• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Burn the Witch 1 "Witches Blow A New Pipe": Spoilers and Discussions

How do you rate Burn the Witch chapter 1 and why?

• 3 - Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Passable

• 1 - Not good

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Chapter Thread Rules

Discuss the chapter on BA on Discord as well:

• Check the second post for spoilers and pics before asking for/posting them. Spoilers usually arrive on Wednesday morning.
  • All forum rules still apply, just use common sense and just be nice.
  • If you have a spoiler, PM it to a online mod or spoiler provider so the thread can be opened. Do not post it in another thread where it doesn't belong.
  • Posting direct links to illegally hosted copyrighted material, is no longer allowed. Sharing images within spoiler tags from these sites is fine, but no links taking you there.
  • Don't post claiming something is yours when it is not; you will be banned.
  • As per the forum rules, short posts, anything less then a sentence about 50 characters, are looked down on. Keep spam to a minimum, use the reaction system or VM's if needed.
  • Spoiler pics are only posted from known reliable sources. Do not post/send us spoilers that may be false.
  • No Babelfish/Google translations. Try and avoid just to post to ask for a translation/scanlation. It will come when it does.
  • If you are posting our spoilers/translations on your site, please give credit if it is requested and link back to BA if possible.
  • Rating poll will be added by a mod only when raw+translation, full scanlation or an official translation is out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Updage. The chapter is out: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007614

SPOILERS have been posted on Bleach Reddit. Read at your own risk: https://old.reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/idtirj/spoilers_burn_the_witch_c1/

Credits to ProjectMayhem.
Some key details from the chapter:-
  • Ninny Spangcole; Idol, Lead of the Girl Group [Cecil Die Twice]
  • Niihashi Noel; Student, 2nd Year, South Braxton School
  • Story takes place in Reverse-London; Normal London's citizen cannot see dragons.
  • Billy Banx Jr was fired from Sabres and moved back to Pipers.
  • Ninny works for results; Noel works for money.
  • Seems like there's ordinary people in Reverse-London as well.
  • There's a law known as Anti-Dragon-Contact Law, in which normal citizens cannot come into contact with any dragon. Only qualified witch/wizard can have direct contact with dragon.
  • Dragon-Disaster-Insurance covers only cost of windows damage repair.
  • Phone licking procedure is to test for the presence of dragon toxin inside the body.
  • Citizens without "talents" or "powers" will produce this dragon toxin in their body when they come into contact with dragon; and if the toxin level crosses a certain level, they become Dragonclad like Balgo.
  • Dragonclad is a disease for citizen who are in contact with dragon over a long period of time and most important symptom shown is that they have a strong element in them that "attracts" dragon
  • Noel subdued the dragon momentarily before it "blackened" and turn into a "Dark Black Dragon".
  • Evacuation order is broadcasted.
  • Noel tries to contact Sabres to takeover but Ninny ended her call and wants to use this prove their strength instead.
  • Ninny wants to join the Sabres, but Noel doesn't.
  • Normal dragon will only attack humans when they're hungry; dark dragon have strong interest in humans and will actively attack and harm humans. Hence only one way to deal with them is extermination.
  • This is the first time a dark dragon appears in reverse london since 96 years ago.
  • Letting the bastard Balgo be free is a wrong decision, says Bruno.
  • Wolfgang's team, the Gallows has been monitoring Balgo for a month after he turns into a Dragonclad.
  • They had discussion but couldn't come out with a solution, hence the problem grows bigger and he announce the begin of extermination procedure of Dragonclad Balgo.
Kubo art is still amazing. Please note that this is a rough translation based on the scanlation we have now. Names might be different from the official translation.
Please support the original release on Mangaplus when it's out as well.

Higher quality WSJ Issue 38/2020 cover: https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/status/1296434956672139266
NatnV9f.png

Colour spread from chapter one (credit to the same ProjectMayham as with spoilers above):
Fgk2wQb.png

The tankōbon will be released on 02nd October, synchronous with the film's theatrical release (credit to Jovan from Mangahelpers).

p6BxdPK.jpg

Last edited:

P. H. May

Story Fan
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Already read through a Scan in my native language.
Avoiding spoilers, I will try to not comment about the story, just trivia.

Very nice chapter. It continues the story of the one-shot.

Noel and Nini are two teen girls that live in the regular London, but have a "second indentity" working as witches for the Wing Bind organization. It gives me some vibes similar to Ichigo´s secret job as substitute soul reaper.

The wizards can summon magics through their pistols wands. For me, is very clear that these "magics" are the equivalent of kidou in the Soul Society "East Branch".

Talking about branches, I really hope Kubo clarify what is Reverse London. Because it is shown that there´s people living there. But... are they souls? Or just normal people living in another dimesion?
If the reverse londoners are souls, so who do the job to take the souls to Soul Society? Wizards too?

I hope Kubo answer these questions, but seems that the 4 chapter story will be focus just in the dragons and the trouble with Balgo.

The only thing that I disliked in the chapter is Kubo´s lack of criativity to draw different faces. Not just Balgo who looks identical to Ichigo, others characters also resemble some Bleach Characters.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your opinions May. Can't wait for the scans to be up somewhere because all official channels are blocked for me.

P. H. May

Story Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your opinions May. Can't wait for the scans to be up somewhere because all official channels are blocked for me.

It's awesome that we can now read these chapters in a legal and official way. But it's sad that the leaks are posted days until the oficial release...

Not to mention that the official release in Shonen Jump App and Manga Plus doesn't include many languages.

NeoPlatonist

Life is a song cue . . .
Reaction score
Well - I have enjoyed the spoilers greatly and can't wait until MangaPlus official release comes out. I did an Edit of the panels introducing the new branch members. It's fun that each branch will have it's own Zodiac sign.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Actually the chapter is out on Mangaplus ( I think 🤔) next chapter is August 30th

I see a lot characters characterization resembling Bleach characters. The incantations are similar to kido and other types of incantations that were used in Bleach as well.

The individuals above reminds me of the magic council in Fairy Tail

Last edited:

Deathking

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
Great first chapter. The world building is already good and i am looking forward to the next chapter.
I am glad that Balgo did not say anything about underwear.

Also love that Kido is back.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the link, Polgarena! :)

I hope the one-shot will arrive as well. So far I have read the first chapter once but intend to do so again tomorrow.

Yes, Deathking, my memory is not the best but the repeated joke about "I can see your panties" really got on my nerves. I am glad that Tite Kubo didn't repeat this.

This start is much better. I admittedly rolled my eyes about the picture showing one of the girls with a lolly. It reminded me too much of the colour picture showing the Bleach Femritters. But this first chapter showed the two female leads in a very good way and all the other characters were appealing too.

The artwork is wonderful and now he is beginning to show his skill at world building and character development as well. After I was not too pleased with the one-shot, now I am actually looking forward to the next chapter.