• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Ichigo - the power to crush destiny

Mac

Reaction score
Urahara said " Looks like this is the end of the road for me, forgive me for leaving everything to you on your way....Kurosaki....Kuchiki."

You can almost bet that the SK foresaw the current events and put everything in motion....He probably foresaw this 1000 years ago. Ever wonder why the RG's didn't interfere with Aizen's shenanigans? Yes, what did the SK say or do to Ichigo while he was in the RR? Everything is going according to the SK's plan...maybe he foresaw Ichigo defeating Yhwach...
Haha that would even be more hilarious if Aizen and Yhwach then found out that all this time everything had been going according to the Soul Kings plan....even before Aizen and Yhwach's birth. Especially after what those two have said to Ichigo.... that would make me laugh a lot.

That explanation though will give context to the whole Bleach Universe and how it works -- where the SK came from, why he is required, what it was like before he was captured, how he was captured -- as such a powerful being as well.....like who did it? What his true intentions are, why he created Yhwach, where souls come from etc.

Reaction score
@ Moon thank you. While looking at the verses of the poem, I believe the poem itself might provide clues as to how to crush destiny. Like a blade swung down...both Mugetsu and HNT are both swung down. I don't know the reasoning of it. I'll try to sort this out tomorrow.

Glad you found this useful!

What is HNT again...?

Reaction score
Why is Yhwach playing with his food? If he wants to devour Ichigo, can't he just go ahead and do it? I have a feeling he needs the Almighty to see that power in action first before he can use it himself. So he's pressing all of Ichigo's buttons hoping the power will come out...

What power could Ichigo possibly offer Yhwach at this point? Well, the Almighty helps him (seemingly) see every outcome... but he can't necessarily change or shape those outcomes as he sees fit. If Ichigo has the power to crush destiny, it would be the perfect supplement to the Almighty because he could not only see the future but change it.

Reaction score
Ichigo is most likely a special Quincy, so he's probably connected to the Soul King in some way. Whatever makes Haschwalth special makes also Ichigo, assuming he's a special Quincy. Yhwach knows probably much more about that. There is also the possibility that Yhwach actually created Ichigo. Like how the Soul King probably created Yhwach and maybe Haschwalth, Yhwach could have created Ichigo. Like maybe he sent out part of his soul and that after more than 1000 years managed to be born as the child of Isshin and Masaki. It's clear that the Soul King isn't Yhwach's biological father, but he still calls him like that and the Soul King is somehow responsible for Yhwach's creation. Yhwach probably uses the same logic on Ichigo.

I wonder if Yhwach really wants to kill Ichigo. One moment he wants to kill him, the other he warns him about being reckless with his life.

Though so far it looks more like Ichigo is going to be crushed by destiny. Everything is Yhwach wants, at least when it comes to Ichigo and he doesn't even bother with the Almighty. Yhwach even pities him for that. The one who imo has the power to crush destiny is Uryuu. The Almighty seems to not work on him. This also could mean that Yhwach can't see Uryuu's future, which would make him the only one actually able to change things and decide them for himself or in other words crush fate.

Reaction score
Ichigo is most likely a special Quincy, so he's probably connected to the Soul King in some way. Whatever makes Haschwalth special makes also Ichigo, assuming he's a special Quincy. Yhwach knows probably much more about that. There is also the possibility that Yhwach actually created Ichigo. Like how the Soul King probably created Yhwach and maybe Haschwalth, Yhwach could have created Ichigo. Like maybe he sent out part of his soul and that after more than 1000 years managed to be born as the child of Isshin and Masaki. It's clear that the Soul King isn't Yhwach's biological father, but he still calls him like that and the Soul King is somehow responsible for Yhwach's creation. Yhwach probably uses the same logic on Ichigo.

I wonder if Yhwach really wants to kill Ichigo. One moment he wants to kill him, the other he warns him about being reckless with his life.

Though so far it looks more like Ichigo is going to be crushed by destiny. Everything is Yhwach wants, at least when it comes to Ichigo and he doesn't even bother with the Almighty. Yhwach even pities him for that. The one who imo has the power to crush destiny is Uryuu. The Almighty seems to not work on him. This also could mean that Yhwach can't see Uryuu's future, which would make him the only one actually able to change things and decide them for himself or in other words crush fate.

Thanks for your thoughts!

There's also the possibility that Uryu and Ichigo both somehow have the two halves of that power... remember the impressive bow they formed in the beginning of the series? lol

Mac

Reaction score
bleach-12341.jpg

I think its more proof there that what you're saying is right -- he takes his reiatsu, magnifies it and then manifests it physically -- Getsuga Tenshou is just one way of expressing it. His Bankai power could just be the same thing but rather with his intention in a more concentrated form. Ie he becomes more himself and is able to bring forth miracles or change destiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts!

There's also the possibility that Uryu and Ichigo both somehow have the two halves of that power... remember the impressive bow they formed in the beginning of the series? lol

That sounds very naruto-esque... no like.

Reaction score
bleach-12341.jpg

I think its more proof there that what you're saying is right -- he takes his reiatsu, magnifies it and then manifests it physically -- Getsuga Tenshou is just one way of expressing it. His Bankai power could just be the same thing but rather with his intention in a more concentrated form. Ie he becomes more himself and is able to bring forth miracles or change destiny.

Hmmm that is very creative! I had to reflect for a bit to understand the connection between shikai and bankai. I like it!

That sounds very naruto-esque... no like.

When you put it that way, I have to agree.

Mac

Reaction score
I always wondered though why Tensa Zangetsu appeared younger? Something to do with Yhwach's power being different when he was younger?

Reaction score
of late ywach has been a bit of he isn't even in a hurry to kill ichigo & it seems he lacks the capabilities or can't absorb the SK completely(at the moment he looks like a collage of different beings ) on the other hand we have ichigo a hybrid who has the capability to evolve immeasurably ma's we see in the latest chapter he can work with both his quincy & shinigami powers without turning into a grotesque unfinished being so ywach might be trying to tie in his fate together with ichigos so as to complete his form