• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Last Chapter Of Bleach (Chapter 686)

Reaction score
Who else was both satisfied and not satisfied at the same time when they finished reading the manga?

First of all disappointing how Ichigo didn't use bankai getsuga tenshou when he defeated Yhwach but that's a few chapters before the last one...

I love how it was Aizen speaking in the end and admitting that he respected Ichigo that part was good and I sort of liked it being a cycle with Ichigo's kid turning into a soul reaper when meeting Rukia's kid but I sort of wish they didn't skip 10 years ahead so quickly. The pairings are what they are and the drawings of the kids are pretty cute too, but I felt like something was missing. Maybe if Ichigo was in his soul reaper form and visited Rukia becoming a captain that would've been cool or if it showed what happened to Urahara and crew or if it ended with Ichigo going with Rukia to fight a small time hollow or something again.

I don't know I both liked it and didn't like it. It left me wanting more!!

Reaction score
The manga was severely cut and therefore I will wait until the last manga part has been fully turned into an anime with saying what I think. It is hard to judge an incomplete story.

I am glad that the battle against Yhwach was not "Getsuga Tenchou", hack and slash and who is able to use the most fireworks but something more intelligent. We had some really powerful battles of that kind and at least I welcomed it to have something different that also looks at the overall history of Bleach.

The anime will continue to fill gaps. The manga did not show any real aftermath, something I regretted very much. We also have this special manga chapter - there is so much room for more!

Reaction score
The manga was severely cut and therefore I will wait until the last manga part has been fully turned into an anime with saying what I think. It is hard to judge an incomplete story.

I am glad that the battle against Yhwach was not "Getsuga Tenchou", hack and slash and who is able to use the most fireworks but something more intelligent. We had some really powerful battles of that kind and at least I welcomed it to have something different that also looks at the overall history of Bleach.

The anime will continue to fill gaps. The manga did not show any real aftermath, something I regretted very much. We also have this special manga chapter - there is so much room for more personally hope for the
I actually prefer a final battle with a lot of “fireworks”. Something like how this Bleach fanfic played out the final battle of the arc: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10937631/92/Thousand-Year-Blood-War

Reaction score
I skipped through that last chapter - some in it also connected with me. :)

Fireworks can indeed be great but I want more than that. I think because Tite Kubo had to cut so much, a lot has been lost, especially more personal, character scenes.

Hopefully the end result in the anime will fill in these gaps and leave a more complete story.