The action in this chapter is great as well. It would be awesome to see a Hockney vs. Hoaqin match up. Baam's power up is impressive. Even Evan is impressed, and not only is he a High Ranker, but he's likely one of the more powerful High Rankers in the series.

I give this chapter a 7.6/10 (rounding to 8/10).

The Tower Of God Chapter 314- Pretty good chapter.

One of my favorite parts of the series is learning about and seeing the characters explore each Floor. Siu does a great job at making each Floor distinct and interesting. The Baam scene was a little strange but the Baam and Hockney dynamic should be interesting. It's awesome seeing Mazino. If he's going to be in the current Arc then the current Arc should be great.

I give this chapter a 7.2/10 (rounding to 7/10).

The Tower Of God Chapter 315- Great chapter.

It's always awesome seeing Members of Wolhaiksong. Especially Mazino. Lord Karaka, Lady Yuri, and Wolhaiksong all on the same Floor?! Plus the Wagnan storyline and some very interesting new characters? Siu is doing a great job with the Arc so far. The Rak mystery is interesting but there's no question that he's around somewhere. I'm also glad that the others are okay as well. The new characters seem interesting. Androssi and Koon are bad asses in this chapter. I'm excited to see their new Abilities.

The Tower Of God Chapter 316- Good chapter.

Not much happens in this chapter, but what does happen in this chapter is great. Especially Koon's new Abilities. As Evan says they're simple but also complex and very interesting. The Gatekeepers seem interesting as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Tower Of God Chapter 317- Good chapter.

Not much happens in that chapter by The Tower Of God standards, but we still got more explanations and an interesting new character who seems to be from The Koon Family. Also, that new character seems to know Enryu, which is interesting. I'm excited to learn more about Enryu's character.

The Tower Of God Chapter 318- Very good chapter.

Princess Yuri has a reason to get involved in the action in the current Arc, which is awesome. With Lord Karaka getting involved too there are a lot of significant characters. The Comic Book scene is funny. It's awesome seeing Princess Garam. A lot of significant characters are starting to get involved which is great for the series as it will give us more back story on King Zahard and The Tower Of God. The Baam mystery is interesting. I'm not a big fan of Baam's character but the lore surrounding his character is interesting.

I give this chapter a 7.5/10 (rounding to 8/10).

The Tower Of God Chapter 319- Great chapter.

The Tower Of God does an amazing job at making most of it's chapters so fulfilling and yet making you want a lot more. The Lord Joe vs. Lord Karaka confrontation in this chapter is intense and yet hilarious. The TV complaint legitimately had me laughing out loud during the scene. Lord Joe is a quirky and interesting character and even though he's described as being so evil he seems so innocent. Lord Karaka's presence is bad ass, especially when he sort of feels like a protagonist in that role.

The lore in The Tower Of God is very interesting and this chapter gives a lot of information about the lore. We knew that Baam was someone important but possibly sort of being King Zahard's son? That's insane in a good way. It gives Baam's character more substance, which is good because he sort of lacks it compared to a lot of other characters in The Tower Of God. I'm very interested in The Hunger Games storyline going on between the Princesses and does a lot to explain why confrontations between the Princesses are frequently intense.

The Tower Of God Chapter 320- Great chapter.

There are so many great things about the chapter. The lore gives Baam's character more dimensions than just being someone who wants to be friends with Rachel. The addition of other Leaders of The Tower Of God also adds dimensions to the lore of the series. It wouldn't be strange if King Jahad manipulated some things behind the scenes but I'm also interested in hearing the other Leaders' side of the story. V looks like a potential ancestor of Hatsu. I wonder how Rachel knows about the lore of The Tower Of God? Is she related to Baam?

The scene with White and Lord Karaka is bad ass. White needs to pick on characters his own size and Lord Karaka fills that role, as he doesn't back down. White acting like they're friends when he sees that Lord Karaka can give him souls is hilarious, though, LOL. Lord Joe's plan gives the Arc sort of a Hunger Games or tournament atmosphere to it. Lord Joe's Commanders seem interesting as well.

We also find out some information about Lord Guslec, one of the most powerful characters in the series. The Demon King is a servant of V's. How powerful is V if The Demon King is just one of his servants?

Enryu! I have been wondering what his character design is like. Not only does he look bad ass but he's God's Messenger?! How powerful is God? What role will the outsiders of The Tower play?

The Tower Of God Chapter 321- Very good chapter.

It's amazing how much information one chapter The Tower Of God gives. It seems like we went to knowing little to nothing about the Floor to knowing most of everything about the Floor. The Lords of the Floor look awesome. Lord Joe must be insanely powerful to best one of them.

Enryu seems like even more of a bad ass than I thought that he would be. Enryu being God's Messenger also makes him so interesting. If the God's Messenger is that powerful, how powerful is God?! God must be insanely powerful.

The Lady Yuri match up seems interesting. I'm interested in seeing how powerful Lord Joe's subordinates are compared to Lady Yuri.

The Tower Of God Chapter 322- Good chapter.

It's insane to think how powerful Lady Yuri is and yet she's still not all that experienced. Especially with her weapons. Having access to her weapons takes her to a new league of power and it will be interesting to see where she ranks with those power ups. I also like seeing what the Souls of the weapons are like.

I give this chapter a 6.7/10 (rounding to 7/10).

The Tower Of God Chapter 323- Pretty good chapter.

I like the Hockney storyline so far, and I'm curious as to how his soul was absorbed into the picture and seeing his back story with Lord Joe. Lady Yuri's level of power is insane. I wonder how powerful Lady Yuri is compared to Lord Karaka after the power up? They seemed to be around the same level prior to Lady Yuri's power up so Lady Yuri might be the most powerful character involved in the main storylines.

The Tower Of God Chapter 324- Great chapter.

One of my favorite Baam scenes so far! Seeing Baam showing interest in other things and actually be the one to turn Rachel away and have Rachel chase Baam is so refreshing and satisfying. It also makes Rachel's relatively boring character more interesting as it shows that there's still a lot about her character that we don't know yet.

It's also awesome seeing Lord Grand De Jah. The concept of those characters seems awesome and their character designs are goofy, bad ass, and mysterious all at the same time. They remind me of characters from Tolkien's Middle Earth.

Lord Karaka is a bad ass. I'm excited to see how his strategies will interact not only with the protagonists' strategies but also the other antagonists' strategies.

I give this chapter a 7.6/10 (rounding to 8/10).

The Tower Of God Chapter 325- Pretty good chapter.

The humor in this chapter is pretty good. I love Grand De Lee's, Grand De Jah's, and Grand De Sah's characters so far. They sort of remind me of Rak's character. I wonder if they're of the same or a similar species or is that a mask? Urek Mazino! One of the most bad ass characters in a series with a lot of bad asses. There are so many insanely powerful characters on the Floor. I wonder what Urek Mazino's role in the Arc will be?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Tower Of God Chapter 326- Great chapter.

The Hockney stuff is interesting. I figured that his character was connected to Lord Joe's character in some way but I wasn't sure what exactly. The best part of the chapter though is the Urek Mazino scenes. As bad ass as Lord Karaka is Uzek Marino is even more bad ass. To think that Urek Mazino is that much more powerful than White and Lord Karaka is insane. It makes me wonder how his character compares to the characters ranked above him. I figured that there might be a somewhat significant gap in power between them and Urek Mazino but his character might not be that much weaker than them after seeing this chapter. If so then that's insane.

The Tower Of God Chapter 327- Pretty good chapter.

I actually like Lord Joe's characterization a lot. His back story is somewhat unique and now we also know that he is a character that Mazino thinks highly of making his character even more interesting. I'm impressed with Lord Karaka's ability to admit when there's a character more powerful than him and come up with a different strategy. That The Great Family Leaders are comparable to and I would think in some cases more powerful than Mazino shows how big of a difference in power there is between the top tier characters and even characters as powerful as Lord Karaka and even more so the main protagonists. Baam continues to have the upper hand on Rachel and I think that many of us fans are loving that. Baam didn't start out as that interesting of a main protagonist but he's getting more likable. I'm glad that Wagnan and the other characters are free again. In a series full of powerful characters Wagnan's character does a great job at being consistently interesting. His character's humor is great too but his dialogue and story are also great.

The Tower Of God Chapter 328- Pretty good chapter.

Like many of us fans figured there's more to the Swords and their souls than just being powerful weapons. King Zahard seems like a complex character. I'm curious as to why he did that to those characters and how his thoughts on those characters developed throughout the series. The stuff about Lord Joe seems very interesting. I like that it has an element connected to The Administrator. Lord Joe is a relatively unique character but I like his character so far. Not only is his character relatively unique but represents the way The Tower Of God works and is entertaining as well.

The Tower Of God Chapter 329- Good chapter.

Lord Joe is becoming a more interesting character every chapter. Basically being The Administrator's Son is a new element to the series. For Urek to have trusted Lord Joe a lot suggests that Lord Joe's character must have changed a lot. I'm excited to see a confrontation between Lord Joe and Urek. I thought that Princess Garam and Princess Yuri would know each other but for them to not know each other suggests that Princess Garam has been doing her own thing for a long time. Either way Baam has yet another powerful character as an ally.

I give this chapter a 6.6/10 (rounding to 7/10).

The Tower Of God Chapter 330- Pretty good chapter.

Princess Garam is already one of the more likable characters in the series. Blue hair is one of my favorite hair colors so as soon as I saw her character design I liked her character. The Urek Mazino scene is hilarious. I guess when you're as powerful as Urek Mazino you don't have a care in the world. Princess Garam should feel special. Urek Mazino could likely get basically anything that he wants and yet Urek Mazino wants Princess Garam. Lol. It should be interesting to see how Lord Joe counters Urek Mazino. With Urek Mazino's character on the battlefield it's basically a win for the protagonists. Lord Joe is even more powerful than I thought that he was so it should be interesting to see the match ups against him as I doubt that Baam is powerful enough yet to defeat Lord Joe fair and square.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Tower Of God Chapter 331- Very good chapter.

The chapter provides a lot of context about Lord Joe's character. I can see both sides of the discussion. It's strange seeing The Grands in a somewhat antagonistic perspective even though I somewhat understand why they're doing what they're doing. The Soul Weapon seems very interesting. It stands out as one of the most interesting Weapons in a series with a lot of interesting Weapons. Rachel helping Koon is sort of strange but I like that scene.

Urek Mazino is such a bad ass character. His character has no care in the world but I suppose when you're that powerful of a character it makes sense. I'm interested in seeing how the teams are split up after Urek Mazino's discussion with Lord Joe.

I give this chapter a 7.5/10 (rounding to 8/10).

The Tower Of God Chapter 332- Great chapter.

Lord Joe might be significantly more powerful than I thought. Urek Mazino is using more of his own power than his character was against Lord Karaka. Also the chapter seems to imply that the weapon has some type of influence on Lord Joe's character. Urek Mazino is so awesome. His character is insanely powerful and therefore most of the Arc is sort of like a game to his character. I love Urek Mazino's dialogue in the chapter as well. His character is no mindless outsider and seems to be an amazing person. A funny chapter as well.

The Tower Of God Chapter 333- Great chapter.

Awesome dialogue and great action in the chapter. Urek Mazino's character is easily one of the most bad ass characters in the series. Getting to see some of what an Administrator's character is like is interesting as well. That Administrator in particular is more arrogant than I thought that he would be but I suppose that he's angry at Enryu's character. There are even more mysteries surrounding Baam's character established in the chapter. Between his character interaction with Rachel's character and some interesting mysteries in the Arc Baam's character is becoming more likable.

The Tower Of God Chapter 334- An above average chapter.

One of the least best chapters in a while for The Tower Of God. However that's not necessarily a bad thing as The Tower Of God has been having a lot of amazing chapters. Not a lot of interesting aspects about the chapter but there's even more story development for Baam's character and the scenes of Urek Mazino's character are interesting. Overall it's been an amazing Arc so far. I wonder what Baam's character will say to Urek Mazino's question? I suspect that his character will say no but it would be interesting if his character says yes.

I give this chapter a 4.4/10 (rounding to 4/10).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like Urek's character as well, he is so strong and funny. Btw, about some scenes that I like in this week chapter:
1. Yuri kicked Urek.
2. Urek wants Hockney to be his lawyer, :D, that was funny.
3. Finally Beta appeared.
4. Can't wait to see what happen with Rachel after she was attacked.

I give this chapter 9/10.