• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Bleach novel: Can't Fear Your Own World-By Narita Ryohgo

How Do You Rate CFYOW?

• 5/5

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • 4/5

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • 3/5

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankoholic v2.0

In Hell Since 2013
Reaction score
I too am glad to see Meninas back. Hopefully this storyline will make up for her lack of screen time in the final arc. Also, hopefully there will eventually be a 'Fem Ritters' reunion by the time this light novel (or series if it's going on longer than two) is done. And maybe the three of them in dire straights eventually freed of their varying forms of zombified servitude. That'd be nice.

Reaction score
I haven't really been keeping up with what's going on in the novel, so I've got a question. Are there any characters who died in the final arc that actually stayed dead? Reading some of the information here, it seems that a lot of characters that supposedly died in the final arc, both heroes and villains alike, have all somehow been brought back to life in one way or another. I'm not sure how I feel about all these characters suddenly having their deaths reversed like that. Part of what made the final arc so impactful was that people actually started dying, and not just on the villain side. It raised the stakes and gave everything a sense of urgency, but now all of that has been taken away by bringing back nearly everyone who died. I don't like how this novel just makes a mockery of character death like that and treats it like something trivial. From what I can tell, it seems that Chojiro, Yamamoto, and Ukitake are the only characters who truly died in the final arc.

Tom2rules

Judgement of the Dead
Reaction score
Besides the recent Quincy resurrections via Mayuri's antics in science, I don't really think many characters who died in the final arc have come back. No shinigami notable that died so far has come back (Unohana, Yamamoto, Chojiro, and Ukitake).

Really, the only characters that have literally come back to life are the Quincy Mayrui has been bringing back and one or two that escaped into Hueco Mundo. No one else has really come back, we've just gotten some clarifications on fates that were left hanging at the end of the manga due to its sudden end.

Characters like Yoruichi, Urahara, and the arrancars like Grimmjow, Nel, and Harribel had their fates left unknown, but we never got a confirmation on them being alive or dead. Hell, thats what pissed a lot of people off about that and these novels are giving us a clarification on what happened to hem.

And really, so far it seems like more of the lessor explored Quincy are being brought back, like Meninas, who didn't get to do much in the manga before being screwed over by Pepe. So despite how much I'd like to see Bazz or Haschwald again, I doubt we'll see them get resurrected, or any big antagonists back again.

Reaction score
It's just the Femritters and Nanana.

It's not like they had confirmed deaths. Candice didn't even die, Mayuri said he was almost a corpse when he found her.

Reaction score
Mayuri actually said she was dead. He rebooted her. Bazz-B told Haschwalth that there were several causalities during the Auswahlen.

So far only Quincy are coming back to life. Though it's not just a few, but a room full of Quincy. I imagine we will see a few more older faces again.

Reaction score
How many parts were there in volume 1? 6 parts right? We're now on part 7 of the second novel and still no signs of Hisagi's Bankai... this is worrying. Unless these 2 are like SAFWY where the second half is like twice the size of the first one.. (I haven't read any of the translations yet so I don't know what's happening in the novels)

I'd also like to see more than just Hisagi's Bankai.. for example the vizards..

Ankoholic v2.0

In Hell Since 2013
Reaction score
In time I'm sure Hisagi will get a chance to be the main character of the light novels again, as well as finally reveal his Bankai (no doubt against Tokinada). But for now, we have to deal with Mayuri Kurotsuchi usurping the focus from the actual advertised main character for more hilarious hi-jinks. It's just like old times with the series proper.

Reaction score
Part 8 is out now. Thanks, hypnodarkrai!

[link removed because of copyright reasons]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Scheneizel has translated the next part of the novel:
[link to Scheneizel's translation removed for copyright reasons]

Thank you very much! :)

I will add a comment as soon as possible.

It is interesting to learn a bit more about Hueco Mundo and the Arrancars. I like it that Harribel and Neliel are ruling this world together. Now that Neliel is stable as an adult two of the most able and stable Arrancars are forming a team. For ruling, especially a world that is shaped that much by survival of the fittest, rulers need to be more than strong. They need to be level headed as well.

Right now Hueco Mundo is much more of a democracy than the Soul Society. The irony behind it is interesting.

I agree with their conclusion that Grimmjow is after the child who intruded into Hueco Mundo, what Grimmjow sees as his territory.

It seems the arrival of Grimmjow distracted Mayuri enough to lose interest in fighting Fullbringers, for now. That Urahara might be involved definitely also played a part. Urahara indeed made a deal with Grimmjow but if it is still valid is a different question.

I didn't doubt it that Shunsui supported the deal Urahara made with some Arrancars. His conversation with Hisagi showed me again one of the reasons why I like Urahara so much in spite of the flaws this character also has. That the Soul Society declared the alliance as "unlawful" disappoints me but it certainly is no surprise.

I despise Tosen's actions but I agree with Hisagi that some of his ideas, his teachings are worth remembering and thinking about. But especially when it comes to Tosen, theory and practise are not always the same. On the other hand, that fact is worth remembering and thinking about. It is an important lesson and part of Tosen's legacy.

Scheneizel included her observations and I very much agree with them.

I wonder who and what has surrounded Karakura Town. I am very curious but we obviously have to wait until we find out. I hope Narita is well and that there are other reasons for the delay

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for the translation, scheneizel! :h5

~ I find it very interesting that Neliel came to discuss the future of Hueco Mundo with Harribel. It will be a long road, but the two of them (of course, with the help of others - including Grimmjow) can bring Hueco Munco to a stable footing. Something makes me think that Uryuu and Grimmjow would make a good fighting team.
~ Harribel made a good comment that Hikone's Zanpakuto is more dangerous than Hikone.

~ It was great to see (or, well, read about) Shinji again. He has a point, it's much easier to deal with Arrancars than Mayuri's department (minus Akon as he's the only sane man there).
~ Charlotte - ever the poet.
~ You know, I'm not surprised that Mayuri thought that Urahara is behind Grimmjow's intervention. It's just that Urahara would probably be much smoother about his alliance with the Arrancars and he would never made it obvious that he sent Grimmjow to Soul Society. No, this time Grimmjow came on his own accord, looking for Hikone and making a point that Hueco Mundo can no longer be seen as a playground.

~ I love it how Urahara plays with the saying that Shinigami used to be called “balancers” to explain his alliance with the Arrancars.
~ Urahara’s conversation with Hisagi shows that peace between realms can be sought and that it’s more important to share thousands of words than clashing their swords in war. He shows that also by saying that “only those who are present can change the future”. Since early on Urahara showed that he's capable to build bridges between characters from different backgrounds with his Shoten acting as an informal embassy that connects Realms.
~ Hisagi shows growth in determination when speaking about Tosen’s fate and his teachings.

~ The ending of the chapter is excellent! What a way to end this chapter before the hiatus, by not only having Urahara on alert, but the entire Karakura Town surrounded.

This was an excellent chapter. I hope that Narita’s health improves and that he manages to bring this book to an ending he originally envisioned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.