• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Burn the Witch 2 "Ghillie Suit": Spoilers and Discussion

How do you rate Burn the Witch chapter 2 and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Chapter Thread Rules

Discuss the chapter on BA on Discord as well:

• Check the second post for spoilers and pics before asking for/posting them. Spoilers usually arrive on Wednesday morning.
  • All forum rules still apply, just use common sense and just be nice.
  • If you have a spoiler, PM it to a online mod or spoiler provider so the thread can be opened. Do not post it in another thread where it doesn't belong.
  • Posting direct links to illegally hosted copyrighted material, is no longer allowed. Sharing images within spoiler tags from these sites is fine, but no links taking you there.
  • Don't post claiming something is yours when it is not; you will be banned.
  • As per the forum rules, short posts, anything less then a sentence about 50 characters, are looked down on. Keep spam to a minimum, use the reaction system or VM's if needed.
  • Spoiler pics are only posted from known reliable sources. Do not post/send us spoilers that may be false.
  • No Babelfish/Google translations. Try and avoid just to post to ask for a translation/scanlation. It will come when it does.
  • If you are posting our spoilers/translations on your site, please give credit if it is requested and link back to BA if possible.
  • Rating poll will be added by a mod only when raw+translation, full scanlation or an official translation is out.

Reaction score
Solid continuation, hopefully we see what the Top of Horns are capable of, and how they compare to the Shinigami.

P. H. May

Story Fan
Reaction score
Other nice chapter this week.

I'm enjoying the world building of Soul Society West Branch.
Wizards taking a dragonbus and London Press turning into a Reverse London Press are examples of littles details that enriches the story and makes me want to know more about this world.

I wonder if Reverse London was created by a magic similar to the method used by the quincies to create the Wandereich.
Maybe magics/kidos are techniques that can be used by all people, but the ones with high spiritual energy have more facility in learning it.

This second chapter was a surprise for me. I really didnt expect the story to cut off the action and jump for another storyline.
At same time I want to see where this story is going - Why Bruno attacked Ninny and What connection he has with Macy - Im afraid it is too much plot for more just 2 chapters.
I wanted it to be a well paced full series:cry:

Images of the Top of Horns in the anime were posted and I enjoyed the job made by the animation studio.
I ranted how some of them resembled other Bleach Characters, but in color they got their own personality.
EgrVbXMVgAMc7Er.jpeg.jpg
EgrVbXNU4AApR0P.jpeg.jpg
EgrVbXNVkAA0lfG.jpeg.jpg
EgrVbXUU0AAC0m0.jpeg.jpg

And Sullivan was confirmed as a man for me:LOL:

Last edited:

Deathking

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
I really like the world building. Different dragons for different uses is a great idea. Good character depths in these 2 chapters.

Reaction score
Chapter 2 "Ghillie Suit" Trivia

I'll post a review tomorrow.

Kubo's comment from Issue #39: https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/mangaka-musings-08-30-2020
Some of you may have figured it out already, but there will be color pages with every chapter. Come on!

The view count on MangaPlus:
~ Cummulative 196,251
~ Cummulative English 165,702
~ Cummulative Spanish 30,549

The view count on 24th August was 102,421+17,214=119,635. The increase over the week:
~ Total 76,616
~ English 63,281
~ Spanish 13,335

Also, there's a poll organized by Mangahelpers every week, meant to parallel the actual WSJ ToC votes (though it's more complex, twofold, system). This is the standing from last week: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...-discussion-and-toc-talk.3015155/post-5336663
Shinuki no Reborn said:
MANGAHELPERS POLL ISSUE #38 (2020) - VOTING RESULTS

1. Chainsaw Man 81 - 207 Votes
2. Mashle 27 - 99 Votes
3. My Hero Academia 281 - 96 Votes
4. Undead Unluck 28 - 90 Votes
5. Burn The Witch 1 (New Series) - 80 Votes
6. Mission: Yozakura Family 47 - 79 Votes
7. Black Clover 261 - 78 Votes
8. One Piece 988 - 58 Votes
9. Kaiju No.8 7 & 8 - 57 Votes
10. Jujutsu Kaisen 118 - 39 Votes
11. Hard-Boiled Cop and Dolphin 7 - 36 Votes
12. Magu-chan: God of Destruction 8 - 35 Votes
13. Agravity Boys 32 - 30 Votes
14. Dragon Ball Super 63 - 29 Votes
15. Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 49 - 20 Votes
16. Me & Roboco 6 - 20 Votes
17. Time Paradox Ghostwriter 13 - 19 Votes
18. Dr. Stone 162 - 18 Votes
19. Ayakashi Triangle 9 - 13 Votes
20. Ghost Reaper Girl 4 - 13 Votes
21. Moriking 16 - 11 Votes
22. We Never Learn 170 - 8 Votes
23. World's End Harem: Britannia Lumiére 1, 2 & 3 (New Series) - 5 Votes
24. Bone Collection 15 (Final) - 4 Votes

Notes:

-41 Poll Voters + 30 Comment Voters
-Tied mangas decided by which is older
-Total number of votes is the combined between both polls

Reaction score
Tite Kubo is full of ideas. I enjoyed learning about the different dragons and related life forms. Beautiful art again and interesting.

Balgo had some degree of a relapse into his annoying beginnings. It is not as bad as it was but I didn't need this.

The story is somewhat chaotic to me, maybe also because I remember so little from the one-shot. I didn't really warm up to this chapter. Maybe this will change when I read it again tomorrow.

Tom2rules

Judgement of the Dead
Reaction score
Quite liked this chapter too, Balgo did slip back into his pervy nature again but aside from that we still have far less of that kind of fanservice here than in the one shot. I still don't like that side of his character all THAT much, but it still makes for his own character and am glad it wasn't completely forgotten about.

That aside, more world building this time around. We got a nice expansion on the dragons. In the One-shot we got the idea of them being more like natural resources but now they also got resource in daily life too. Also, interesting take on R-London being a literal mirror of the real deal, including hiding their paper within the real one and buildings being destroyed on both sides if one side goes.

That could be quite...insane if anything massive happens in Reverse London.

Kubo still has his talent with making qeird looking creatures. Last chapter we got a fairly normal dragon until its face fell off, and now we have Macy's Dragon Elly, which looks like a four armed bird faced nightmare.

Next chapter is looking like its going to end up as a three way mess given Macy and her Dragon, our team, and now one of the big men up top. This sounds like its gonna be chaos next time and I'm looking forward to it.