• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Tesra x Nnoitra FC [v4]: Higher than the Moon

Reaction score
oh yeah! I hope both back any part of the story. I'd like to see themagain.. I really miss both :nooos..

Reaction score
I miss them too. Five years is a long time to wait; Kubo's pacing is miserable. :-_- On the other hand, Kubo's never confirmed them as being dead-dead, unlike some other characters. That's the same as saying they're still alive as far as his usual story-telling goes.
This character is dead ... oh wait, not dead yet! It's a miracle! :elmo
Kubo has done that so many times that it's not even funny. Being run through a bit is no reason to think they're dead without secondary confirmation, especially now that the surviving Arrancar are supposed to be on the protagonist side. If characters aren't beheaded, blown to pieces, or had a funeral, they're not dead unless Kubo confirms it himself. Which he hasn't done in this case. Unohana was watching Nnoitra fight Zaraki and she had been healing up Arrancar prior to that. There's no reason to think she didn't heal them up, right?

Do you think the Quincy got them? Or are they elsewhere? All the Arrancar are supposed to appear together, if I recall correctly.

Reaction score
Surely a very long time, but I really hope a miracle too.. I'll be so happy, if I can see them again.. I almost cried when the fight between Nnoitra and Zaraki had finished
Well. by the moment I only watched the anime, and here, the manga is translated till #21... I hope soon can read all the manga.. I believe on July will release #22. (although I can read it on Internet, I'll wait to the holidays to do it).. Yeah. It's slow translation of mangas here, I think in the case of Bleach publishing them out every two months

Reaction score
Sounds like it may be a while before you're caught up. I'll try to remember to use spoiler tags if anything exciting happens in the manga, then!

I wouldn't object to a miracle for them. If we compare Nnoitra's battle with Zaraki to when Ichigo was fighting Zaraki, there's an awful lot of parallels to be drawn between Ichigo and Nnoitra (the reactions they have to Zaraki, etc). Essentially Kubo was treating Nnoitra like a protagonist for the duration of that battle, and we know Kubo is almost incapable of killing off protagonists.

Since Zaraki conveniently kicked everyone away from both Tesra and Nnoitra without confirming their deaths, I'd say they were still alive. We know Tesra was still alive last we saw him. Since we know now that
Grimmjow
is still alive and kicking despite last-seen condition, there's no reason to think they have not survived as well.

Yeah, we definitely need one of those miraculous recoveries here. We've seen worse injuries healed up, so it depends on Kubo and where he's going with the story. We still don't know what Nnoitra's powers are supposed to be, so IMO that's a reason to bring both of them back in. Everyone else gets to explain how their powers work, why skip Nnoitra's unless it is important later on?

For that matter I'm not sure that we've seen all of Tesra's powers. What's the with shield he created to protect Nnoitra? That's a fairly unique/special ability to have barrier-creating powers. He's got that, Nnoitra has his Hierro. Interesting that they have similar abilities.

Yomihime

Don Kanonji The Soul King
Reaction score
*takes a deep breath*

Can I join this FC? NnoiTes has always been one of my favorite pairings but in most cases I decide to join my OTPs instead. My love for this pairing has increased over time it seems (for unknown reasons). I will think about it if I'll join Nnoitra FC as well, Minerva :) He seems to be one of the most developed villains in Bleach.

Yomihime

Reaction score
How should I say it? Err... :headscratch

Well, to begin with Nnoitra may look pretty abusive/stern towards Tesla, but when Zaraki sliced his sole Fraccion it turns out that he cares for him a lot which I think one of his few humanizing traits.

Speaking about losing someone you care about, I have watched a movie based on an anime and a scene somehow reminds me of this pairing (and maybe what was more or less in Nnoitra's mind when he died as a human and became a Hollow). The scene may be a bit confusing, I know.

[video=youtube;lf_X-NLUDbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf_X-NLUDbY[/video]

I'm sorry I couldn't even say "goodbye" to you in the end.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, to begin with Nnoitra may look pretty abusive/stern towards Tesla, but when Zaraki sliced his sole Fraccion it turns out that he cares for him a lot which I think one of his few humanizing traits.
That is the important thing in Bleach: to care about others, to protect them. :)

We don't see that with the other Espada. He is the only one shown to protect his Fraccion. I think it completely negates the fact that Nnoitra isn't really the nicest person toward, well, pretty much everyone. Tesra is devoted to him, and we see it goes both ways. Nnoitra cares about him, worries about him, tries to keep him safely off the battlefield (like a certain Hero we could mention). He wants Tesra to be safe.

He even gave Tesra the prey they had been stalking all day, unlike the Vulture Girls we just saw squabbling over the right to kill Zaraki. I have always pictured Grimmjow taking the lion's share of anything his group caught, so the idea of being unselfish with prey is a big deal IMO. I'm sure if asked, Nnoitra would get tsundere and try to hide it by saying he had had a big salad for lunch so he wasn't hungry, but really, he spent all day catching something powerful to give Tesra. That's a lovely present from one Hollow to another. :amuse Who needs chocolate and flowers after that?

Speaking about losing someone you care about, I have watched a movie based on an anime and a scene somehow reminds me of this pairing (and maybe what was more or less in Nnoitra's mind when he died as a human and became a Hollow). The scene may be a bit confusing, I know.

[video=youtube;lf_X-NLUDbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf_X-NLUDbY[/video]

I'm sorry I couldn't even say "goodbye" to you in the end.
I think it is probably like that for most Hollows. Their powers are based on their emotions. Those with the strongest emotions toward what they lost will become the strongest Hollows.

Nnoitra said he was the strongest of the Espada. That says it all for the strength of his feelings toward the only person he is shown to care about. The others simply aren't like that: those with no Fraccion at all, two who devoured their own Fraccion to serve their own needs first and foremost, two who sent their Fraccion off onto the battlefield. Nnoitra hand-picked the person Tesra would fight rather than send him off on his own.

They're so devoted to each other. :love

That video reminds me: after Ulquiorra's backstory and the idea that he was created as a VL, can we be certain that the other Espada were once humans? If one of them was never a human, how could a normal human soul reach a similar level of power? We know Ichigo was created with a particular end result in mind (and I'm really wondering if similar wasn't done to Zaraki as well).

Maybe all these VL are simply an experiment on the nature of bonds between souls: which bond is the strongest?

Yomihime

Reaction score
That is the important thing in Bleach: to care about others, to protect them. :)

We don't see that with the other Espada. He is the only one shown to protect his Fraccion. I think it completely negates the fact that Nnoitra isn't really the nicest person toward, well, pretty much everyone. Tesra is devoted to him, and we see it goes both ways. Nnoitra cares about him, worries about him, tries to keep him safely off the battlefield (like a certain Hero we could mention). He wants Tesra to be safe.

He even gave Tesra the prey they had been stalking all day, unlike the Vulture Girls we just saw squabbling over the right to kill Zaraki. I have always pictured Grimmjow taking the lion's share of anything his group caught, so the idea of being unselfish with prey is a big deal IMO. I'm sure if asked, Nnoitra would get tsundere and try to hide it by saying he had had a big salad for lunch so he wasn't hungry, but really, he spent all day catching something powerful to give Tesra. That's a lovely present from one Hollow to another. :amuse Who needs chocolate and flowers after that?
Well, Harribel cares a lot for her Fraccion's well-being, so it's not only Nnoitra :amuse I don't really count Starrk since Lilynette is part of him. Though if he had any real Fraccion I bet he would be equally caring as well. Anyway, she was shown in tranquil fury after seeing her pseudo-daughters got taken down and was about to deliver a blow to Yamamoto. In other words, they care for their own Fraccion in different way.

Nnoitra didn't exactly keep Tesra out of battlefield, because most of the time he wants to savor all the fight for himself (a good fight, that is). Now that Ichigo's performance disappointed him, he left the rest of the job to Tesra. Indeed, that was really nice of him, giving away his prey like that :) I don't see any Espada would do such thing.

I think it is probably like that for most Hollows. Their powers are based on their emotions. Those with the strongest emotions toward what they lost will become the strongest Hollows.

Nnoitra said he was the strongest of the Espada. That says it all for the strength of his feelings toward the only person he is shown to care about. The others simply aren't like that: those with no Fraccion at all, two who devoured their own Fraccion to serve their own needs first and foremost, two who sent their Fraccion off onto the battlefield. Nnoitra hand-picked the person Tesra would fight rather than send him off on his own.

They're so devoted to each other. :love

That video reminds me: after Ulquiorra's backstory and the idea that he was created as a VL, can we be certain that the other Espada were once humans? If one of them was never a human, how could a normal human soul reach a similar level of power? We know Ichigo was created with a particular end result in mind (and I'm really wondering if similar wasn't done to Zaraki as well).

Maybe all these VL are simply an experiment on the nature of bonds between souls: which bond is the strongest?
Nnoitra was the "strongest" not in power-level sense, as he had at least 4 people stronger than him (and I can't see him defeating any of them). He was the strongest when it comes to his bond with his Fraccion, so strong that it surpassed his peers.

I don't fully get the connection with that video, but honestly Ulquiorra's backstory was so... vague. In my interpretation, he was a VL who banded with another group of VL and was quite shunned in there.

Anyway, what I was trying get is that the black-haired girl in that video saw her friend sacrificed herself (emphasized with crucified pose) to shoulder the misery of all magical girls. And so that girl despaired, thought that her friend was too selfless to protect herself while she's supposed to be her protector. Cursing her uselessness and her Soul Gem fully tainted with despair, she became the eventual form magical girls will take, a "Witch". All of this reminds me the process of a Plus into a Hollow and how Nnoitra "despaired" Tesra's sacrifice. That's why I said that video might be confusing for those who don't know the series :(

Reaction score
Well, Harribel cares a lot for her Fraccion's well-being, so it's not only Nnoitra :amuse I don't really count Starrk since Lilynette is part of him. Though if he had any real Fraccion I bet he would be equally caring as well. Anyway, she was shown in tranquil fury after seeing her pseudo-daughters got taken down and was about to deliver a blow to Yamamoto. In other words, they care for their own Fraccion in different way.
Harribel may not be devouring them, no, but she doesn't precisely show her care either. Commenting after their defeat is not the same as trying to protect them. Her heart still weeps for those she lost in the first place.
june-sm.png
Any female Hollow could stand in for the daughters she lost initially. Her girls are replaceable, and so she does not need to protect them. She can always find more. It's a nicer version of Szayelaporro's statement that he can make a replacement for the Fraccion he devoured. So long as he can make another, he doesn't need to protect the ones he has.

Characters protect what is valuable to them: their hearts. Hollows are Hollow precisely because they lack that which they want to protect. Yet we see Nnoitra protecting someone. So where does Nnoitra's heart lie?
february-sm.png
It's a different bond than the other Espada have with their Fraccion. Nnoitra found what he lost in the first place. Whatever that might mean in the bigger context of the story, of course.

Oh: The situation with Starrk is part of what makes me think all these VL are modified. How exactly could a Hollow have his zanpakutou spirit manifested like that (like Yachiru-chan apparently is)? He would have had to be a Shinigami in the first place, right? :headscratch Maybe Nnoitra really did find the exact person he lost, some sort of planned experiment.

Nnoitra didn't exactly keep Tesra out of battlefield, because most of the time he wants to savor all the fight for himself (a good fight, that is). Now that Ichigo's performance disappointed him, he left the rest of the job to Tesra.
I don't know about that. They sat together to watch Ichigo and plan the attack, and it seems likely that they did same prior to attacking Chad since Tesra didn't pop up until after the initial attack. Was the plan always that Nnoitra would keep any prey, or was Tesra supposed to take over after a certain point? He didn't seem surprised that Nnoitra handed the kid off to him, and we just saw the Vulture Girls tag-teaming to deal with Zaraki in a perfectly-parallel situation.

Especially in HM where the one who makes the kill get the prey, I am inclined to say it was always the plan for Tesra to finish Ichigo (or any other likely strong target) off. He had asked about Chad, after all (essentially repeating Nanao's actions toward Chad one arc earlier).
bleach-1589963.jpg

bleach-11202.jpg

The whole situation with Chad came down to: "Don't waste your strength on small fry like that."
bleach-1589994.jpg

bleach-1589996.jpg
I would say there is a heavy implication that Tesra probably could have handled Ichigo sooner if need be, that he probably is close to if not equal to Nnoitra's strength (like the situation with Ikkaku&Yumichika or Yamamoto&Sasakibe). Nnoitra did choose someone suitable for Tesra to fight, after all.

Battlefields are a dangerous place; Ichigo always pushes his friends aside when it's time to fight. Tesra certainly worries about something happening to Nnoitra even though he does know that under normal circumstances nothing can possibly damage Nnoitra. It goes both ways; Nnoitra doesn't want anything to happen to Tesra either. It's something unique to them out of the antagonist roster. Hero and nakama worry about each other; villains don't (normally).

Nnoitra was the "strongest" not in power-level sense, as he had at least 4 people stronger than him (and I can't see him defeating any of them). He was the strongest when it comes to his bond with his Fraccion, so strong that it surpassed his peers.
Power levels are irrelevant around here. Even if there were four others ranked above him, I don't think there was a real difference in power there. The only thing that is important is the strength of one's bonds, a strong heart (as per vol 54 poem).

If Nnoitra has the strongest bond, that is all that matters as far as power goes.

Anyway, what I was trying get is that the black-haired girl in that video saw her friend sacrificed herself (emphasized with crucified pose) to shoulder the misery of all magical girls. And so that girl despaired, thought that her friend was too selfless to protect herself while she's supposed to be her protector. Cursing her uselessness and her Soul Gem fully tainted with despair, she became the eventual form magical girls will take, a "Witch". All of this reminds me the process of a Plus into a Hollow and how Nnoitra "despaired" Tesra's sacrifice. That's why I said that video might be confusing for those who don't know the series :(
Ah, I'm not at all familiar with that series.

It sounds not unlike Ichigo upset that those he wants to protect (namely his mother and Rukia) are the ones who always protect him. It applies here too: Tesra will always leap to protect Nnoitra without a second thought, and it looks like what Nnoitra wants most is to protect his protector. Cute. :)