• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

How would you change the match-ups during Quincy Arc to let all underused characters have their fights?

Reaction score
So having the whole Wandereich at your disposal (not only Sternritter) how would you re-write the final Arc to have all the underused Characters a chance to shine?

Characters may include:
1. Tessai
2. Isshin
3. Ryuuken
4. Ukitake
5. Love
6. Lisa
7. Hacchi
8. Hiyori
9. Mashiro
10. Iba
11. Isane
12. Akon
13. Royal Guard
14. Shinji and Hisagi (going Bankai for. Shinji and at least true Shikai for Hisagi)
15. Aizen and Yoruichi having a chance to show Bankai
16. Kukaku
17. Ganju
18. Giriko
19. Chad
20. Sasakibe
21. Kiyone and Sentoru
22. Unohana
23. Kido Corps

If you consider someone else underused feel free to add. Of course other Main Characters Also should get some fight but make it more rational.

You have both invasions + Royal Realm part.

darkeningcloud

Ponderer of Titles
Reaction score
* Gerard vs Shinji, Hiyori, Love, Lisa & Hachi without the others. Hachi should've frozen or bound Gerard long enough for the others to get past. Zaraki's bankai could be moved to an extended version of the Pernida fight alongside Mayuri. As much as I love the latter he's had way too much screentime and it's unfair for everybody else. Toshiro & Byakuya, along with Renji and Rukia, can have their battles moved to the end of the arc against Yhwach... One other thing; I'd personally change it so that Pernida was actually the black-eyed woman Jugram spoke to in Wandenreich and the "left arm" was being controlled through The Compulsory. That way Zaraki can go ham on the arm and its cancerous proliferation whilst Mayuri tries to outdo Pernida's Compulsory.

* Mask vs. Hisagi, Mashiro and Zombie-Kira. The Kira reveal creates a nice bridge between this fight and the Pepe/Giselle fights that come almost immediately afterwards (zombie Rose, corpse squad, Mayuri etc.).

* Nodt vs. Kuukaku & Ganju, stepping in to fight alongside Rukia. We can also use this as an opportunity to delve into their fear of loss and how it's affected all of their psyches. It can be a nice little exposition dump for the Shibas, more than anything.

* Liltotto, Meninas & Giselle vs. Ukitake, Isane, Sentomaru & Kiyone whilst Ichigo is fighting Candice. Isane shows up first to protect Zaraki from the femritters, then the other three show up and commend her on her courage and determination. Typical Ukitake stuff "that's what it means to be a Gotei officer" etc. You could even have Mimihagi "stir" and freak out the femritters before the official reveal.

* Shaz vs. Isshin and Ryuuken as the perfect punching bag. Ryuken talking mad shit about what the quincys have become whilst Isshin picks his ears out of boredom would make me laugh so hard.

* Iba, Ikkaku, Yumichika & doggo Komamura vs. BG9, because killing both it and Cang Du makes zero sense. If K is The Knowledge, it'd be interesting if BG9 could read information from reiatsu, thus "knowing" everything about its opponents and revealing their secrets. Ikkaku and Yumichika wouldn't be able to stay in the metaphorical closet anymore. Plus we can get the name of Iba's shikai, even if it's BG9 who mentions it.

* Ginjo, Tsukishima & Giriko vs. Cang Du. This and the BG9 fight can occur after Zaraki is defeated and all the sternritter enter the fray like wild dogs.

* Chad, Orihime & Neliel vs. Nanana & Robert.

* Grimmjow & Harribel vs. Yhwach (Part 1). This could be the moment where he uses Yamamoto's stolen bankai to resurrect the dead and toy with the arrancar whilst he waits for Ichigo to arrive. The other Shinigami (Omaeda, Suifeng, Byakuya, Toshiro & Matsumoto) could also appear soon after as an excuse to show off their abilities. This battle itself could become a meeting point for Isshin, Ryuken, Yukio, Riruka and many others before Ichigo shows up and Yhwach utterly humiliates him.

* Final Battle, like I mentioned earlier, could include the fan favourites alongside Aizen and Ichigo.

Edit: As for the Zero Division, you could have Ichibei call their names and bring them back so they can join the everybody vs. Yhwach penultimate battle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
* Gerard vs Shinji, Hiyori, Love, Lisa & Hachi without the others. Hachi should've frozen or bound Gerard long enough for the others to get past. Zaraki's bankai could be moved to an extended version of the Pernida fight alongside Mayuri. As much as I love the latter he's had way too much screentime and it's unfair for everybody else. Toshiro & Byakuya, along with Renji and Rukia, can have their battle with Yhwach at the end and free up some space for... One other thing; I'd personally change it so that Pernida was actually the black-eyed woman Jugram spoke to in Wandenreich and the "left arm" was being controlled through The Compulsory. That way Zaraki can go ham on the arm and its cancerous proliferation whilst Mayuri tries to outdo Pernida's Compulsory.

* Mask vs. Hisagi, Mashiro and Zombie-Kira. The Kira reveal creates a nice bridge between this fight and the Pepe/Giselle fights that come almost immediately afterwards (zombie Rose, corpse squad, Mayuri etc.).

* Nodt vs. Kuukaku & Ganju, stepping in to fight alongside Rukia. We can also use this as an opportunity to delve into their fear of loss and how it's affected all of their psyches. It can be a nice little exposition dump for the Shibas, more than anything.

* Liltotto, Meninas & Giselle vs. Ukitake, Isane, Sentomaru & Kiyone whilst Ichigo is fighting Candice. Isane shows up first to protect Zaraki from the femritters, then the other three show up and commend her on her courage and determination. Typical Ukitake stuff "that's what it means to be a Gotei officer" etc. You could even have Mimihagi "stir" and freak out the femritters before the official reveal.

* Shaz vs. Isshin and Ryuuken as the perfect punching bag. Ryuken talking mad shit about what the quincys have become whilst Isshin picks his ears out of boredom would make me laugh so hard.

* Iba, Ikkaku, Yumichika & doggo Komamura vs. BG9, because killing both it and Cang Du makes zero sense. If K is The Knowledge, it'd be interesting if BG9 could read information from reiatsu, thus "knowing" everything about his opponents and revealing their secrets. Ikkaku and Yumichika wouldn't be able to stay in the metaphorical closet anymore. Plus we can get the name of Iba's shikai, even if it's BG9 who mentions it.

* Ginjo, Tsukishima & Giriko vs. Cang Du. This and the BG9 fight can occur after Zaraki is defeated and all the sternritter enter the fray like wild dogs.

* Chad, Orihime & Neliel vs. Nanana & Robert.

* Grimmjow & Harribel vs. Yhwach (Part 1). This could be the moment where he uses Yamamoto's stolen bankai to resurrect the dead and toy with the arrancar whilst he waits for Ichigo to arrive. The other Shinigami (Omaeda, Suifeng, Byakuya, Toshiro & Matsumoto) could also appear soon after as an excuse to show off their abilities. This battle itself could become a meeting point for Isshin, Ryuken, Yukio, Riruka and many others before Ichigo shows up and Yhwach utterly humiliates him.

* Final Battle, like I mentioned earlier, could include the fan favourites alongside Aizen and Ichigo.
Wow you have used most of the Characters:)

There are still some left like Tessai, Unohana and Sasakibe but I guess we could've had those fight the 3 Stern Ritter Zaraki killed (Loyd, Berenice and Jerome) :) the New Kido Corps could assist with Pepe or Robert. And Akon could be a great Aid against BG9:)

My top picks from your ideas are Shibas and Rukia vs As Nodt and Visored vs Gerard.

And I always loved the idea of Pernida being/using the body of Hashwalth's Female Assistant

Last edited:

darkeningcloud

Ponderer of Titles
Reaction score
There are still some left like Tessai, Unohana and Sasakibe but I guess we could've had those fight the 3 Stern Ritter Zaraki killed (Loyd, Berenice and Jerome) :)

Omg I forgot Tessai lmaoo. I actually started the post thinking about him, how embarrassing. I suppose putting him alongside Kisuke and Yoruichi wouldn't be too bad? That being said, having the three you mentioned still be alive to fight Tessai solo would be phenomenal. I feel like The Question would mess with a lot of people and have the potential to turn allies against each other so having somebody with the ability to "seal" that mouth shut would be interesting. I can already see her bow as well, it's shaped like this: ? That, or have the three of them storm the Division 4 barracks during the first invasion and get sliced up by Unohana for tricking the infirm to get up and attack each other, thinking they're well.

And I always loved the idea of Pernida being/using the body of Hashwalth's Female Assistant

You as well? Rock on! There was so much potential there, it's a shame nothing ever came of it.

Reaction score
Omg I forgot Tessai lmaoo. I actually started the post thinking about him, how embarrassing. I suppose putting him alongside Kisuke and Yoruichi wouldn't be too bad? That being said, having the three you mentioned still be alive to fight Tessai solo would be phenomenal. I feel like The Question would mess with a lot of people and have the potential to turn allies against each other so having somebody with the ability to "seal" that mouth shut would be interesting. I can already see her bow as well, it's shaped like this: ? That, or have the three of them storm the Division 4 barracks during the first invasion and get sliced up by Unohana for tricking the infirm to get up and attack each other, thinking they're well.

You as well? Rock on! There was so much potential there, it's a shame nothing ever came of it.

I personally think Berenice vs Tsukishima would be quite epic:)

I also wanted Driscoll ability to be having as many lives as people he killed So Yamamoto could burn him over and over again (something like Lust vs Mustang in FMA:BH).
Maybe Unohana Fighting her 'past self' vs Royd would make sense?

darkeningcloud

Ponderer of Titles
Reaction score
I also wanted Driscoll ability to be having as many lives as people he killed So Yamamoto could burn him over and over again (something like Lust vs Mustang in FMA:BH).

That might be Overkill idk :p I never liked the idea behind his power tbh, but making it so that it increases his survivability and not just have it as some vague "I become stronger with every ant I step on" ability would make it way more palatable. Could it be the Overflow then? It's an interesting idea, I wonder if you could intersplice some more memories of Sasakibe between each of those killing blows? Like, quick panels of his unseen milestones that Yamamoto still deeply appreciates and that have left a profound impact on Soul Society until it chronologically reaches the present and that final, brutal strike burns Driscol to ash.

Maybe Unohana Fighting her 'past self' vs Royd would make sense?

Now THAT is a perfect way to show her off.

Reaction score
That might be Overkill idk :p I never liked the idea behind his power tbh, but making it so that it increases his survivability and not just have it as some vague "I become stronger with every ant I step on" ability would make it way more palatable. Could it be the Overflow then? It's an interesting idea, I wonder if you could intersplice some more memories of Sasakibe between each of those killing blows? Like, quick panels of his unseen milestones that Yamamoto still deeply appreciates and that have left a profound impact on Soul Society until it chronologically reaches the present and that final, brutal strike burns Driscol to ash.

Now THAT is a perfect way to show her off.

I like the idea of Sasakibe flashbacks, like e. g. Yamamoto asking him after Tbtp and SS Arc to become a Captain or Sasakibe asking if he can fight against Aizen just for Yama telling him that he needs to protect the barier and/or inform the RG when situation goes really bad. Also Driscoll himself could state that Sasakibe managed to kill him few Times before dying and going Vollstandig to Block one of Yamamoto attacks just to enrage him even more. U can even see Soi-fon attacking Driscoll at some point just to notice her Shikai does not work against him (maybe switch her with Hisagi for first invasion). I would generally show more Sternritter during first invasion, like Nianzol redirecting Hisagi Attacks, Bazz-B trying to steal Kensei's Bankai (which would foreshad the Hollow is Poison for Quincy) Guanel playing around and irritating someone (maybe Shinji or Ukitake 's 3rd seats as Hiyori sadly was not part of past time-skip Gotei), Ukitake vs Askin with Askin mentioning Ukitake has something Quincy-like about him (foreshadowing Miminagi), Mashiro vs Mask in a Super Hero fight, Meninas vs Nemu, Isane, Iemura and Hanataro trying to heal Shinigami from Zombie Powers, Berenice questioning Hinamori or Kira, Liltotto having a fight over candy with Yachiru etc. Basically show most of them besides Elites and Gremmy.

As for Pepe in second invasion: What about making Ukitake fight Shunsui just to be eventually stopped by Tessai's time freeze?

It would be Also interesting if Yhwach used ZnT to ressurect the past Quincy like Hubert, Algora, Zeidretz and Loyd and make them fight some of the older characters with various flashbacks from the war 1000 ago, to give few examples: Shunsui's Brother being greviously wounded by Zeidretz or Algora, one being an Ishida or Kurosaki ancestor or Hikifune/Shutara/Unohana having a forbiden romance with Hubert. They can either get some Shrifts after SR killed in 1st invasion or no Shrifts but being experts at the quincy arts like Spells, Hirenkyaku, Blut, Ransōtengai.

Just noticed I forgot about one character all the time - Genshiro Okikiba. Since he was introduced and made one of VC it would be nice to see anything from him, including a Shikai. I guess he could be either added to Ukitake Group or let him fight Shaz before Isshin and Ryuuken arive.

Last edited: