• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

The monster who appeared in SS long ago vs The most diabolical criminal in the SS

Reaction score
Assuming that it was him that she fought,how do you think their battle went ?

Imo the fact that she new every zanjustu ,and was the strongest as said by herself(with exception of Zaraki) i believe that Genryuusai and her had very close fight .I imagine she started overwhelming him,he reacted with shikai (I dont think she gained a real Zanpaku-to til she joined the Gotei nor did she know kaido because Tenjiro taught her) and she was floored by the display . Instead of killing her he made a offer to join his small group .

Using both of their lore why do u think Genyruusai went after her ? I think she was killing too many souls in the districts and causing issues with the soul regulation .

Attachments

• YoungerYamamoto.jpg
    YoungerYamamoto.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 4417061-screen shot 2015-02-26 at 18.48.28.png
    4417061-screen shot 2015-02-26 at 18.48.28.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Yamamoto was the most powerfull shinigami of all even zaraki is a looser compare to him.

I think always that the powerfull unohana battle in the past Genryusai and found something special in Yamamoto.

She admire or even love him I do not know but something is sure unohana leave her killer past for him.

Yamamoto past was never do completely and i think is more interesting for do that a hisagi novel.
and of course the best part of Yamamoto life was his first battle whit juhabach.

He win juhabach with no tricks compare to ichigo only with full power that is why he is the best.

Why isshin have a shikai too same to Yamamoto I do not.

For me was very disappointing the last battle of bleach between ichigo and juhabach because for me the best end it would have been Ichigo using Yamamoto bankai to kill Juhabach.

Just imagine how epic it would have been this jaaaaaaaaa.

Last edited:
Reaction score
People love to underrate Unohana. I saw crazyness like putting Kyoraku or even worst: Byakuya and Hitsugaya above her.

She is recorded in Soul Society history as both its most diabolical criminal and the Kenpachi (strongest shinigami) of the strongest generation**. Facts. And people has to remember that Aizen, Yhwach, to give an example, are also criminals in Soul Society. Does it mean she's stronger than them? Nope, but it means she's on that league, way above characters people mistakenly place over her in a power ranking.

Yama wins, but in no single way he trashes her. The hero of soul society and its worst villain, it's obvious to me that they both clashed in her darker past and not only they both survived but Yama sought her and give her the place as THE Kenpachi back then. She did not need Kaido to heal herself since shikai Minazuki can do that, she needed it to heal herself in battle to fight more and more endlessly.

And no. Zaraki is no way a Looser to Yama. Zaraki has feats of insane power after his awakening.

We will never now how close they were. Yama has more feats since he saw more action, but she's right there, close behind. The biggest difference is his zampakuto destructive power.

** Regarding the title of Kenpachi meaning the most powerful Shinigami of its generation: Other item some readers love to dismiss is the meaning of the mantle of Kenpachi because Zaraki was thrash tier at the begning of the manga. Well, it was prooved that on his true power he IS the most powerful shinigami of his generation and above his Captain Commander. Does it mean Unohana > Yamamoto because she was the Kenpachi of that Generation? No, however you might take it as an argument if you think so. And even then, that title makes her automatically more powerful that the other eleven members of said first generation, the strongest one. So no, saying Hitsugaya on Yaoi Manga mode or Byakuya post RG are more powerful than her is insulting. Sorry, but it triggers me as fuck xD.

If I had to put them on a number from 1 to 100 to make my point clearer on how I see them powerwise, 1 being Kon and 100 Being Ichibee (the zénit of shinigami power) I would give Yama a 96 and Unohana a 93. Don't forget her Bankai is deadly as fuck as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
People love to underrate Unohana. I saw crazyness like putting Kyoraku or even worst: Byakuya and Hitsugaya above her.

She is recorded in Soul Society history as both its most diabolical criminal and the Kenpachi (strongest shinigami) of the strongest generation**. Facts. And people has to remember that Aizen, Yhwach, to give an example, are also criminals in Soul Society. Does it mean she's stronger than them? Nope, but it means she's on that league, way above characters people mistakenly place over her in a power ranking.

Yama wins, but in no single way he trashes her. The hero of soul society and its worst villain, it's obvious to me that they both clashed in her darker past and not only they both survived but Yama sought her and give her the place as THE Kenpachi back then. She did not need Kaido to heal herself since shikai Minazuki can do that, she needed it to heal herself in battle to fight more and more endlessly.

And no. Zaraki is no way a Looser to Yama. Zaraki has feats of insane power after his awakening.

We will never now how close they were. Yama has more feats since he saw more action, but she's right there, close behind. The biggest difference is his zampakuto destructive power.

** Regarding the title of Kenpachi meaning the most powerful Shinigami of its generation: Other item some readers love to dismiss is the meaning of the mantle of Kenpachi because Zaraki was thrash tier at the begning of the manga. Well, it was prooved that on his true power he IS the most powerful shinigami of his generation and above his Captain Commander. Does it mean Unohana > Yamamoto because she was the Kenpachi of that Generation? No, however you might take it as an argument if you think so. And even then, that title makes her automatically more powerful that the other eleven members of said first generation, the strongest one. So no, saying Hitsugaya on Yaoi Manga mode or Byakuya post RG are more powerful than her is insulting. Sorry, but it triggers me as fuck xD.

If I had to put them on a number from 1 to 100 to make my point clearer on how I see them powerwise, 1 being Kon and 100 Being Ichibee (the zénit of shinigami power) I would give Yama a 96 and Unohana a 93. Don't forget her Bankai is deadly as fuck as well.
I agree with you . When it comes to swordplay and tricks ,she is unmatched . I hate that we didnt get see her kill any Quincy. But,being that she killed Zaraki over a thousand times in their fight ,she probably would have been overkill . I still dont understand why Genryuusai order her not to engage in combat . Maybe she gets bloodlusted extremely fast .

Reaction score
Another factor is that her and certain other Bankai users have a power that would endanger everyone around them, maybe even within quite a distance.

Reaction score
Another factor is that her and certain other Bankai users have a power that would endanger everyone around them, maybe even within quite a distance.
Minazuki does seem to have AOE ,just like Shinji ,Rukia,Hisagi and Shunsui's bankai . Even though,it was only used on herself and Kenpachi it seems like everyone whos affected by it gets stripped to their bare bones . Maybe the affect traps them in a arena of blood that cant be escaped until she or the enemy dies or forfeit . If its not just manga aesthetics ,i think them becoming skeletons eliminates reatsu ,individual strength and anything else that could personally decide the battle other than zanjutsu .

Reaction score
The battle between Unohana and Kenpachi took place in Muken, a place that isolated them from everybody else. Unohana could have killed Kenpachi pretty much instantly with her Bankai but she kept healing him and pushing him. The fight took place according to her rules. This was a sword fight on the same skill level as Kenpachi's, allowing Kenpachi to grow past his limitations.

Reaction score
If the question is: "How do you think they're battle may have gone", I'd imagine Yamamoto fought her using his Shikai/Bankai, and that she was able to ward him off using just her Katana. We've seen on numerous occasions that Reiatsu through combat can cut through "Abilities", despite the fact that they appear to be just physical movements. But they're not, all physical movements have reiatsu in them. So it's still reiatsu v reiatsu.

So I imagine Yamamoto probably would win eventually, if only just slightly, thus giving her the incentive to join him, but her physical sword prowess and enormous reiatsu being enough to stave off most of what he could do.

And the reason she'd join him IMO, is because she didn't have access to the Asauchi, which would be a "power up" for her. And so her reason for joining wasn't submission, but more of an opportunity. Thus, when she joined the Gotei, and got the Zanpakutou, that was the tipping point which made her "stronger" than Yamamoto and thus cemeted the Kenpachi title.

Reaction score
I don't think Unohana was a Rukon citizen. Just like Yama isn't either. Not every citizen of the sereitei is of high nobility or of any nobility at all. There are commoners that are pure souls as well.

Of course most of it is just our headcannons/speculations, but that's all we have, so here's mine: Yama founded the Gotei 13 arround 1000 years prior the begining of the story, hence, and it's also heavily implied, it's founded due to the quincy threat, so he gathered the 13 best shinigami of that time to lead the sereitei forces. Of course she'd be one of those. So, my speculation for how he got her on the train was the offer to be trained at Kaido so she could fully use her bankai and prolong her battles. Given what we know of her Zanpakuto, I take it after going bankai, she had to rely on Minazuki's shikai to get herself back in shape again, therefore not being able to fight for a given time.

Anyway, I'd give my right arm to have a short manga about those times in the timeline with her and yama as main characters. And Kirinji as well, since for me it's kind of obvious that he was the first captain of the 4th squad.

Reaction score
I don't think Unohana can avoid a Zanka no tachi cut as he did with Kenpachi with skills like West or East, rather I think Yamamoto the only time he used his Bankai to eliminate an enemy was against Yhwach, hence the fear of using Again due to its devastating power, remember that in Hisagi's novel it is said that Yamamoto also tried to stop the Holow who attacked the royal palace, however, it is not mentioned that he used Bankai (Therefore, Ichibe has to fight), I believe that the only mention of his Bankai was in the battle of 1000 years ago and after that fight he could see that his Bankai not only helped him to protect society from souls, but also to destroy it.

And seeing the events of Bleach, having villains as dangerous as Aizen himself, he never used his Bankai because of the danger he would represent, I don't think he used it against Unohana, he only used it against a villain, the villain, the son of the spiritual king who he possessed the ability of the almighty

Last edited: