• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Gremmy's meteorite and the approximate size of Seireitei

Toriko

Heavenly King
Reaction score
That was when he'd advanced to the level of a captain.
What about against Jidanbou?

ZeY36km.jpg

He fought Urahara for five days, day and night. Obviously walking is easier than fighting.

Last edited:

Kurogasa

Eyepatch
Reaction score
I found something. Chapter 217, the Vizards make Ichigo use an exercise machine for three days straight before they start the Hollowification training. That was on a machine specifically designed to drain his spirit energy, and he had already done it for over a day at that point. He later states that he could go for five days straight.

You guys need to severely adjust your assessments on the walking distance for the Seireitei. I seriously doubt any of them needed to rest.

I don't think Ichigo's reiatsu level at any stage of his development is going to be an accurate reflection of the long-distance stamina of the group on average. It's better to be conservative than work off of assumptions that the data don't allow us to make. There's nothing to suggest that Yoruichi's estimation of 10 days of walking means walking for literally 240 hours with no breaks to stop to eat or sleep, especially in hostile territory. Characters that travel on foot in fictional stories don't tend to do that, even those with special powers.

If we end up having to adjust the numbers, it's much more likely that it will be due to overestimation rather than underestimation. How many people live in Seireitei? 6,000 shinigami in the Gotei 13, plus the nobles, non-shinigami personnel...so what, probably less than 10,000? That would mean an insanely low population density per sq km for something the size of Ohio (which has a real life population of 11,000,000+, by the way) - even more so if you think it's significantly bigger than that. It's a big place, but it can't be THAT big when information travels so efficiently among people that only number in the thousands. Indeed, the more I consider it, the more likely it seems that I might have grossly overshot the probable "true" value with my 115,000 sq km calculation.

We don't know for sure, but we're using the most reasonable estimates we can justify with the information we have available.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Great Nobles and other high-ranking aristocrat families most likely own large estates with acres upon acres of land. The number of residents in the Seireitei may only estimate in the thousands, but then you have to factor in the land the very wealthy potentially own. It was stated before that Byakuya's home address is huge and the scarf he used to wear alone was worth about 45 houses.

Last edited:

Zura

Banned
Reaction score
How we can measure the size of Seireitei just looking on the meteorite Gremmy summoned? Do we know its measurements? No, we cannot say reliably yet. Maybe if some mathematician can derive its size when inevitably Kenpachi clashes with it.

Reaction score
You can't really apply science to this. Gremmy doesn't know science. He isn't thinking I need an object of these dimensions, so it will do this blah, blah, blah. He created a big ass rock that he imagines can destroy that space. Can the rock really do that based on physics? Probably not. But we are not dealing with physics here, just one screwed up kids imagination.

I still say that it is unlikely the meteor would cause the devestation Gremmy says it would anyway.

Zura

Banned
Reaction score
He knows science enough to projects those weaponry, I do not think we should assume he cannot modify the size of the rock to crush Seireitei.
Which does not have to as big, as the destruction caused by meteors is influenced by the speed with which they hit the ground (Even 50 m can be good for city busting)

But that is besides the point, we do not know how big that meteor is, and thus cannot really compare anything.

Reaction score
If he says it can destroy the Seiretei, then we just have to take his word for it until proven otherwise. The allusion based on the spoilers that it can destroy the barrier alone suggest that it actually could, since the barrier is what shields the entire area. If that gets destroyed easily, then everything else is a piece of cake.

Last edited:
Reaction score
He knows science enough to projects those weaponry, I do not think we should assume he cannot modify the size of the rock to crush Seireitei.
Which does not have to as big, as the destruction caused by meteors is influenced by the speed with which they hit the ground (Even 50 m can be good for city busting)

But that is besides the point, we do not know how big that meteor is, and thus cannot really compare anything.

He has seen weaponry thus he can recreate its function. Very likely he just creates a gun that creates the desired effect. This meteor is created to create the desired effect. Its thought and will, not science and function. He is creating a meteor to destroy. If in his imagination a small meteor can destroy that much area, then it will. "commence singing of imaginationland theme from South park"

CrabClaw

Taco Chef Supreme
Reaction score
How we can measure the size of Seireitei just looking on the meteorite Gremmy summoned? Do we know its measurements? No, we cannot say reliably yet. Maybe if some mathematician can derive its size when inevitably Kenpachi clashes with it.

I mean, it's all just estimation for the sake of curiosity. We've been giving rough estimates of the meteor's size / destructive capability, but all of our estimates are based on several assumptions:

(1)That Yoruichi's description of the distance between gates is accurate enough to use to calculate the size of Seireitei; (2)that Gremmy's claim that his meteor can instantly destroy Seireitei is substantiated; (3)that we can estimate the size of the meteor relative to Seireitei based on visuals; and, most of all, (4)that we can even relate the physics and math of the real world to the Soul Society.

That's just how the game works. Like you said, maybe we'll get some more info when the next chapter drops. And like I said, I'm curious.

Reaction score

The size of seireitei is already mentioned by yoruichi.... its 10 days walk from 1 gate to another... and it has 4 gates.. N,E,W,S rescpectively.... making it 40 days walk in circumference.... only thing is that kubo makes errors in his art... sometimes sereitei looks so big sometimes not lol... the anime shows it much clearer... were edges of the serietei can't be seen only mountains are seen from the side and not its walls maybe due to how large serietei is..... so i'm basing my measurement on the size of the 40 days walk in circumference thing give or take.... its probably the size of a mid size country... making that meteor larger than anything that hit earth even the thing that theoretically killed the dinosaurs