• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I didn't really like FFVII that much but holy hell the fandom sure is exploding!

Now to patiently wait for a FFVIII remake!

110% sure Belias wet his pants.

Reaction score
Not impressed.

Square has been so horrid as of late I expect them to fail miserably. This is coming from someone whos played every numbered Final Fantasy Game, played 7-thru-12 TWICE, Tactics 4 times, and logged 600 hours into FF14. All their newest games they've come out with have been horrid.

Nakura

Sweet Nothings
Reaction score
I've never played FFVII, but all I hear are good things. I'll think about trying it, but I'm not the biggest fan of JRPGs in general.

darkeningcloud

Ponderer of Titles
Reaction score
Did anybody else get a chill towards the end? Brr.

I'm a little worried that the wee charm of the original will be lost in translation when recreating it for current gen consoles =/ One of the most prominent concerns being the concept of an overworld and the random encounters mechanic... Fixed camera angles for scenes (not like the annoyingly ADD ones in FFX that just had to keep moving around and transitioning) is another issue... Then there's the soundtrack to consider- either remastered or kept in its original state only to make the world seem awkward and toyish thanks to the upscaled graphics and what seems to be a living world...

I guess it depends on how they want to tackle this:
Open world with appropriate map zones like FF12? Vast, seamless landscapes like FF13-3 and what FF15 is kinda looking like? Or... I dunno... Just upgrading the graphics and having it sound, play and feel the same?
----------------------
I wouldn't mind some costumes actually, kinda like the Tales of games, that you can unlock by doing things here and there.

Last edited:

Darkside

Miles Away From Ordinary
Reaction score
Half the population probably doesn't care about FF 15 anymore after this reveal. :lmao

Sephiroth is going to be 10 times more overrated now.

And with David Lodge narrating the trailer? Now I'm getting Ol Kenny flashbacks-v-;;.

Ahahahahah I loved that actor too for Kenpachi hombre.

Reaction score
Square just pretty much killed what little momentum FFXV had...and what's happening with KH3? What is it with Nomura and not sticking with one project.

Tornado The Dragon

F.F. of Long Cheng Gang
Reaction score
oh thank Yhwach finally.

so far looking forward to these games that have been shown in E3:
ff7 remake
media molecule
firewatch
for honour
no man's sky
the last guardian

Status