• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Game of Thrones

How Many More Seasons Should There Be For The TV Series?

• At least give the series 2 full seasons.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1.5 seasons is okay with me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
And really, the fact that I keep hearing that originally HBO wanted 10 seasons...it just leaves me disappointed.

This is correct and was actually confirmed I believe from an interview with the main writers themselves. This infuriates me enough to burn down a populace with 1 million people and then liberate the rest of the world from poor executive writing decisions.

Most hilarious thing about the ending though:
[video=youtube;G8PaeXJwddc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8PaeXJwddc[/video]

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm bumping this months after the series ended.

To be clear, the ending was not bad in concept. It was bad in execution.

Also, to be clear, Game of Thrones is one of the greatest shows in television history. It was revolutionary, and you can't let two shortened seasons at the end ruin the entire legacy. That's like saying Michael Jordan sucks because of his few years with the Wizards. He already had 6 championships and 5 MVPs.

Anyway, my two big issues with the ending. 1, of course, was Dany slaughtering everyone in The Bells. Just illogical based on her character arc. Perhaps the theme of the entire show is something along the lines of "you can't change who you really are." We saw that with Jamie, right? Great progression, almost became sympathetic (which seemed impossible considering the pushed a kid out of a window in the very first episode) but in the end, he abandoned what he found and ran back to Cersei. It's a lame theme, but it's possible that was the point of the entire series. Dany was always a little twisted (watching delightfully as her brother died) but I just don't think her descent into this "Mad Queen" was believable. Perhaps if she tried to endear herself to the people a bit more and failed, then she'd resort to ruling out of fear instead of love. But all she did was acknowledge Gendry. Then it was basically "they don't love me, Jon doesn't love me, so... fear and ruthlessness it is!"

Second, the pacing of the meeting where Bran was named king. I'm fine with Bran being king, but honestly, the politics of that scene should be at least 3 episodes on their own. Literally no one at that summit even knew who Bran was, and they all just agreed? There needed to be political moves made, as we saw earlier in GoT. The politics of the show were just as powerful as the battles.

But, like Bleach, a rushed, uninspired ending shouldn't ruin the journey. Recognize GoT as all-time great television.

Reaction score
anyone still heartbroken?

Disappointed in the ending, but not heartbroken. It was a magical show that didn't stick the landing in terms of execution, not in terms of outcome. As I mentioned above, I have no issues with King Bran or Mad Queen Danerys, I just felt like the way those things came about were poor.

The bigger question is whether or not the bad taste most people have from the end of this show is going to impact the prequels. HBO has big plans for this universe...

Reaction score
Disappointed in the ending, but not heartbroken. It was a magical show that didn't stick the landing in terms of execution, not in terms of outcome. As I mentioned above, I have no issues with King Bran or Mad Queen Danerys, I just felt like the way those things came about were poor.

The bigger question is whether or not the bad taste most people have from the end of this show is going to impact the prequels. HBO has big plans for this universe...
They shat the bed imo. I'll always be jaded in prequals given we know how the targs get fucked

wanda lensherr

Scarlet witch
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm bumping this months after the series ended.

To be clear, the ending was not bad in concept. It was bad in execution.

Also, to be clear, Game of Thrones is one of the greatest shows in television history. It was revolutionary, and you can't let two shortened seasons at the end ruin the entire legacy. That's like saying Michael Jordan sucks because of his few years with the Wizards. He already had 6 championships and 5 MVPs.

Anyway, my two big issues with the ending. 1, of course, was Dany slaughtering everyone in The Bells. Just illogical based on her character arc. Perhaps the theme of the entire show is something along the lines of "you can't change who you really are." We saw that with Jamie, right? Great progression, almost became sympathetic (which seemed impossible considering the pushed a kid out of a window in the very first episode) but in the end, he abandoned what he found and ran back to Cersei. It's a lame theme, but it's possible that was the point of the entire series. Dany was always a little twisted (watching delightfully as her brother died) but I just don't think her descent into this "Mad Queen" was believable. Perhaps if she tried to endear herself to the people a bit more and failed, then she'd resort to ruling out of fear instead of love. But all she did was acknowledge Gendry. Then it was basically "they don't love me, Jon doesn't love me, so... fear and ruthlessness it is!"

Second, the pacing of the meeting where Bran was named king. I'm fine with Bran being king, but honestly, the politics of that scene should be at least 3 episodes on their own. Literally no one at that summit even knew who Bran was, and they all just agreed? There needed to be political moves made, as we saw earlier in GoT. The politics of the show were just as powerful as the battles.

But, like Bleach, a rushed, uninspired ending shouldn't ruin the journey. Recognize GoT as all-time great television.
Yeah its terrible when the writers had a vision but they eitherr get pressure to rush it or they get the axe outta nowhere (cancellation abruptly) that irritates me like no other to this day.