• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

One Piece Chapter Spoilers/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I agree with Lucifer here. Without outside help, Luffy wouldn't be able to defeat Doflamingo.

It's taking Zoro, a bunch of physically strong dwarves and Franky to block the birdcage (just one of Doflamingo's techniques) and so far, they're failing. The birdcage is up there with the strongest techniques in OP.

I am very disappointed with the role Fujitora is playing here. He's supposed to have a very strong consciousness of what's right and wrong. Instead of saving the ailing populace, he is watching the sky. I get that he's bet the fate of thousands of people on Luffy- which is absolutely stupid- regardless, he should at least offer some assistance to stop the birdcage. An admiral is watching idly by as a whole country is being thrown into disarray. Oda's handling of Fujitora has been one of the weakest aspects of Dressrosa.

Reaction score
I am very disappointed with the role Fujitora is playing here. He's supposed to have a very strong consciousness of what's right and wrong. Instead of saving the ailing populace, he is watching the sky. I get that he's bet the fate of thousands of people on Luffy- which is absolutely stupid- regardless, he should at least offer some assistance to stop the birdcage. An admiral is watching idly by as a whole country is being thrown into disarray. Oda's handling of Fujitora has been one of the weakest aspects of Dressrosa.

Someone on another forum address Fujitora, and why it makes sense, and I think the explanation is entirely true:

AlephOne said:
As for Fujitora, I know how you feel. Once the Birdcage started and he ordered his men to deal with the SHs instead of Doffy, I was like "Jesus Christ dude, you call yourself an admiral?!" His portrayal as a citizen-loving character didn't help that impression at all; in fact, it made him look like a hypocrite. Since then though, I've re-watched a couple of Dressrosa episodes, specifically the ones where he and Viola make references to the citizens' angry - rather than sad - voices and I realized: he's not not doing anything because he can't be bothered, but because he's banking on it all going to hell and the SHs cleaning it all up. It's his way of gathering hard evidence that the Shichibukai system is a bad one. If he were to attack Doffy now, it wouldn't change anything - the WG would simply install a new Shichibukai. By waiting until the dust clears, the whole world will know the depths of Doffy's scumbaggery and how the Marines did nothing to stop it (that part is crucial, because it's a consequence of the immunity that the WG grants the Shichibukai), how it had to be dealt with by pirates. This will shake the people's confidence in the WG so badly that they'll be forced to disband the Shichibukai - or at least, that's what Fuji hopes.

Fujitora is a citizen-loving person, and he's indeed betting on the Straw Hats (he could do worse), and he knows that the Shichibukai are a threat to the World Government's actual "practice what you preach" system of Justice. He's standing around not because he wants to or doesn't care, but because he needs a Pirate to defeat a Pirate (since the Admirals are technically on the same side as the Shichibuakai), to make a mockery out of the system so that it gets disbanded.

Reaction score
I don't think Luffy needs that much help against Doflamingo if Doflamingo doesn't have any help against Luffy. At this point I can agree that Doflamingo may be slightly more powerful than Luffy, but both have had help. However Doflamingo still has some energy left, which is why I can agree that he may be slightly more powerful than Luffy.

Reaction score
He's standing around not because he wants to or doesn't care, but because he needs a Pirate to defeat a Pirate (since the Admirals are technically on the same side as the Shichibuakai), to make a mockery out of the system so that it gets disbanded.

And let many people die, leave countless injured and watch passively as immeasurable loss of property takes place? That's the definition of hypocrisy.

I took Fujitora for a man with strong sense of justice who would not sacrifice 10 for the good of 1000. But his sense of justice, if it is as you put it- a priority of greater good over smaller concerns- then, it's no different from the absolute justice of Akainu. His characterization thus would become that of a poor man's Akainu.

[censored]

too hot for the madhouse
Reaction score
I think Luffy has to defeat Doflamingo. After an entire arc of buildup, I would be kinda miffed if anything else happens. I think Fujitora is just waiting and watching how things play out. I think he will dole out justice to Doflamingo at the end.

Obe

マグマ小僧
Reaction score
And let many people die, leave countless injured and watch passively as immeasurable loss of property takes place? That's the definition of hypocrisy.

I took Fujitora for a man with strong sense of justice who would not sacrifice 10 for the good of 1000. But his sense of justice, if it is as you put it- a priority of greater good over smaller concerns- then, it's no different from the absolute justice of Akainu. His characterization thus would become that of a poor man's Akainu.

I agree with this sentiment and disagree. We've already seen how angry he is at the fact that he simply can't do anything. It hurts him inside but as the previous poster said he needs a Pirate to beat a Pirate. Him taking Doflamingo into custody does nothing because Doflamingo will just be set free. With everything that has taken place at least he is building up evidence, and witnesses, against him.

Lets not forget that CPO is there somewhere. I'm sure they;d report back if Fujitora did something outside of parameters.

Forbidden Tale

I am Shane.
Reaction score
793 Tiger and Dog
Cover page: Chopper can’t tell apart a tengu, Pinocchio, and Usopp.

As Fujitora bows his head, King Riku tells him to raise his head.
Fujitora says he doesn’t mind the world seeing this, what’s important is to let them know the truth.
If it is us that let the Pirate be loose in this kingdom, what right do we have to preach justice?
This victory was won by pirates, warriors, and the citizens of this nation.

Kyros salutes the Tontatta warriors, and disbands their squad.
He tells them to go to the palace to help the king out.

Riku knows Marines are in a tight position, and orders Tank to shelter the pirates and warriors in the palace (so the marines won’t have to arrest them)

Meanwhile in Mariejois
Sakazuki learns that Doflamingo leaving the Shichibukai as well as the false news was by the order of the Gorousei.
He questions them why the whole world had to play fool to Doflamingo’s whim, and asks them to never do this again.
The Gorousei tells him to stop being a brat, and that they’re not concerned with saving marines’ face.
They left this operations at the hands of CP.
Sakazuki guesses that even the Gorousei was played by the Celestial Dragons’ puppets, and they tell him to shut up.
The Gorousei turns the tables on Sakazuki, blaming him for Kuzan lending his hands to Blackbeard, but Sakazuki replies whatever the idiot does doesn’t concern him since he left the marines.

As the argument heats up, a marine reports the incident in Dressrosa. On how Straw Hat Luffy and Law defeated Doflamingo and fall of Dressrosa.
The gorousei mutters “That kid again…”
But the news didn’t end there….

Somewhere in the new world…
With Joker fallen, a kingdom loses its ability to arm itself. A king regretfully surrenders.
Soldiers on the battlefield rejoices at the end of war, while pirates are concerned with the money they already paid to Joker.
They know the weapons are still there in Dressrosa, and wants to go rob them, but his crew stops him as an Admiral still is there in Dressrosa.
Brokers scream at the lack of SMILE and devil fruits to trade, and stomp on wanted pictures of Luffy and Law in anger.
It’s all their fault!!

Meanwhile, VA Tsuru’s ship sails the ocean.
Certain someone while eating rice crackers says how Otsuru has been after this pirate crew for years.
Tsuru returns “yeah, on your orders.” to the man (obviously Garp)

In a city elsewhere, Bonney stole pizza as an old woman, and eats it as a little child.
She reads the newspaper, and congratulates Law & Luffy. As a fellow rookie their actions made her happy.

Meanwhile, Urouge is above the clouds, tending to his wounds when a mysterious someone appears behind him…

Capone on his deck comments on the news, saying his friends are doing well.
He orders his men to make sure to bring Ceasar home.
(He calls Luffy and Law nakama and he’s out to get Ceasar, perhaps Law had already contacted Capone as an ally?)

Kid’s alliance is dining while hearing the news.
Doflamingo is tied to Kaidou, which means they must be after him…
Good thing our targets didn’t overlap, Killer says. Our target is…. Red Hair Shanks!

and pictures:

PH9Rgg3.png

3c6d55fbb2fb431644ae46b625a4462308f7d34c.jpg

PQG4qFn.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hell that was a lot of informations, cant wait for future plots...

Status
Not open for further replies.