• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

My Hero Academia

Reaction score
Pretty good chapter for Boku No Hero Academia.

I usually like conversations between All Might and Midoriya because they have amazing character chemistry. The introduction of a new student being Shinsou’s character is also awesome because he’s one of the most intriguing characters outside of the main characters.

I give that chapter a 7.4/10 (rounding to a 7/10). :p

Reaction score
Chapters 194 and 195

Chapter 194 "Wingtery Sky! U.A. High"

This was a fun and inspirational chapter.

The inspirational part comes from All Might's and Midoriya's conversation. I love the artwork where previous OFA holders reach for Midoriya, providing support and proving that he's not alone. It appears that Midoriya is the first to interact with OFA Progenitor. Nana is a fantastic character, which is why I'm grateful whenever she appears. This time again, her speech/lesson was excellent.

Moving to the fun part of the chapter, it was hilarious to see Aizawa getting a taste of his own medicine. He teased All Might about meeting with Midoriya, but when Midoriya honestly pointed out how Shinsou was seen with Aizawa several times as well, sourly changed the topic to the upcoming training session. What a sore looser, haha. :p

It's great to see Class 1-B again; they have really interesting costumes. It should be a fun training session, especially since Shinsou was invited to show the fruits of his special training.

Chapter 195 "Clash! Class A vs. Class B"

This was an excellent chapter in my opinion. :)

Sure, there was a lot of dialogue, but Horikoshi had to explain the battle training rules in detail in order to properly focus on the upcoming match-ups. Not to mention that Shinsou's speech where he reaffirms his motivation to become a great hero was an excellent read. The teams look very good which is why I hope that Horikoshi doesn't skip too much through the match-ups.

Midoriya's team is going to go up against both Monoma and Shinsou. It was so fun when he accepted the challenge and pulled out a notebook to make new notes. :p Horikoshi had to have All Might point out that Class B honed their skills off-panel, but that was actually obvious. They're going to U.A, taking the same classes as Class A and it's safe to assume that they also gathered some experience through internships. I hope they win at least half of the matches with one of the matches ending up as a tie, even though I find myself cheering for quite a number of characters from Class A teams.

Finally, Shinsou's and Tsuburaba's special moves are great. :D I'm sad to see Kouda trapped like that so soon and Tsuyu and Kirishima out of the fight for a moment or two. Lets see what Shinso and Kaminari can do.

Reaction score

As a competitor I like chapters with competitions like that and having Shinso on both teams is an intriguing way to even it out and see which class he clicks with more. At first I figured that class a wins match ups 3, 4, and 5 however with Shinso on team b for match up 5 I can somewhat see team b winning that match up and team a winning match up 1 or 2.

I give that chapter a 7.9/10 (rounding to an 8/10).

Reaction score

It is awesome how that mangaka is able to introduce aspects to abilities without it seeming like forced retcon. An awesome entertaining match up. I like that Asui is not only strategic however also accountable which is another hero aspect. Both teams in that match up are doing awesome. Team b is beastly. I like that Kaminari’s abilities are getting credit.

Reaction score
Chapter 196 "Go, Shinso-kun!"

This was an exciting chapter!

Such a dynamic first match-up has me hopeful that Horikoshi dedicates at least 2.5 - 3 chapters to each battle training fight. :) Basically every student involved had their time to shine (even Shiozaki who caught Kirishima off-panel, while Hiryu Rin was guarding Class B's capture cell). Shishida was impressive, Shinso showed potential, Kosei improved his Quirk, Kaminari showed initiative, tenacity and resolve, while Tsuyu made a comeback, Kouda transformed his fear of bugs into a new special move and Kirishima... Well, if he and Kouda don't break out of the capture cell (nowhere did it say that it's against rules), at least he had a number of impressive moments in the Overhaul arc. :p

Reaction score

What an awesome fun match up. I like that all of the characters are getting credit for that team victory. With Kaminari’s abilities being so potent it automatically put the opponents at somewhat of a disadvantage. The same with Shinso’s abilities. However those abilities are potent in different ways meaning that the opponents couldn’t simply apply the same strategies to both characters. Asui’s strategic abilities shine yet again.

Reaction score
Chapter 197

This was an exciting chapter! :D

Basically every student had their time to shine and use their Quirks in an interesting way. Class B fought bravely and relied on team's cohesiveness and a solid strategy, but Class A won in the end. Shinsou broke Class B's communication and Kaminari thought of a turning point tactics. Still, Tsu-chan was Class A's key player in my opinion. She came up with plans, adapted them, fought on the front lines and provided necessary support as well. It may be weird, but I'm simultaneously sad that Class B lost and happy that Class A won. Hopefully Horikoshi doesn't skip matches 2, 3 and 4 (or reduce them to a handful of panels) just to get to the 5th one. It's been a while since we saw some of those characters (for example Iida :XD ) in full action.

Reaction score

I like that each of the characters are getting sort of a report card for each of their abilities because it makes it more exciting to see those characters train. A funny chapter also and an intriguing match up because of the potential teamwork and also characterization.

I give that chapter a 7.4/10 (rounding to a 7/10).

Reaction score
Chapter 198

This was such a fun chapter with a lot of good dialogue and character interactions.

It's good that teams get to self-reflect on what they did good and what they can improve and train for in the future. It was also a nice info to have Aizawa say how it took him 6 years to master the fighting style combined with his binding cloth. There's a bright future in front of Shinsou - he just has to work hard for it and he's already a formidable team asset in this setting.

I like that Horikoshi included a panel where other teams prepare strategies for their match-ups. When it comes to the match number 2, the short pre-fight discussion was fun. It set fun rivalries between Kendo and Yaoyorozu as well as Tokoyami and Kuroiro. I'm looking forward to how Aoyama, Tooru, Manga and Komori can contribute. I find myself cheering for both classes! :D Kuroiro vs. Tokoyami is a very interesting match-up. Are we about to see fruits of Tokoyami's internship at Hawks' office and his new technique? If so, the next chapter should be great! :XD

Reaction score

Hawks carrying Tokoyami for some reason is hilarious. As one of the most intriguing characters it’s awesome to see some fresh action from Tokoyami.

I give that chapter a 7/10.