• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yesterday the British citizens voted in a referendum if they want to stay in the European Community or leave. The first thing I did this morning is looking at the result:

Britain will leave the EU.

My daughter said she is not surprised. They had a survey at school. All the teachers voted for staying in. Most of the students wanted out.

It is early days and I will look for more information in time but it seems Scotland and the London region are the main parts of Britain who wanted to stay. Especially the Midlands want out.

No EU country ever wanted to leave before. I am sad and disappointed. And I am also somewhat scared.

I have been living in Britain for decades. I am a German with an English daughter but after an industrial accident a very long time ago I have been unable to work. I get most of my disability pension from Germany and I am contributing by raising a child. I am a foreigner who doesn`t pay taxes and is mostly a burden to this country. Maybe I have to wonder when people will insist that I return where I come from. My daughter is worried.

I looked at the news for a moment. The Pound plummeted in value. Some politicians call for unity. Unity - really?

This will be bad. :(

Yuu-pon

We press on
Reaction score
What!? The adults ( who have been around long enough to understand how the world works and have learned to be practical and realistic) voted " no" while a bunch of idealistic millenials who have no clue how the real world actually works voted FOR it!?

I'm shocked! SHO-yah, I'm not.

It's really no different than the Bernie bros here. Higher minimum wage free healthcare, free college, free everything! Because that's totally how things work, right? Man power and resources only cost money because the big evil white Christian say so! Booo!

Ugh.

I hope this will not the begining of....a great contributor to collapse of well, pretty much everything.

Last edited:

Black Kaiser

Stand Ablaze
Reaction score
B.Haddrell it doesn't sound you are a burden to that country at all.

It's really no different than the Bernie bros here. Higher minimum wage free healthcare, free college, free everything!

Just a note, free everything =/= free healthcare and free college. Healthcare should be free because for the advanced countries a human life is supposed to be priceless and college must be free because proper education make a country's people less susceptible to demagogy and non-democratic politics.

There are people who can afford 10 cars, they have millions of money stored in off-shores avoiding taxation, they earn thousands a day because they kick a ball and saving people's lives for free is the problem?

Seraphina

"In other news..."
Reaction score
Just woke up. Almost didn't want to look at the result. Urh...

Well, I hope they're proud of themselves. And that they enjoy the ecnomic downside that go along with it, and that they enjoy living under an increasingly right wing Tory government that will soon not have to concern itself with oversight from Europe.

The one consoling factor I have is that this is surely a demonstration of how broken the union is, and how Scotland's voice cannot be and never will be heard so long as we remain part of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

Not a single region of Scotland had a leave majority. Not one. But it gets better: Even if the 38% of Scots who voted to leave had voted to stay...if 100% of the Scottish voted had been to say....the Remain still would have won. Because what Scotland wants and voted for can never out muscle the massively larger number of English voters who hold political positions far further to the right than the majority of Scots.

I hope the No voters are happy that, twice now, they've allowed Scotland to bend over at take it.

Grimmjow-V.L

Banned
Reaction score
Don't worry B.Haddrell, England is doing it fine if they want to leave the EU, Germany indirectly forced the situation and it's not difficult to explain why it's so, Germany is the main leader in the EU, they have more influence than any other country in the EU, they literally carry EU's main financial transactions worldwide, so Germany played dirty and used the Greek, the Italian and the Spain crisis as pretext to improve their financial position, now you question yourself how it can be possible? Germany is currently using the so-called bailout/financing rescue as pretext to improve their own financial situation even between EU members in crisis, by devaluing the €/Euro at one certain level and so be capable of selling their exports with greater success, to compete better with foreign economies/influences, etc..., I don't know if I should call the German government as corrupt or astute, but England does not obtain any benefit by what Germany is currently doing, Germany is doing endless profit from the European crisis.

Last edited:

Luana Rainbow

The horror was for love
Reaction score
I woke up this morning and read the news... I'm shocked.
I'm honestly scared. I don't even live in UK, but I have relatives there and I consider London my second home.

T.T

Seraphina

"In other news..."
Reaction score
Aaaaaand the pound has fallen to its lowest value since before I was born.

Good start to clawing back your Empire, eh, England? :)

Mac

Reaction score
Yeah I like a lot of people were 50/50 on the vote. It is quite upsetting though given a lot of peoples reasons to leave. But this may work out for the better. I dont know. Quite upsetting on one hand but looking forward to the good that may come from this. Still feel quite concerned though.

Orochimaru

Aizen level
Reaction score
I wonder if there are people who sold considerable sums of pounds yesterday before the results came in to buy more of them today, somehow I've been a slowpoke not to do that.

Seraphina

"In other news..."
Reaction score
Now lots of far right groups in other countries are rising up to demand their own referendums...

Funny how the desire to leave the EU is often associated with far right political parties that are often borderline hate groups, isn't it? :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36615879

It's almost as if leaving isn't actually in the best interests of the average person, but might be in the best interests of the 1% (which EU laws in part protect us from, and why I suspect so many Tories as the filthy rich owners of the UK media have argued for it), and the right wing bampots who would love nothing more than to see a slide towards a fascist state (which EU law definitely protects us from).

Shares and the pound continue to fall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36611512

Happy now? :yell Did you like the last recession so much you thought you decided you wanted another one? Did all that advice from all of the world's economic experts fall on deaf ears? Or are we starting to move in the direction of rural America where things like "expert opinion" are things to be sneered at instead of listened to?

I should really stop linking the BBC, though...they're a collection of biased, unprincipled tossers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.