• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Gintama

Reaction score
Gintama's WSJ Finale - Chapter 698

Gintama's run in the WSJ finished with a bang. Through the last 2 arcs and especially with this Final Lesson (Go Beyond The Final Chapter), Sorachi has proved that it is possible to do justice to all of the most important characters. What's more, it's now more than ever obvious just how much he cares for the Yorozuya and others.

That colour page, just as the chapter itself, is pure silver, heart-warming, nostalgic, brilliant and also hilarious.

Gintama's fandom is unique. Reader's cherish the story, the characters and the Gorilla. You can always sit back and have a good discussion and a good laugh about whatever story arc comes to mind regardless of many different opinions, because Gintama's readers and anime watchers are usually very polite to one another. The Gorilla is a unique nature phenomenon who produced a masterpiece, giving every major character a good sendoff before they all meet for the finale's finale in Jump Giga.

Sorachi-sensei played all the right notes with having Otose-san open "Snack Otose" for the many [strike]kings[/strike] idiots to have a place to come back to after all the upcoming fighting. She knows the Yorozuya so well. The sentimental detail with Kagura and Shinpachi donning their classic outfits and being on their way to give Gintoki his is something I liked very much.

One would've thought that Sorachi would capitalize on the countless connections Gintoki has made throughout the stories in this finale, but then again - he already did so last time. That's why fantastic comedy was reserved for Gintama's remaining pages in WSJ. And I loved every bit of it - the banter and the otherworldliness of the situation.

There is and probably never be a series like Gintama out there. Let me leave this beautiful quote by Sakata Gintoki as a conclusion to this post:
Forget ending. We haven't even gotten started yet! Some final chapter can't stop us!! We'll keep going, to the place beyond the end!

That's right.

Our battle starts in Jump Giga!!

Until December! :XD