• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Bleach novel: We do knot always love you

Reaction score
No, ETBTR happened about 20-30 years ago in Bleach time...I think it's more closer to 20. Kaien was already dead when Isshin left to fight White; and probably why he was so fixated on Toshiros report and why he went alone to face White. Fifty years ago Byakuya married Hisana, five years later Hisana died and then the following year after Hisana's death is when Byakuya found Rukia and when Rukia joined the 13th squad...so Rukia had been around a bit but it could be contributed to other factors why she seemingly doesn't remember Isshin: 1) memory replacement and 2) something having to do with her first trip to the world of the living

Reaction score
Again I was close to my tears :'D Great part and I guess that's really Rukia's happiest day. She not only marries the man she loves but also gets some conclusion on Kaien's and Ukitake's case. If I only read the novel without knowing what happens after the time skip, I would've guessed Rukia soon becomes a captain but it still took her some years to get herself ready it seems. Well, she acted as the vacant captain anyway, so aside from the official thing, there were no big changes to her anyway.

Toshiro as the camera guy was cute. I wish I could see all the pictures being made at that day. Also it seems like the next part will be the last, with Renji talking to Ichigo, which was the reason he left Rukia behind here.

Reaction score
Thank you, SandLeaf, for sharing another part of MissStormCaller's translation! I can't thank both of you enough - also this part is one of my favourites. :)

Orihime and her camera - I can imagine that copies of these pictures will be placed in a special wedding edition of Hisagi's paper. It should sell well - maybe also among some of Ichigo's human friends who stayed on the world of the living. Rukia being surrounded by the female guests wearing colourful kimonos. I had to smile when Shunsui admired the sight when Orihime took that picture.

"Again a person has entrusted me with something of great importance and passed away" - this thought had a very strong impact on me. The word bittersweet comes to mind. This background of the captain's haori is about ends but also beginnings. Both men, Kaien and Ukitake, shaped Rukia and taught her, not only about her powers but also about being a good person, a good leader. It took Rukia a long time to move past the trauma of Kaien's tragic death and her experiences. Rukia had to learn to allow her heart to grow afterwards, something that also happened thanks to Ukitake.

I am happy that Rukia eventually felt ready to wear this precious haori but at this point in time, she was not quite ready. I think it was mentioned that Tite Kubo intended to tell the story how Rukia became a captain and it was probably not just the last two chapters. If the last arc will be rewritten for the anime, this should definitely be part of it.

I like the tradition of giving money to a newly wed couple and I smiled about the idea that Renji and Rukia, probably accompanied by Matsumoto and a few other good friends, going on a shopping trip to the world of the living, spending some of the money and have fun. They would invite Ichigo and his closest friends, too, maybe Isshin as well. :)

Speaking of Isshin: I don't think Rukia expected it that Ichigo's dad is Isshin Shiba. With his beard he also looked different. Even if she realized Isshin's true identity, I think she knew that she should keep this quiet. Ichigo obviously didn't know and even if Rukia did not understand, she would respect Isshin's decision.

What got my attention is this: Uryuu said "I have to go soon". Why? It could be harmless and just mean that Uryuu has to return in time for a new shift in the hospital. But maybe he was only allowed to attend the wedding withing a specific time frame. Especially with the lies being used as a substitute for truth, I am sure that the Royal Guard was not happy about his visit. But not inviting Uryuu at all wouldn't have been a good idea either - there would be opposition, from Ichigo definitely.

One last part and the novel is finished - I am looking forward to it but I am also hoping we will get news soon about the next one, the Hisagi novel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rukia being surrounded by the female guests wearing colourful kimonos. I had to smile when Shunsui admired the sight when Orihime took that picture.

"Again a person has entrusted me with something of great importance and passed away" - this thought had a very strong impact on me. The word bittersweet comes to mind.

Speaking of Isshin: I don't think Rukia expected it that Ichigo's dad is Isshin Shiba. With his beard he also looked different. Even if she realized Isshin's true identity, I think she knew that she should keep this quiet. Ichigo obviously didn't know and even if Rukia did not understand, she would respect Isshin's decision.

What got my attention is this: Uryuu said "I have to go soon". Why? It could be harmless and just mean that Uryuu has to return in time for a new shift in the hospital. But maybe he was only allowed to attend the wedding withing a specific time frame. Especially with the lies being used as a substitute for truth, I am sure that the Royal Guard was not happy about his visit. But not inviting Uryuu at all wouldn't have been a good idea either - there would be opposition, from Ichigo definitely.

Actually Toshiro was the one who took the picture, for Orihime to join the girls in their pic :D

I agree. That's just like Shunsui, to say something that sad in such a half comedic, sarcastic way.

It's really hard to me to pinpoint the exact moment Rukia noticed Ichigo's dad is Isshin. I don't think she noticed it right at the start. Like you said, Isshin looks quite different now and it's been at least 20 years. You tend to forget people's faces during such a long time. Also Ichigo, Yuzu and Karin call him "dad" or "father" and the others "Kurosaki san/sensei", so it probably took a while until Rukia heard of "Isshin" again. Maybe Ichigo's face, which resembles Kaiens in some way helped her connecting the dots too. Or maybe Urahara just told her about it :D

I feel like you overthink that one scene. That would shift the mood from happy to quite dark to me. I think Ishida is just very strict to himself and takes his responsibilities serious and that's why he said he has to go soon. And maybe that's just me being all positive but I don't think anyone at Soul Society bears ill will towards Ishida anymore. He was a major role in taking down Yhwach, so it would be weird to me if they exclude him only because he's a Quincy. I know the Royal Guards aren't telling the true and play their own games but I'm sure they know about Ishida and consider him an ally.

Reaction score
Last part is up http://missstormcaller.tumblr.com/post/159080641087/we-do-knot-always-love-you-part-19-full

I loved the conversation between Renji and Ichigo since I felt everything came into full circle; Renji thanked Ichigo for bringing him and Rukia back together and now he's doing his part in helping Ichigo get together with Orihime. Also love how Ichigo is so polite with Orihime when asking her to make some time for him. He's very cute when he's in love, nice to see a different side to him.

The album idea of Orihime's was so sweet. I wish Kubo would've drawn more sketches. I would've loved to see a group picture of the six nakama.

------
Huge, huge thanks to MissStormCaller! Really thankful that she took the time out of her day throughout the past few months to translate and type out the entire novel for us little by little. I loved the entire thing, and I'm so excited for the Hisagi one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@ Melody-

Thank you for correcting my memory. It was very nice of Toshiro to help out and take the picture! :)

I hope you are right about Uryuu and the Soul Society but I can't shake off my bad feelings. I probably woud feel differently if we had at least some news about the status of the Quincy race. This is the main thing I want to learn from the Hisagi novel.

@ Shoujo

Thank you so much for sharing the last part of MissStormCaller's translation! I am very grateful that she shared this experience with us, allowing us fans who don't know Japanese to enjoy this book as well. Matsubara did a great job, I very much agree with that. And I am looking forward to Narita's novel. It also makes me very happy that this novel sold well.

The end of the book explains a lot. It was mentioned that Ichigo gave Renji the push to bring him and Rukia together. Both of them are confident, strong people now. I doubt it that Ichigo had to push very hard because the link between Rukia and Renji has been there from the beginning. It needed to mature and both of them needed to realize certain things.

Ichigo and admitting his feelings towards a friend that are about showing affection, this has never been his strength. Between him and another male, it often leads to scenes like the typical bickering between Ichigo and Uryuu. It is meant affectionate. But I noticed telling Uryuu that he is worried about him or is sorry is something he never did - any such outbursts like when Uryuu was attacked and in hospital and what happened on the dome take place when Uryuu can't hear him or it doesn't happen at all.

And Orihime always had problems with opening up to Ichigo. She loves him but he seems to be out of reach - maybe comparable to how Renji felt for a long time when it comes to Rukia. I have different preferences but I believe Ichigo and Orihime are happy together. And that is the most important thing.

Reaction score
Well that was underwhelming. I still say my review holds up, the novel doesn't develop the relationships at all while ignoring the elephant in the room of ichigo and rukias relationship. Cuteness factor wears off and isn't an excuse for the poor writing for one-sided pairings that were inconsistent with the manga.

It's meh at best. Not a real great story.

Reaction score
It's finally here, the part I was excited about and waited for all the time. That scene was pure bliss to me but I better put a stop here before fangirling too much. >.< If you want to read all my feelings about it, I've just posted a huge text about it in the IchiHime FC. What I can tell you though, it's also nice for Renji and Ichigo to support each other that much about their own love interests. Renji kind of returned the favor by that now.

All in all the novel gets a 10/10 from me. It really entertained me from start to end and it made me even care about the characters I'm not that much a fan from. I think Matsubara really nailed every character and stayed faithful to the Bleach verse. I'll make sure to buy it when I'm in Japan this summer.
Of course I'm excited about Narita's novel now, although not that much like I was for that one. But at this point I want to absorb every little new thing about Bleach so I take what I get :D

Reaction score
This has to be the best Bleach novel I have ever read to date. This all thanks to MissStormCaller who took time out of her busy day to translate the entire novel into English. In turn, I believe it helped many Bleach fans have access to novel. In fact, I remember seeing parts of the novel translated into Spanish on Tumblr. This is all based off of MissStormCaller's translation.

There a few funny moments and I'm just like, wow. &#55357;&#56838; Can't wait to read the novel featuring Shuhei Hisagi.

Reaction score
The novel was better than I expected it to be, though I must admit I'm not at all interested in any kind of shipping at all. Still for what's it worth I've had fun reading it and the Komamura/pups stuff are probably my favorite bits. :D

I'm excited for the Hisagi novel, hopefully we get a release date soon.