• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Boku no Hero Academia

Nakura

Sweet Nothings
Reaction score
There was no episode this week. The timeslot it is in takes a break this time every year. It will resume on July 8th.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm here to ask if there was an episode this week because I couldn't find one in the usual pages I watch anime on. For a moment I tought that maybe the season was over but I checked in MAL and the info said it will air till september. So is it possible there was no episode this week? Do you know why?

Hey there! Because Hero Academia is slated for a 24 (or 25?) episode season, there's typically a mid-season break. Right now we're in that week. The next episode is slated for July 8th (so this weekend) and it will resume as it has all this time so far. Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Season 2, Episodes 14 - 18

The Stain Arc, albeit short, is one of the key story pieces in the BNHA universe. The Yuuei students got to experience various sidvs of the hero calling, Deku and other characters (most notably Iida, Todoroki, Stain and Shigaraki) received good characterization and Stan has rightfully became one of the most iconic characters.

The anime team has done a great job once again. Although there were some scenes that worked better in the manga (Deku's and Tenya's simultaneous attack against Stain), the overall animation quality and direction were excellent. The color schemes were particularly good as well as the sound editing (I would like to single out the use of pauses in three scenes: first when Stain overpowered Shigaraki at the VA's HQ, then when Stain met Iida and said "I see... Die", and finally, when Deku arrived to rescue Tenya just before his first Smash).

Some of the best scenes in my opinion were: Izuku's and Gran Torino's three minute training, Noumu crashing into the train, Stain's maneuverability, the Iida family flashbacks, several segments from the Yuuei students VS Stain, Todoroki's flashback, Endeavor VS Noumus, Tenya finally standing up, Stain's speech and intimidating aura, the "Hand Crusher" scene and the appearance of some of the future Villain Alliance members.

Other/random comments:
~ The visual side of the new opening and ending credits is the best so far. Songs are great too and I really like that Nana is in the OP. It's interesting that Midoriya's, Todoroki's, Ojiro's and Iida's partners for the End of Term Exam partners weren't shown. The ED is epic!
~ Based on the tone of the letter that came with Deku's new costume, is everyone in the support items development business like Hatsume Mei? :XD
~ It was nice to see other students' workplace experiences, especially Kirishima's and Tetsutetsu's scenes with Fourth King and the fact that Kyouka was with Deathgoro. Uwabami shooting a commercial was a workable footnote for Stain's arc, so it was a relief when Yaoyorozu and Kendo were finally able to go on patrol. I never imagined that Gunhead has such a cute voice, haha.
~ Gran Torino sleeping as well as the Takoyaki scenes were hilarious. The same goes for previews with Shigaraki, All Might and Gran Torino.
~ Manual is a good character. I like his Quirk and overall appearance, posture and character.
~ I hope that we haven't seen the last of Tensei. His Hero career may be over, but it would be good if he became a consultat or a teacher after rehabilitation. His injury was far more serious than Ectoplasm's (who has a prosthetic leg), but there's this feeling that he still has a lot to offer to the world.
~ It was good to find out more about Noumus (especially that they require behavior verification).
~ Iida showed some serious guts by taking a knife out of his hand with his teeth. Respect!
~ Funny how Iida and Midoriya made their beds, while Todoroki left his unkempt.
~ All Might's ringtone is even more hilarious in the anime.
~ I forgot that Giran lacks a tooth.

That's all for now; I'm looking forward for the remaining episodes (and a new season). :)

Reaction score
Season 2, Episodes 19 - 25

Boku no Hero Academia's 2nd season was excellent. It had a lot of strong points and the animation was very well done. Naturally, after Midoriya's and Todoroki's epic Sport Festival match and the battle against Stain, I suppose that not a lot of budget was left for more epic animation sequences during the End of Term Exams arc. But even that arc had many enjoyable and excellent moments. I'll try to focus on those that were the best in my opinion.

Episode 19 was a good anime only episode. I thought that more students would be featured. Kyoka had a nice little scene. Kirishima's and Tetsutetsu's community work was hilarious. Selkie is an interesting character - I like his Quirk as well as his design including the practical fins on his boots.

Episode 20 animated one of the most important scenes in the series. I love how Gran Torino asked Midoriya about his (hero) name when they said goodbye to each other. Iida's pledge to become a proper hero was fun. The best part of the episode and one of the best parts in the season was the backstory about All For One and One For All. Stylistically unique, it managed to further build the BNHA universe, hype the villains and lead to the most emotional scene yet - All Might bracing himself to tell Midoriya that he probably won't be there when Deku fights AFO. It was beautifully arranged, all with the musical crescendo and overall arrangement.

Episode 21 showed the kids preparing for the written exam. Yaoyorozu's enthusiasm was sweet. I'm not a fan of the changed schedule of the students' practical exams. It was OK, but the exam lost some tension from the changed schedule. All Might's fashionably late landing was fantastic. The same could be said for Kyouka's jab at Present Mic.

Episode 22, aside from the main attraction (Todoroki and Yaoyorozu Vs. Aizawa), focused on Tsuyu's and Tokoyami's battle against Ectoplasm and I loved it because it was well done and it managed to portray Ectoplasm as a good fighter, tactician and teacher. His voice actor did a good job too. I also loved how the animation team extended Iida's and Ojiro's battle against Powerloader. My favourite part of Todoroki's and Yaoyorozu's exam is the fact that Aizawa ran on wires! :laser The animation was good too - the giant ice attack and the climax with the slow motion combo of Yaoyorozu's device and Todoroki's fire. It was so cute of Recovery Girl to tell how Aizawa is a softie at heart.

Episode 23 started with Uraraka and Aoyama barely capturing Thirteen. Aoyama's victory pose was hilarious - I don't know if it was drawn in the manga that way. Villain Principal Nedzu was excellent. But, the highlight was surely Kyouka's and Kouda's battle against Present Mic who showed them the difference in their powers with style. He was so annoyingly loud even though he was a rather passive villain interpreter in general. It was funny how Kyouka's voice actor conveyed her surprised at Kouda being able to speak. "You Say Run" had an interesting arrangement and it was so nice that it was used during Kouda's big moment of all people (because people always try to predict when this track will be used, but nobody saw it coming this time).

Episode 24 was nicely done. Midoriya and Bakugo were a mess of a team and that part of the battle was well transitioned into the anime. The feeling remains that this episode could've been done better. For example, Bakugo saying how All Might is the highest wall and the greatest hero could've had more impact. But, the important scenes were good - Bakugo and Deku launching their combined attack on All Might, Deku punching Bakugo and All Might and All Might's big air punch (the best part of the chapter, together with the small scene of All Might's foot stomp alone sending surges of air towards the boys).

Episode 25 was an excellent end for the season. The showdown at the Villain Alliance hideout was intense. It once again showed how important Kurogiri is. Dabi's voice is good, but I don't like Toga's voice. To me, one of the funniest moments in the season comes from this episode when Aizawa enters the classroom and says that once the bell rings all students should be in their seats followed by the footstep sounds of students rushing to their seats. Moving on to the most important part of the episode - Midoriya's and Shigaraki's meeting. Shigaraki's face couldn't have been as detailed as in the manga, but the team did a pretty good job at adapting it in the anime. The entire scene was well done - from Shigaraki's expression when he sees two kids being excited about Stain to Uraraka's voice actor in the "Get your hands off of him" moment, Shigaraki's "apology" and the side by side comparison of Midoriya and Shigaraki at the end of the scene. The epilogue scene with All Might and Tsukauchi promising to catch All For One this time, followed by All For One's post credit scene was powerful.

I'm looking forward the third season as it should be the best one so far. :D

Edit: I forgot to mention how through her comments, it became obvious that Recovery Girl knows Aizawa and Yamada all the way back from their student days. She knew them for such a long time and that's why she knows who they truly are.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Half way through season 2 so far and the Anime is great so far, there are some characters whose coloring could be superior but most of everything else about it including the voice acting is amazing. :p