• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Nnoitra FC [v4]: Pray for the Mantis

Reaction score
^ Thanks for sharing! It's nice to get a look at the whole image. You're right that even though it's just fan art, it's great to see it there. It's also nice to know that he's still relevant and popular with the fans. I love the unique stylization!

Reaction score
^ So cool, it does kinda look like him! :wha I guess he is still with us even if Kubo seems done with him.

My books finally showed up so here's the one image from 13 Blades:
13blades-nnoitra.png
It is just a fanart, but it's still nice that a fanart of him was included at all. Kon's comment says he looks scary. :rofl

Haha you bet he's scary Kon!!!!:rofl It's a nice fanart! Great to know there are still Nnoitra fans in Japan too!!! :D

Reaction score
GUYS GUYS!!!!! Spoilers for Bleach chapter 643 below.

tumblr_nusv2ttFN91txjxipo1_1280.jpg

SO I was super excited to see Szayel make an appearance this chapter! I thought it was really cleaver to have him be a part of Mayuri's conscience instead of just bringing him back as a zombie or something. And do you guys know who is still on the battlefield who would totally have flashbacks/hallucinations of Nnoitra????? NELIEL. This chapter gives me big hopes for some Nnoitra panels through Neliel in the future! :excitement

Reaction score
I don't think anything Nnoitra had ever said to her would come back to haunt her like we see with Szayelaporro. The extent of remembering him seems to be that her scar aches around him. Zaraki might remember though since he seems to have fond memories of his worthy opponents.

Personally I am still pinning hopes on a connection to Senjumaru. I think it's obvious at this point that her work is probably the basis for the Nemuri Project, else Kubo is going to have come up with a really random reason why Mayuri would know her after spending umpteen chapters on Mayuri's precious creation. If she is confirmed to have built an artificial soul -- or better yet, tried to create an artificial Shinigami -- the same way Nemu is essentially Mayuri's artificial clone, Nnoitra is the only character who resembles Senjumaru. Their horns, their personalities, the fact that Senjumaru's soldiers are wearing what looks suspiciously like a black version of Nnoitra's uniform. Kubo doesn't really do coincidences. :fu

That would certainly open up some options for him to reappear if that happens. We are still missing two SWP, the original Ouken (which was most likely created by Senjumaru since she made Ichigo's Ouken-clothing), and various parts of the SK. Could this be what Kubo had mentioned having in mind for Nnoitra?

Reaction score
I don't think anything Nnoitra had ever said to her would come back to haunt her like we see with Szayelaporro. The extent of remembering him seems to be that her scar aches around him. Zaraki might remember though since he seems to have fond memories of his worthy opponents.
Normally I would agree with you, but since Mayuri (someone with very few genuine emotions) was affected by Szayel's words I can see Neliel being affected by Nnoitra's. Specifically if she finds herself being defeated by one of the more loud/battle loving Sternritters (like The Miracle), it wouldn't be unreasonable for her to think back on Nnoitra's words of "How does it feel to be beaten by that very same beast?" Also people have brought up that her relationship with Grimmjow is similar (though not exact) to her relationship with Nnoitra, so I believe a flash back could come out of that as well.

Personally I am still pinning hopes on a connection to Senjumaru. I think it's obvious at this point that her work is probably the basis for the Nemuri Project, else Kubo is going to have come up with a really random reason why Mayuri would know her after spending umpteen chapters on Mayuri's precious creation. If she is confirmed to have built an artificial soul -- or better yet, tried to create an artificial Shinigami -- the same way Nemu is essentially Mayuri's artificial clone, Nnoitra is the only character who resembles Senjumaru. Their horns, their personalities, the fact that Senjumaru's soldiers are wearing what looks suspiciously like a black version of Nnoitra's uniform. Kubo doesn't really do coincidences. :fu

That would certainly open up some options for him to reappear if that happens. We are still missing two SWP, the original Ouken (which was most likely created by Senjumaru since she made Ichigo's Ouken-clothing), and various parts of the SK. Could this be what Kubo had mentioned having in mind for Nnoitra?
Wasn't Hikifune the one who developed the mod soul? Either way I agree that Senjumaru's design is too close to Nnoitra's to be a coincidence. Hahaha Oh man can you imagine how odd (yet awesome) it would be for Nnoitra to be a secret war potential???!!!

Reaction score
Normally I would agree with you, but since Mayuri (someone with very few genuine emotions) was affected by Szayel's words I can see Neliel being affected by Nnoitra's. Specifically if she finds herself being defeated by one of the more loud/battle loving Sternritters (like The Miracle), it wouldn't be unreasonable for her to think back on Nnoitra's words of "How does it feel to be beaten by that very same beast?" Also people have brought up that her relationship with Grimmjow is similar (though not exact) to her relationship with Nnoitra, so I believe a flash back could come out of that as well.
Mayuri and Szayelaporro are very much alike though; I can see why such words would affect Mayuri.

On the other hand, the emphasis was always that Nelliel was nothing like Nnoitra. She and Nnoitra were always at odds because she never understood him. Even as you say, Grimmjow has taken Nnoitra's place as being Nelliel's annoying little brother. The one thing that does connect Grimmjow and Nelliel is the damage Nnoitra has done to each of them. IMO rather than a flashback or other hallucination, it might be interesting for Nnoitra himself to reappear before him. :D At the very least, Urahara really should explain how he was able to repair the damage to both of them. Such an explanation would of course have to mention Nnoitra in some way, you know, explain the peculiarities of damage caused by him, what needed to be done to patch it up, etc. We never did get a proper explanation of why breaking Nelliel's mask caused her to chibify when that didn't happen to any other Arrancar whose mask broke. Clearly Nnoitra's powers caused it by some means. The question of course is, what are his powers supposed to do?

Wasn't Hikifune the one who developed the mod soul? Either way I agree that Senjumaru's design is too close to Nnoitra's to be a coincidence. Hahaha Oh man can you imagine how odd (yet awesome) it would be for Nnoitra to be a secret war potential???!!!
Yes, Kirio is the one whose work led to the modsouls -- the idea of inserting power into another soul such that this soul would increase its power. Fwiw, if Senjumaru does have a clone around, Kirio probably does as well. I'd like to think the ladies collaborated on some project or other if they were both building weapons of mass destruction. :uhuh

I would really like to see him as one of the remaining SWP. Kubo has to get that in soon, so perhaps it does connect to the issue of how Senjumaru knows Mayuri. If she built the original Ouken as a clone of herself, that should make said Ouken SWP-worthy. That is essentially the SK's main power, to bestow the Ouken power on others. A physical living Key would almost have to be part of the SK then, wouldn't it? :wha Kinda funny that it would make Nnoitra related to Yhwach.

Reaction score
SO I was super excited to see Szayel make an appearance this chapter! I thought it was really cleaver to have him be a part of Mayuri's conscience instead of just bringing him back as a zombie or something. And do you guys know who is still on the battlefield who would totally have flashbacks/hallucinations of Nnoitra????? NELIEL. This chapter gives me big hopes for some Nnoitra panels through Neliel in the future!

I'd love to see that too! I do agree with Minerva that Nel really never understood Nnoitra, though. It's true that she meant well, but the whole time she was trying to help him she was actually backing him into a corner by destroying his pride and ideals when his self confidence needed to be built up instead. From his point of view, he had no choice but to attack her (not that I agree with it but I understand why he did it). Perhaps a new flashback with Nnoitra could remedy this by putting Nel into a similar situation with her back against the wall. Then she could finally understand him.

I'm still iffy about Nnoitra fully returning. On the one hand, you can't deny it would be awesome, but on the other, he did get the kind of death he always wanted and bringing him back would take his greatest wish away. That and I still think he'd be a huge liability. It would have to be a Gremmy-type situation where they'd just turn him loose and run as he destroys everything in his path.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this image. He's wearing an entirely different kind of hood. Overall, this is exactly how I'd imagine him dressing in the world of the living.

Reaction score
I found a nice Gree card showing Nnoitra. I want to share it for the fans of this character:

tumblr_po6b13IRRf1vdad3ro1_640.jpg