• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Interviews with Kubo Tite

Reaction score
Poor Kubo... Well at least his health seems better, but it sad to read that he felt so lonely for an entire year. Hopefully he feels better now that he is back on the drawing table. It must be really hard to end something you've work on for almost 15 years.

Kubo has created one of the more successful manga in the world, yet his personal life seems quite harsh. I hope some day he will find a way to do what he loves without beying torned appart by this very same thing...

Reaction score
Bleach Reddit shared an interesting interview with Tite Kubo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/9bb3vw/kubo_shares_more_info/

This is a link to the original source:

Shared by Scheneizel

https://mobile.twitter.com/YourAnimeGuy/status/1034900036188950528/photo/2

It is very touching. After doing the "Burn the Witch" one-shot Tite Kubo's mental health hopefully improved. Being a mangaka is part of who he is. I am more confident that Tite Kubo will create again, a short story or even maybe a limited series. But it seems right now he is first of all busy with Bleach Jet. I am sure, that book will be great! :)

Thank you for sharing this here.

Kubo's words are emotional. It is touching, and it's actually obvious in hindsight, that after 15 long years with various characters in his head, Kubo felt lonely after Bleach came to a conclusion. It's good to know that he's better now and it looks like Burn the Witch was a refreshing experience with him. In my opinion, Bleach Jet is a great way to pay respect to a manga as grand as Bleach, to an artist as skillfull as Kubo and also as an art-book that will offer something new.

wanda lensherr

Scarlet witch
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this here.

Kubo's words are emotional. It is touching, and it's actually obvious in hindsight, that after 15 long years with various characters in his head, Kubo felt lonely after Bleach came to a conclusion. It's good to know that he's better now and it looks like Burn the Witch was a refreshing experience with him. In my opinion, Bleach Jet is a great way to pay respect to a manga as grand as Bleach, to an artist as skillfull as Kubo and also as an art-book that will offer something new.
Wow this is touching indeed. I hadnt known he was hurting like this. It make sense since he carry the burden of bleach for so long...i would be lonely too. Im glad he ll try his hands on other projects that renewal him. I hope he continues to improve health wise...

Reaction score
Here's a couple of questions that have been answered through Klub Outside: https://old.reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/o736vq/bleach_qa_with_kubo/

They've been Google Translated, so take them with a bit of a reserve:
A generous anon from /a/ has shared some Q&A from the Klub Outside website. It's been Google translated though, so it may not be 100% exact.

Q. I want to know what Renji Abarai, who came to the world in the Arrancar arc, wanted to hear from Urahara when he even was doing chores!
A. "Why did you choose Rukia as a place to hide the Hogyoku?" Kisuke told him half a lie and half a truth, but Renji was convinced by that.
Q. What do you prefer, a girl who expresses her feelings clearly like Ninny or a girl who is cool and doesn't show her feelings like Noel?
A. My preference for female characters depends only on the size of their breasts, so I would choose Noel.
Q. Ichigo grows more and more like his father. I'm curious, did he also inherit the hair on his chest from him?
A. Kubo: I want to believe in the power of Masaki's genes!
This Q is not literally translated cause it's too long but basically someone asked Kubo to explain Sado's change to his grandfather promise, regarding the use of his fists now that he is a boxer.
A. Nothing has changed. Chad considers boxing to be a martial art, not violence.
Q. Have you ever thought that there is a difference between the manga and anime in terms of the distance or the relationships of the characters?
A. I watched the Bleach anime until the Soul Society thinking "Changing things so much this way will make the story not add up later on." I started reviewing the script when the Arrancar arc (in manga) started because they really didn't understand the characters' personalities.
Q. Is there any chance of releasing the BLEACH anime as a full remake? I believe that with today's technology, it will be possible to represent the world more beautifully.
A. I have no plans, but I would like to.
Q. Renji is my favorite character, but I was more surprised than happy to see that Ichigo's counterpart on the cover of the illustration book JET was Renji. I would like to know if there is any reason why you decided to choose him as the pairing character.
A. On the contrary, I've never thought of anyone other than Renji as Ichigo's counterpart.
Q. In the last episode, Orihime appeared as Ichigo's wife, but she didn't have a ring on her left finger, did Kubo-sensei forget to draw it? Or is it because she is pregnant for the second time and her body is swollen that she took her ring off?
A. Oh that's it! I forgot to draw it.
Q. I have a question about the typeface f Rukia's name on the cover of chapter 266, Is there a reason why "Kuchiki" written in brush strokes but "Rukia" isn't? I am wondering why Rukia's name is different from all the other shinigami on cover.
A. It does have a meaning, but I might draw it somewhere else so I won't tell you.
Q. Byakuya said Ichigo was the second only person to see Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi but who was the first one?
A. This will not be answered here

Reaction score
I'm surprised Kubo anwered so straightfoward what Renji wanted to ask Urahara. Actually, that he wanted to ask something about Rukia was clear, and the most probable was that question, why Urahara chose Rukia. So I suppose Kubo thought that most readers had already guessed it and because of that he has clearly said it here.

The question about Rukia's chapter cover with her name written different to other shinigamis' cover chapters was something I also wondered (back in the day many people, especially Rukia's fans, thought that there was some related to Rukia's origin or nature, but the manga ended and nothing was said about this matter). And many people thought this was related to what Renji wanted ask Urahara, this is, Urahara chose Rukia to hide the hougyoku because she has somehing especial. Hope someday Kubo anwers it.

I'd want to ask Kubo about Renji's tattoos, if he himself decided to tattoo them on his body, or they appear spontaneously, because Renji always covers the ones on his forehead, and he doesn't look happy to have them, so I doubt he chose to tattoo them.