• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

BLEACH "NO BREATHES FROM HELL" Special 20th Anniversary Chapter (WSJ 36/37 2021)

How would you rate this chapter? Please explain your choice in the thread as well.

• Total voters

NeoPlatonist

Life is a song cue . . .
Reaction score
I am mostly keeping my expectations low. A 20th Anniversary Celebration would lend me to believe that it's going to be more of a broad view of many popular characters and a trip down memory lane/nostalgia. Remember "so and so" that you love? Etcetera. Grown-up Ichigo attending a ceremony could be several things from a wedding to a graduation ceremony, to installation of officers or the dedication of a building or monument.

It could be an Awards Ceremony - ICHIGO GOES TO THE OSCARS! o_O

I would be very surprised if it was new lore, or new bankai reveals, or new character development, or the resolution of any of the various dangling plot points from five years ago. If we get a wee taste of that, I would be thrilled - but I ain't holdin' my breath!

:nooos

Reaction score
I am hoping for at least something.... Little bits here and there and because Ichigo is the main character, we will at least learn something more substantial about him.

I hope it is not an "Isn't he great?" hero worship chapter for Ichigo. On the other hand, if someone mentions that he should become the next Soul King and we get Ichigo's reaction, that would be something interesting.

Reaction score
I think it is some kind of ceremony/meet up chapter. But since Kubo said there's still quite some stuff he wanted to draw, I think we can expect more Bleach chapters in the future, such as the Kisuke/Yoruichi backstory.

Reaction score
Well we know Ichigo wasn't there for Rukia's captain ceremony, so that leaves me with two theories. The first is Rukia and Renji's wedding from the We Do Knot Always Love You novel. I've always wanted to read that novel, but Viz still hasn't translated it, so seeing the main part of it drawn by Kubo would be even better. It would also mean a main cast heavy chapter which I'd be perfectly happy with. The other is something to do with a ceremony at the academy for Kazui and Ichika. That would mean this chapter takes place post 686 though, and looking at that picture of Ichigo Kubo drew, I'm just not sure if that's really Ichigo at an even older age.

Personally, I'm just happy we're even getting more Bleach manga. I don't think anyone ever expected another chapter from Kubo, and who knows, maybe he'll decide to do this every once in a while which would be really great. I'd love to see Urahara and Yoruichi's backstory in manga form, especially after I read that one interview with Narita I think it was where he mentioned how he basically begged Kubo to draw it because it sounded so cool.

Reaction score
Yay this is exciting! A new chapter! Im so happy!

Well we know Ichigo wasn't there for Rukia's captain ceremony, so that leaves me with two theories. The first is Rukia and Renji's wedding from the We Do Knot Always Love You novel. I've always wanted to read that novel, but Viz still hasn't translated it, so seeing the main part of it drawn by Kubo would be even better. It would also mean a main cast heavy chapter which I'd be perfectly happy with. The other is something to do with a ceremony at the academy for Kazui and Ichika. That would mean this chapter takes place post 686 though, and looking at that picture of Ichigo Kubo drew, I'm just not sure if that's really Ichigo at an even older age.

Personally, I'm just happy we're even getting more Bleach manga. I don't think anyone ever expected another chapter from Kubo, and who knows, maybe he'll decide to do this every once in a while which would be really great. I'd love to see Urahara and Yoruichi's backstory in manga form, especially after I read that one interview with Narita I think it was where he mentioned how he basically begged Kubo to draw it because it sounded so cool.
I'm really sad now because you spoiled it for me :( but yes happy for more bleach

Reaction score
E8AKtBGXoAIdhHP

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the English translation will be released? I'll have to stop following this thread because otherwise I'll see every page before the chapter and it won't be as interesting anymore...

Reaction score
I'm really sad now because you spoiled it for me :( but yes happy for more bleach
I'm not really sure what you mean, I didn't spoil anything. All I did was take a couple guesses on what the chapter would be about. As we can see now, I was completely off on my guesses. That "ceremony" was a huge red herring based on the spoilers I've seen.