• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

The 'loose ends' & things you wish you had seen

Reaction score
We saw Ichigo could now use Gran Ray cero and combine it with Getsuga.... It would have been nice to see that highspeed regen come back. It seemed clear from when Ichigo fought Candice the quincy zan was the smaller one... the getsuga from that would easily count as an arrow so to speak but we never saw blut again. IMO and with bleach having a deadline to end abruptly I think a few things were implied such as Grimmjow having an additional release.... But there just wasn't time to present it the right way.

Mac

Reaction score
Wish we got to see more of Ikkaku and Yumichka ....

Reaction score
What happened to Aizen? He's just kinda hanging out in the final chapter with no explanation of how he got to what appears to be a seperate dimension.

I realised shortly after posting this that the "seperate dimension" is actually just Muken. So what happened was that even though he basically saved Soul Society, the Shinigami threw a weakened Aizen back into Muken and made life even more difficult for him with a bigger chair and additional restraints.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't be like that!! Aizen will break those restraints after his reiatsu returns....He stays in Muken and always has for the peace and quiet!!

Reaction score
Who else thinks that Aizen uses his "perception of time" ability on himself to speed through his Muken sentence? :D He mocked the Shinigami court when they sentenced him to like 18,000 years, and there has to be a reason for that. Unless he was just beyond reason at that point...

Reaction score
well... theres not alot of things i would wished it happen or i would like to know, but here it goes..

a real evil uryuu, power on par with ichigo, his ability being the arrow, his vollstandig form and should of fought mayuri and ichigo.

a ukitake final fight, with his bankai reveal.

isshin and uryuus father fight with some quincys, revealing isshin bankai and uryuus father reshi armor

last thing i wish would been in the ending is that some quincy did survive, changing the vandenriech system to a more peaceful civilization and juggy or uryuu being the king...

Reaction score
The Quincy did survive though. All the countless Soldat and Quincy civilians living in the Wandenreich are all still alive. Uryuu is most definitely not the final Quincy and seeing how it was the Quincy that defeated Yhwach in the end, they most likely reformed. Only question is if some of the Sternritter survived, which is currently unknown, though at least three were last seen alive.

Reaction score
I hope so, I really do!

But right at the end Bach created this portal. Where did he get that energy from? It is definitely possible, if not likely, that Bach took all the Quincy energy he could access and used it up. This means all Quincies except Uryuu are gone - and that includes Ryuuken.

Reaction score
I hope so, I really do!

But right at the end Bach created this portal. Where did he get that energy from? It is definitely possible, if not likely, that Bach took all the Quincy energy he could access and used it up. This means all Quincies except Uryuu are gone - and that includes Ryuuken.

Ryuken was alive though and most likely all the Soldat too. He gave Uryuu the arrow after Yhwach already made the portal. The second Auswahlen were specifically meant for the Sternritter, as Yhwach said they had no purpose anymore. It wouldn't make sense for Ryuken to be spared but not every other Quincy. The portal was most likely made through Ichigo's powers since Yhwach emitted a huge plack shadow afterwards, but before he inniated the Auswahlen. The survival of the Quincy race is a given imo. The big question is simply whether the Sternritter are all gone or not. A question that certainly has different answers depending on whom you ask.

Reaction score
Like many people here, I also have a fairly long list of story elements I wish were tied up and the vast majority of it relates to the TYBW. Overall, I felt that the Arrancar, Soul Society, and even Fullbringer arcs ended in a satisfying way (but then again, I'm not interested in seeing every single Bankai, Release, or Vollstandig). These are more specific ideas I would have liked to see.

1. Getting a good look at each of the Royal Guard's powers in battle. They will hyped as being 10x stronger than the Captains, but we never really got to see this in action other than a couple quick battle moves. I also wanted to see more focus on them as main characters. They have such interesting designs and personalities, but it still feels like I barely knew them.

2. Seeing Ukitake's Bankai. I know I mentioned I didn't care about seeing them all, but his really would have been interesting to me. Like Squad Zero, he was mentioned to be extremely powerful, but we never saw evidence of this.

3. More Stern Ritter interactions and backstories. I think this is a given for most people here. Still, they did manage to get more development than the Royal Guard which was pretty sad.

4. Quilge's relationship to Yhwach and Uryuu. He's the one Stern Ritter who I think could have had the most interesting interactions with the others, yet he got none at all. He did get a really good fight and character development at least.

5. More Quincy and Ishida history in general. I'd loved to have seen more of Uryuu's family, specifically how they related to Yhwach and the Stern Ritters. It also would have been fantastic to see some Quincy recruitment or training scenes in the past storyline with Bazz-B and Hashwalth.

6. Of course, what I wanted to see the most were Bleach's most major problems being solved in the conclusion. We still don't know what will happen to the remaining Quincies or Arrancars because there were no plans being made for peace. The Soul Society could be in jeopardy as well since another war could break out at any time. I feel like I've talked about this more in depth elsewhere, but it still remains the one thing I wish I had seen above all else.