• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Ishida Uryuu Fan Club: Prince of Light, Trapped in Darkness [V.4]

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this clip in the Uryuu FC, Polgarena! :D

Antithesis is a very silent, invisible power in reality but I understand that it had to be much more flashy in game play. The clip showed Uryuu's new bow in action. I absolutely love it! It is beautiful and powerful. I think we will also see it like this in the anime next year.

Reaction score
Curious thing happens. Now that the kids are back to school, I keep seeing the same faces from months ago. And there is one young man, a high-school student, who looks so much like Uryuu that it's borderline unbelievable. He's tall, lean, wears glasses and has almost the same hairstyle as Uryuu. I don't remember seeing anyone in real life looking so much like a fictional character.

Reaction score
I missed his Birthday but it is still close - Happy Birthday, Uryuu! :)

I am out of practise when it comes to deal with pictures. Anyway, I copied the whole page which is maybe a better idea because it is better at giving credit.

This image by bodskih shows Uryuu's new bow and I love it!

Reaction score
It's been a while!

Here, I'll copy my post from the TYBW arc:

We should not take the following as the absolute truth (in order to keep our expectations not too high up), but there may be a chance that we'd see more from the Ishidas in the anime: https://twitter.com/zURA_kURA/status/1556572177759014912

zURA/kURA @zURA_kURA said:
I heard from Klub Outside's QnA, Mr. Kubo is going to put more content regarding the Ishida family into the Anime, can't wait to see how the Anime team pull that off.

Also, thanks to the tweet the person I quoted was replying to, I have finally found out that the way The Fünft Feld is written in Japanese, it actually means "Fifth Trainig Field".

What I have to add is a question:

Could the distinctively numbered training ground somehow be connected to the hiding grounds (sanctuaries) where the Black Scalera Lady took the remaining Quincies on Haschwalth's orders? They were mentioned in the novels, I believe. :headscratch

Also, it's nice to have some sort of a conclusion to the question I've been having for years (even though it may as well been obvious to others) and that the Fünft Feld is just one of the apparently numerous training grounds the Ishidas had access to.

Reaction score
Polgarena - thank you for the news! Yes, it has been a while also for me since I stepped into the Ishida FC. It feels good to do this after such a long time.

It seems I guessed correctly. Fuenftes Feld means fifth field - I assumed it is a training ground. I also assumed for a long time that the hidden basement in Ryuuken's hospital is a training ground as well and may also serve other purposes connected with the Quincies.

I wonder if these training grounds are numbered according to difficulty. Fifth field would be quite a high level. I wonder what level Ryuuken's training ground has. My guess is, it is very high because Ryuuken has a fully formed Vollstaendig and must have had it for a very long time. Uryuu has never been shown the full range that place has. Ryuuken obviously kept any training of his son to the absolute minimum and didn't allow him to reach his full potential.

I don't remember the details in the trilogy too well but my guess is, the new Quincy population has found a much bigger area to live in than these training grounds. My guess is, it could be comparable to what Xcution under Yukio built, a company that is the basis for that organization and is housed in a big complex. Even the Ishida mansion would not be sufficient for that although it could be an important branch.

Tite Kubo has never revealed a lot about the Ishidas and the Quincies in general. Even in the last arc a lot has been kept secret. We learned a lot about the Shinigami but in comparison, the Quincies were treated as somewhat mysterious. There is so much the anime can finally explore - and I can't wait to see it!

Reaction score
It's good that we have (new or not) content to talk about again.

And now that I think about it, coupled with your explanations B. Haddrell, given that Quincies always fought from the shadows and they would have to evade surveillance from Soul Society, they really needed to diversify their training/storage/sanctuary facilities.

I wouldn't want to set my hopes too high, but it would be nice if Kubo added more meat to the story surrounding the Ishida family and thus Quincies in general, now that we know he worked with the anime production team to add more content to the final arc adaptation he had no time to draw in the manga.

(That's probably the only other thing I wanted to see more of in the manga, next to the flashback to the war from 1000 years ago and the extension of a handful of fights here and there to include more dynamism and big moments for some characters.)

Reaction score
I missed Uryuu's birthday again! It was 2 days ago, but I hope he had a really nice one. :joyous

GIF-ac683cb6901f11e7d67507d39eedc746.gif

Reaction score
Thank you, Polgarena! This is a nice piece of art! :)

I completely lost track of Bleach birthdays. I have to make more of an effort in future. :)