• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

One Piece Chapters Discussion Thread Version 2

Reaction score
Just before One Piece returns from its regular break, I was wondering if anyone's been enjoying the latest chapters as I have?

We have the battle picking up the pace, lots of action all around the battlefield, Jinbe vs. Who's Who, the CP0 spilling the beans on Who's Who's background, lore expansion with the mention of the Sun God Nika.

The next chapters should be interesting. :D

Frosty

Spicy
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm posting in the correct thread. But here are the spoilers of chapter 1061 from Reddit. Apparently these spoilers are from a trusted source as well.
Thanks to Etenboby from Worstgen

Chapter Title: Egghead, Island of the Future

-Strawhats are sailing to said island, which belongs to Vegapunk

-A Marine base is located near the island, the Punk Hazard kids, Tashigi and some SWORD members are there

-Helmeppo wants to borrow Seraphims from Vegapunk to save Koby

-Luffy, Jinbe, Chopper and Bonney are separated from the others

-At the end of the chapter, a girl appears and claims to be Vegapunk

-Break Next week

Wano sure did have it's exciting moments like "Roof Piece" as dubbed by members of community. However, I just couldn't bother reading the final chapters. The Joyboy powers or wtv they were showing up in Luffy didn't really excite me as much and I didn't bother reading the rest. However, this being an arc where Vegapunk is involved has me very interested in it. Can't wait to see how Vegapunk actually is like.

As for Helmeppo, he sure has seemingly become good friends with Koby. Don't remember how well established this was in the past but he seemingly does care.

Bonney hasn't really been relevant but her seemingly showing up as a child makes me wonder if she's been experimented upon by Vegapunk. Another thing that points to this is that she holds the title of "The Glutton" however we have never seen her to be actually fat and she's always been in good shape despite that title. Meaning her metabolism has been tampered with directly or is a consequence of Vegapunk's experiments.

Vegapunk making islands with extreme climates his playground seems to be a pattern. If it wasn't explained previously, I'd wager it's to keep people away and thereby making his experiments private.

Seems to be a good incoming chapter. Can't wait.

Also, given the title I sense Vegapunk being bullied for his interest in scientific endeavours. Possibly in his formative years perhaps? This is probably way too shallow. But I wouldn't be surprised about Vegapunk having an elaborate tragic past as well which Oda will likely touch upon given that it's goddamn Vegapunk.

Reaction score
Anyone else here who is up to date on One Piece? I wouldn't mind reinvigorating this discussion thread.
What a coincidence - I've been thinking about sharing some of my thoughts about the latest developments in One Piece here a couple of days ago. :wha

The Egghead Arc, so far, seems to be a collection of very important payoffs that have been planted in the story from the very beginning combined with new story details. It's amazing how this manga withstood the test of time and managed to remain so entertaining overall ever since it's publication debut in 1997.

Reaction score
What a coincidence - I've been thinking about sharing some of my thoughts about the latest developments in One Piece here a couple of days ago. :wha

The Egghead Arc, so far, seems to be a collection of very important payoffs that have been planted in the story from the very beginning combined with new story details. It's amazing how this manga withstood the test of time and managed to remain so entertaining overall ever since it's publication debut in 1997.
It has definitely remained consistent in the quality of its storytelling. I honestly consider Oda to be one of the best storytellers I've ever seen.

And I agree that the Egghead Arc has been payoff after payoff, alongside new twists and curveballs thrown in that enhance everything further.

Reaction score
It has definitely remained consistent in the quality of its storytelling. I honestly consider Oda to be one of the best storytellers I've ever seen.

And I agree that the Egghead Arc has been payoff after payoff, alongside new twists and curveballs thrown in that enhance everything further.

If nothing else, Oda knows how to keep a solid grip on the story and connections between seeds planted a decade ago and the latest chapters as we're moving deeper into the final saga.

And right when another important payoff (from the current, Egghead, arc) began to unravel, a month long break was announced, making us wait to see if the heroes will escape from the Gorosei safely and what the Iron Giant will do.

The long break made me search for theories and thus I ended up listening to what Artur (The Library of Ohara) named "The Biggest One Piece Theory Ever Made". Not everything from this particular theory may end up as true to Oda's canon, but even then, I can only say that even two years after its original publication, so may aspects of that theory do line up with what's been shown, written and implied within the manga throughout the years.

PS (A part of me has a rather silly theory that the Iron Giant is more than a giant robot. Knowing the fascination that several Strawhats share over robots/mecha, maybe the Iron Giant is actually a ship that can transform into a giant robot. :headscratch )

Last edited:
Reaction score
If nothing else, Oda knows how to keep a solid grip on the story and connections between seeds planted a decade ago and the latest chapters as we're moving deeper into the final saga.

And right when another important payoff (from the current, Egghead, arc) began to unravel, a month long break was announced, making us wait to see if the heroes will escape from the Gorosei safely and what the Iron Giant will do.

Well, the break did come shortly after the announcement of Toriyama's passing, so it is for personal health reasons. Personal health concerns were part of the reason why Kubo rushed the ending of TYBW, weren't they?

It will be a wait, but it will be a worthwhile one, both for readers and for the author's health.

Reaction score
I agree and more manga authors should be getting more breaks and rests because health is a priority. Wasn't Oda caught working on the manga back when he's was hospitalised during the earlier days of One Piece?

Knowing how Kubo was among authors who rarely took breaks (apart from the mandatory ones) and how it had a potentially very serious impact on his health, I'm glad that Oda gets a break every three or four weeks of it means that he has a chance to take care of himself better. (On a second thought, apart from the fact that Kubo kept drawing with a broken/cut tendon, didn't he also use to complain about long and never fully healed colds; so, yeah, he wasn't exactly healthy throughout Bleach - it's no wonder he didn't jump into another serialisation soon after he finished writing/drawing Bleach.)

Toriyama's passing surprised people all around the world; I can only imagine how tough it's been for those who were close to him and those who worked with him.