• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Supernatural

Reaction score
So I noticed that there has yet to be a thread for the TV Show and I'm wondering who else watches the TV Show? For those who don't know it's a series about hunters of supernatural beings including ghosts, demons, and creatures. It's sort of like Angel but without the main characters having special abilities throughout the first few seasons. The main characters are skilled fighters though and are knowledgeable about supernatural beings. It's a great TV Show so if you have yet to watch the TV Show I recommend it. I don't like it as much as Angel yet but it's still great. The lore is very interesting.

Reaction score
I used to watch it.

It used to be really good. The first two seasons were the simple case of the day kind of episodes, but they were really entertaining.

After the events of second season finale, the third season started to focus more on the main story and not just the case of the day. Some interesting new characters were introduced.

Then, comes the amazing seasons 4 and 5. The plot was really well written and the new characters were all interesting, powerful and well represented by their actors.

But it didn't make any sense to continue the series after season 5. Actually, I believe that Eric Kripke (Supernatural's creator) planned to end the series at that point, but because this was one of the most popular TV Shows of The CW, it wasn't allowed to end. Eric actually left the series after the season 5.

I dropped it around the middle of season 6. I lost all interest in Supernatural after the forced continuation and from what I've read about the events of season 7 and forward, I'm not losing anything good.

Reaction score
We're on Season 5 currently. Knowing that there are many Seasons of Supernatural it does seem somewhat strange that they're matching up against Lucifer in Season 5. However I can see Lucifer being a match up for them for multiple Seasons. Plus there seems to be a civil war in Heaven.

Reaction score
So we're on Season 6. The Demons vs. Angel War in Season 5 is relatively underwhelming. I think that the War should have a lot more build up and I'm thinking that's what they're doing in other Seasons. I love that The Trickster turned out to be Gabriel and it's awesome seeing other Gods.

Reaction score
I have not started the new season but i heard they were renewed for another couple at the end of last season. I will start the new one soon enough and see where they are going with it. But, like Once Upon a Time, this show has exhausted it's capabilities to tell stories of the Supernatural. Now it's going into intricate scandal plots and such and it really just needs to end. But, i do enjoy the series, particularly the first two seasons.

Reaction score
I love Supernatural and I might can agree perhaps it should have ended last season. I didn't really care for season 12 that much, but I did watch it... I am now watching Season 13; and I am not sure what more they can do but tie up loose ends and end it at the end of Season 14; in which I think it will end. They have killed off Crowley and have a new King of Hell (one that I don't really care for). However, the guy that plays Lucifer keeps me in stitches and pretty much carries the show.

Tom2rules

Judgement of the Dead
Reaction score
Yeah...I gotta agree with the notion that the series kinda needs to end at this point. It hit its peak during the earlier seasons by it kinda seems like they're stretching things as it is. I could reasonable believe the escalation of the threats for a decent while, but at this point its kinda getting hard to understand how something worse could come out after the last big threat.

Kinda reminds me of Shonen series where they reach one impossibly large threat, defeat it...then somehow something even worse comes around next arc. Which could work once or twice...but at this point its getting a bit ridiculous.

I still really enjoy the characters and how they mess around (the humor in the series is something I've always liked, even now) but the plotlines they keep finding themselves into is getting a bit too convoluted now (that and the brothers arguing over and over again is getting seriously old).

Reaction score
We're still on break from the series, I think that the War in Season 5 being relatively underwhelming is putting other shows above it on our series to catch up on, but the amount of episodes that there are still to binge watch is awesome. :p