• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Imagine if there was a crossover with Bleach and Rurouni Kenshin

Reaction score
I would love to see the cast of Rurouni Kenshin crossing over into the Bleach verse as Soul Reapers like make Kenshin, Saito, Aoshi, and Hiko as captains while Shishio and the Juppongatana upgrade with Hollowfication and build a kingdom in Hell to lead an army to rebel against Soul Society with a goal to replace the Soul King to implement Social Darwinism. Enishi and the Jinchu can collaborate with Arrancars and Quincies as the next attempt to overthrow Soul Society.

Others like Kaoru, Yahiko, Sano, and Megumi can be part of Kenshin's squad while Misao and the Oniwabanshu can become part of the Onmitsukido under Aoshi, Yoruichi, and Soifon.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Tbh, just horrible. THere is no way possible that would work. Also Social Darwinism is already a thing in bleach.

Reaction score
Kenshin is probably my favorite manga. Its themes are much deeper than Bleach. A crossover would just water it down and take away the sense of realism.

I personally hate all crossovers. Writers create characters based on the complex worlds they built, and often, they don't fit in other worlds. People on various forums have discussed Kenshin crossing over with Berserk (I guess because the main characters are both good swordsmen and they're popular?) but there's just no chemistry. Characters are best to stay in their lane, unless it's a total joke (like Arale in that Dragonball Super episode)

Reaction score
I would like it, but in a fighting video game. If in animation, I could picture it maybe in a pre-historic Soul Society era when maybe characters were totally wild in the sense that they were just killers and would rely less on magical powers. Or maybe even before that era if in a pre-historic Bleach, characters might not have magical powers to begin with but in the process of acheiving them in some way. There is a need to introduce new rules for both universes. I personally would never want Bleach comic relief or supposedly funny stuff coming into Rurouni Kenshin and ruining it. Since Rurouni Kenshin is based on realism, either Bleach magical powers of the characters would have to be discarded or Rurouni Kenshin characters would need to have magical powers (which would destroy its realism). So a pre-historic Bleach universe without too much magical powers might have a little possibility to merge with Rurouni Kenshin universe. Maybe other members have better ideas?