• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Kubo's 4 Levels of Secrets (Establishable Theories) [V.3]

Reaction score
Since we know that the dead captain went to Hell to maintain the balance between the Realms. I wonder if the Sternritter went hell. The Quincy and the Quincified-Arrancars had captain class reiatsu.

Reaction score
Since we know that the dead captain went to Hell to maintain the balance between the Realms. I wonder if the Sternritter went hell. The Quincy and the Quincified-Arrancars had captain class reiatsu.

That's something I've been anticipating ever since the Hell Arc chapter was released. While the Konso Reisai is reserved for Captains of the Gotei 13, it is unlikely the rule involving Spirit Class is exclusive to Shinigami Captains. Not just Sternritter, but Espada as well.

To add to the theory, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out all Quincy souls are sent to Hell eventually, as a way to keep Quincy souls from being reincarnated in the Living World outside established Quincy bloodlines.

Reaction score
I think a good question is, who is actually running hell. The Shinigami? Someone else we haven't met yet?

That the Shinigami removed the natural predator of Hollows on the world of the living and refused any co-operation is their mistake. It is not in the interest of the Shinigami to allow Quincies to be reincarnated in the world of the living but if hell is first of all about punishing bad souls, labelling all Quincies as bad souls is just wrong. Not to the Shinigami, of course - meaning their leadership.

After learning about the practise to dump souls that are supposedly too powerful to be allowed anywhere else into hell, I see that I was naive. Hell is not a place of justice because this is definitely not just.

I still don't see that Quincy souls can survive being harvested by Yhwach. But I don't know for sure. Maybe there are Quincy souls after death.

Reaction score
I think a good question is, who is actually running hell. The Shinigami? Someone else we haven't met yet?

That the Shinigami removed the natural predator of Hollows on the world of the living and refused any co-operation is their mistake. It is not in the interest of the Shinigami to allow Quincies to be reincarnated in the world of the living but if hell is first of all about punishing bad souls, labelling all Quincies as bad souls is just wrong. Not to the Shinigami, of course - meaning their leadership.

After learning about the practise to dump souls that are supposedly too powerful to be allowed anywhere else into hell, I see that I was naive. Hell is not a place of justice because this is definitely not just.

I still don't see that Quincy souls can survive being harvested by Yhwach. But I don't know for sure. Maybe there are Quincy souls after death.

Who runs Hell is definitely a major question. "Can't Fear Your Own Question" all but stated Hell pre-dates at least the Soul Society and Hueco Mundo, and that the fifth, unnamed Noble House wanted to put a "lid" over the pit that would become Hell. Given the fifth Noble House wanted a "lid" over Hell, it's unlikely they are the rulers of Hell.

My guess is that it is someone from the Original World who was "left behind" when it was separated into the Soul Society, the Living World, and Hueco Mundo. The prospect is terrifying because it'd need to be someone powerful enough to keep all the former Gotei 13 Captains in line, particularly the first generation.

We know wicked souls are sent to Hell, so it appears to still serve in that capacity somewhat. However, the Cycle of Souls is firmly under the control of the Shinigami. The Soul King is the center of it, and Squad Zero controls the Soul King.

Namely, Ichibe. He said so himself. He is the one who chose the "name" of all things in Soul Society. I wouldn't be surprised if he named and created the Konso Reisai.

After all, Quincy destroy Hollows, while the first of the Shiba Clan wanted a system for purifying Hollow souls instead. Within that system, destroying Hollows instead of purifying them might qualify as a "sin" worthy of condemnation to Hell.

As far as Quincy souls are concerned, I believe it is his own soul fragment that Yhwach specifically reclaims from Quincy who die. The Quincy live their life, cultivating power, knowledge, skills and talents which would also be imprinted upon the soul fragment. The same goes for the Schrifts he bestows.

Consider that Mayuri had studied 2661 Quincy over the course of his "studies". We know for certain Soken died while fighting a group of Hollows, and his soul was later claimed by Mayuri for his studies. At what point would Soken's soul fragment be claimed by Yhwach? His first death in the Living World, or when he dies as a spirit?

Reaction score
Namely, Ichibe. He said so himself. He is the one who chose the "name" of all things in Soul Society.

Speaking of Ichibe'e, a rather strange theory came to my mind recently.

We know that Ichibe'e chose the name of everything in Soul Society, just like you said. Can we actually trust him that he really gave Rukia and Renji the true names of their Bankai? Isn't there a sliver of doubt that he actually gave them the names that best suited Soul Society (Royal Palace, Ichibe'e himself).

There is a precedent that different names result in different power manifestations: Yumichika has a faux and his actual Shikai thanks to that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Speaking of Ichibe'e, a rather strange theory came to my mind recently.

We know that Ichibe'e chose the name of everything in Soul Society, just like you said. Can we actually trust him that he really gave Rukia and Renji the true names of their Bankai? Isn't there a sliver of doubt that he actually gave them the names that best suited Soul Society (Royal Palace, Ichibe'e himself).

There is a precedent that different names result in different power manifestations: Yumichika has a faux and his actual Shinigami thanks to that.
Personally, I think the only thing he seems shady about is anything regarding the Soul King and maintaining the status quo. The names he gave everything seem genuine.

Reaction score
@ Polgarena

Ichibe'e and the rest of Squad Zero took certain people who are very powerful with them, not only to save their lives but looking for ways to enhance their abilities. Already when I read the manga, I wondered - Where is the catch? Yhwach bound the Stern Ritters to him by letting them drink his blood. Ichigo but especially Renji, Rukia and Byakuya had the blood treatment. Especially Byakuya had his natural blood taken and replaced with something artificial.

It made the whole group stronger and awoke new powers. What I am also seeing is that a lot of powerful Shinigami could have unused potentials they will never discover because there is nobody among them who is able to discover them, to guide them.

Looking at Kenpachi, his full potential was denied for a long time on purpose because even Yamamoto was afraid of him. Shinigami should be powerful but not too powerful. But now that the Quincy threat is that strong, these rules have been relaxed a lot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted here on these forums, but I've been around since the old days. Cour 2 has gotten me back into the Bleach mood, and now I make my return with a theory involving a certain Quincy that could have some huge implications if it turns out to be the case. On paper it sounds really wild and ridiculous, but upon taking a step back and looking at the clues presented, it makes you stop and think "Hmmm, could there be something more to this?". The theory in question.......

Liltotto is the daughter of Shinji, and a Soul King candidate. This idea originated from a Reddit post that was basically just a meme/joke about how Liltotto is the secret love child of Shinji due to how similar they look. As people began to comment though, it unironically started to seem kind of plausible with some of the things that were brought up and pointed out. The top comment there was mine. Still surprised it got that many upvotes. So what are the potential connections between them?

- Hollows are known for their ravenous hunger and need to devour souls. That hunger aspect could have transferred to Liltotto and manifested in the form of her Glutton powers. Since the Hollow side of Shinji was stabilized, maybe that made it so he would be able to have a child with a Quincy without it leading to their souls being destroyed because the Hollow part of his soul is contained, so it doesn't come into contact with his partner's soul. This would also explain how Liltotto is able to eat parts of an Arrancar's Resurrection in the CFYOW light novel and be perfectly fine, something that should poison her due to them containing Hollow reiatsu.

- If she is the daughter of Shinji, a Vizard, then this would potentially make her a Soul King candidate. She would have Quincy, Shinigami, Hollow, and human in her. This could tie into something from the CFYOW light novel. In it, it's revealed that Gremmy and Liltotto had a friendly relationship. Being a piece of the Soul King, perhaps the reason Gremmy was drawn to her is because she reminds him of the Soul King.

- People have always found it strange that someone as smart as Liltotto would decide to do something so dumb like attack Yhwach when she had no hope of beating him. Like what was she realistically expecting to happen? If she's a Soul King candidate, then it makes a little more sense why she was confident in taking on Yhwach and thinking she could actually do something. If she's aware of her heritage, she might have been banking on the possibility that her nature as a Soul King candidate might allow her to disrupt his Almighty somehow. Perhaps her plan in confronting Yhwach towards the end was to try to eat him and absorb the Soul King powers he had taken. The fight between Liltotto and Yhwach was off-screened in the manga, but maybe they'll actually show it in the anime, and if she is a hybrid that could be where it's revealed.

- Shinji was known to be flirtatious with women, so he's not unusual that he might have been in a relationship before. He was in the world of the living for 100 years. That's a long time in which he could have met someone and had a relationship with them. Shinji's new theme from the TYBW anime possibly hints at this as well. The lyrics are kind of sad, but if you listen closely to it, they talk about a prior relationship with someone, who then either broke up with them or is no longer around (died from the Auswahlen maybe?). That same theme plays in the latest episode with Pepe, who ends up being eaten by Liltotto, in a way kind of making it her theme too, creating a connection between father and daughter.

- If Shinji is the one singing it and it's about a personal experience from his own life, Liltotto could be the result of that prior relationship he had, her mother possibly being a mixed blood Quincy he met somewhere. The Vizards were hiding in the Karakura Town area, and Katagiri wasn't the only mixed blood Quincy working at the Ishida mansion as a servant, so it could have been one of them. Those other servants all probably had families of their own too and not just Katagiri.

- If Liltotto's mother was from Karakura Town though, that brings up the question of how Liltotto was recruited before Uryu and not at the same time, even though the two would have been from the same area. If her mother was one of the servants at the Ishida mansion, then Uryu and Liltotto probably would have known each other growing up due to their mothers being in the same workplace, possibly even being childhood friends. Liltotto does not seem to recognize Uryu though, which means her mother and where she grew up was probably from somewhere other than Karakura Town.

- During their 100 years in the world of the living, the Vizards probably had to move around a lot to stay hidden from Aizen. If they stayed in one place for too long it might eventually attract his attention, and also people would eventually start to get suspicious if a group of people living in their town never seemed to age. It could have been while they were hiding in some other country like England or France, and that's where Shinji met Liltotto's mother. When they parted, he might not have known that she was pregnant, so Shinji isn't aware that he has a daughter. Liltotto's mother might not even be aware of her Quincy heritage either, being the descendant of one rather than a pure blooded Quincy. This would of course make her a mixed blood Quincy, meaning she would have died in the Auswahlen. Perhaps Liltotto also secretly has a goal of wanting to avenge her mother, which would be something she shares in common with Uryu.

- This also presents a reason why Shinji never went to go visit his daughter and her mother. If Aizen did manage to locate the Vizards, and noticed one of them constantly visiting a particular woman and her child, he would very easily be able to connect the dots. If Aizen were to discover that there is another child of a Hollow/Shinigami hybrid and a Quincy out there in the world of the living besides Ichigo, he would definitely take an interest in them and want to get his hands on them to turn them. They'll become a test subject for his experiments. By being a part of their lives, Shinji would only be endangering Liltotto and her mother, so he stayed away for their own good.

- Lastly, a fun but cute detail I noticed with Liltotto. Shinji's whole theme is things being backwards or inverted from how they normally are. There is one detail about Liltotto's design that is like this as well. When it comes to the heart thing that their bows come out of, the Bambis all either wear it on their left hip (Candice and Giselle), or on their front as their belt buckle (Meninas and Bambietta). Liltotto is the only one that wears hers on her back, an unusual spot that sets her apart from the others. Like Shinji, something about her is backwards or inverted from how it normally would be. Since her bow holder is on her back, you could literally say that for her it's "ass backwards", a phrase that Shinji even uses during his fight with Bambietta.

So what do you all think of this theory? Have I potentially discovered one of Kubo's Level 4 Secrets about Liltotto that he is possibly going to reveal in the anime, or am I talking nonsense?

Last edited: