• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Rate the last movie you've seen.

Azley

♣Vor Gebrauch schütteln♣
Reaction score
So what new movies have you seen in the cinema? Rate them here and write what you think about the movie!

The Hobbit 8,5/10

There was barely anything I didn't like about this movie.
So much happened - so many loose threads I want to see continued in the following movies (the dragon, the necromancer , Azog etc.).
At times it felt a bit dragged but not nearly as bad as in the Fellowship of the Ring (I still like that movie but it's my least fav. of the LoT trilogy). The music was great, the setting, the acting and actors (Kili :3) and I also liked the contrast between funny scenes and serious ones.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Olympus Has Fallen--10/10

Was a really good movie. The guy that Gerard Butler played in the movie, did everything he could (and actually did) to save the President from those terrorists. Would see a second time in theatres.

Snitch--9/10

Really good movie. It just proves how a father would do anything for his child to prove their innocence, when the father knows his child is innocent. Can't wait until this movie comes out on DVD so my dad can watch it with the rest of the family.

The Hobbit--10/10

Really, really good movie. Love how a wizard was able to get the hobbit to go on an adventure with a group of dwarves. :) Especially when they set out to reclaim their home. Even got to see it a second time (even though it was on DVD), and enjoyed it the second time just as much as when I saw it the first time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Avengers. I just loved this movie. :D Not deep but a lot of pure fun. Of course, I love movies where the villain steals the show. ;)

I wish there were a good place where I could discuss my favorite characters from this movie, especially Loki. <3

Last edited:

skeletonheart

liveless?
Reaction score
The last movie I've seen is Les Misérables, a musical adaptation of Victor Hugo's novel about the vengeance of Jean Valjean, a man condemned to the penal colony because he stole a loaf of bread to give to his poor sister and nephew. I'm not much of a musical fan, but the actors' amazing performance made this movie quite unique. The only thing I didn't like was the pathos, the tearful scenes of Fantine's downfall, Eponine's plight of seeing Marius courting somebody else, Jean Valjean's inner turmoil, but with themes like social oppression, poverty and exploitation I guess it is inevitable. Luckily there was the performance of Sasha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter as the Thénardiers to lighten up things. Here's the trailer if you're interested {LINK}

Reaction score
I just took my little brother to see the Croods it was adorable and I really liked it.

It had it's comedy, seriousness, family message and love story. But just a solid movie I think

Sorry for the Double post but I just saw Olympus has Fallen.

I give it a 7/10. Very solid action and just so badass. Kinda long but then again I was tired. So probably could make it an 8/10. Tons of action and gore. Scary how it seems it could happen, well similar things

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Last movie you've seen

Since we've got a thread about bad movies we've seen, let's start this one.

Yesterday I watched "Inception". 2 years ago someone suggested I watched it but I refused to because of Di Caprio, whom I don't like because he'll always look to me as the guy from Titanic lol

I was amazed at the pace of action in the movie. I loved it and enjoyed watching it. I couldn't turn my eyes from it. The philosophy behind the action is what makes your brain working whole time despite so many thing going on at the same time.

It was a well spent time, definitely worth watching.

Reaction score
G.I. Joe Retaliation--9/10

Very good movie, but am not happy with how they killed off Channing Tatum's character, Duke. Am happy how Bruce Willis and The Rock's characters were able to contribute to saving the President.. after the girl (on the GI Joe team) was able to figure out the other one was a fake. Would love to see it again, on DVD.

Lady Rukia

Lady of Snow
Reaction score
Lincoln - Spielberg - Pure beauty and excellence 10/10 :D

Daniel Day-Lewis is just a very realistic and amazing Abrahame Lincoln. I watched several times different biographies of Lincoln but this one gets the president right. Day-Lewis shows us a caring man and a someone who has to deal with people who wants to keep slaverism. It shows how difficult to forbid slaverism in the United-States. It's very interesting, really. It shows the whole process of creating a law which will change a whole country forever.

It makes you realize how tough it is to be in a higher place and how you have to convince people. Lincoln had to do some things he wouldn't normally in order to get what he wanted. He might be a right, honnest and clever man, he had to convince people all the time. You can see it was one of the hardest decisions of his life and it shows how much he wanted people to be free.

The story of a great man who changed a whole country, a man as we would love to get nowadays. Lincoln was purely one the best presidents the world ever had. I cried at the end. Instinctively, I knew what was about to happen. I don't cry that much in movies but Lincoln was a great man and sadness took over me while watching his last moments. A great man, really.

Thank you Spielberg, thank you. You are one of the rare who can create such a turmoil in me. Really.

Last edited:

Lord Izanagi

Breaker of Joysticks
Reaction score
The last movie I saw was Snitch. It was a lot better than what I thought it was going to be. Usually movies with Dwayne Johnson are either "hit" or "miss", but this one was a winner in my book. I give it 9/10. Hoping to catch Evil Dead this week.

Tom2rules

Judgement of the Dead
Reaction score
G.I Joe Retaliation. 7/10.

It was a nice action move, cool action scenes and it felt much more serious then the previous one. It was disappointing to see that only three of the actors (And their characters) returned for this film and that they give no explanation why the other characters were not present in the movie at all (Christopher Eccleston's did have a brief reason for his absence, but everyone else didn't even a throwaway line).

Still it was a nice movie, nothing fantastic...but it wasn't goofy as hell this time, kind of like how Snake Eyes didn't have those weird lips on his mask this time.

Although I find it a bit funny, I heard that the film was delayed partially due to Channing Tatum becoming a more famous actor and they wanted to change the film so his character could be around for more squeals...and yet he still died right at the start. :D

Last edited: