• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Bleach Anime in the top 20 Crunchyroll Titles for Summer 2019

Reaction score
Bleach is in the top 5 sales for the first half of 2019 for TV Tokyo : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ofits-in-1st-half-of-fiscal-year-2019/.152840
  1. Naruto
  2. Boruto
  3. Yu-Gi-Oh!
  4. Black Clover
  5. Bleach
This is pretty awesome but also surprising. I understand Bleach making it to the top 5 last year because of the Live action movie, but this year. I wonder where they got their revenue from
? As for as for anime content, There have been no blu ray releases this year so far. Can only think of people buying older DVD's. Perhaps rebooting the entire anime with new animation wouldn't be a bad idea after all if there is enough interest for it.

Reaction score
Thank you, - Urahara - - this is very good news! Maybe the release of the Bleach novels helped to generate more interest. Also, the Blu Ray remastered boxes are hopefully selling well. I am buying the German versions which are combined with the original Japanese. They also appeared in Amazon.jp.

We already got the remastered boxes and at least to me, they do the trick. The result is beautiful and most of the flaws are gone. There are a few left but it is nothing that spoils my enjoyment.

I would prefer it if the Bleach anime will actually continue where it stopped with some key scenes as extended flashbacks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is really a good news. Seeing Bleach is in top 5 in any category is always satisfying and especially when there is hardly any new Bleach stuff in the market.

I have been hearing this news that some entertainment mediums like video games competitions would be held in order to promote Olympics in Japan. I heard the news about Street Fighter, but If any anime or manga related activity is endorsed for Olympics marketing besides gaming, I really hope Bleach sneaks its way in there...

Reaction score
Thank you, - Urahara - - this is very good news! Maybe the release of the Bleach novels helped to generate more interest. Also, the Blu Ray remastered boxes are hopefully selling well. I am buying the German versions which are combined with the original Japanese. They also appeared in Amazon.jp.
Yeah maybe. I'm happy it beat series like Fairy Tail even though that one had an anime until a month ago. This makes me believe Bleach has always been at least in the top 10 after the anime ended. The list we always get only shows the top 5. I think Bleach has always been a franchise with a lot of sales after the anime ended. Mainly thanks to overseas fans.

We already got the remastered boxes and at least to me, they do the trick. The result is beautiful and most of the flaws are gone. They are a few left but it is nothing that spoils my enjoyment. I would prefer it if the Bleach anime will actually continue where it stopped with some key scenes as extended flashbacks.
That goes for the material we got until now. Earlier this week I skimmed through the anime a little bit. I think the animation is fine most of the time. Added filler fighting sequences tend to have bad animation, but overall the only the only fight that annoyed in terms of animation was the first half of Nnoitra vs Kenpachi.

The big problem however like the others pointed out is the pacing. From the Hueco Mundo arc and onwards every episode has 5 minutes of recap. The rest of the episodes are just dragged out scenes that cover little manga material. They extend certain scenes(sometimes good, most of the time bad). Like for example in the manga Ichigo tried to protect Nelliel from Nnoitra, but he got kicked away. After that Nnoitra tortured him and Nel transformed. In the anime Nnoitra kicked him away like five times, with some badly animated sequences inbetween. It was basically Ichigo screaming ''I'll protect her'' 10 times and Orihime saying ''Kurosaki-kun'' everytime he got hurt . Something that should've been 2 minutes, took half of the episode. The Tesla torture scene also falls under this category. This basically happens every episode slowing down the progression of the story

They also added a lot of bad comedy scenes inbetween. The Pesche and Dodonchakka jokes were way too overused in the anime. Fights also dragged on too much with lot of still moments with pointless filler dialogues or fighting scenes. The 3-way fights between Kenpachi/Byakuya/Mayuri and the Espadas took 7 episodes. That's wayyy too much and could make them boring to the viewer. In contrary to the manga, the anime would jump from one fight to another making it annoying. One episode on each fight would be sufficient and make up for some epic individual episodes. Same goes for the first fights in the Hueco Mundo arc (Ichigo/Chad/Rukia/Uryuu vs privaron and Espada 9). The last 6 episodes of the FB arc are the perfect example of how the anime should handle many fights after each other or at once.

Fake Karakura Town arc was also dragged. Each fight took at least 1 episode, even the less interesting ones like the VC battles.
The whole Arrancar saga in the anime was like 110 episodes, while it should've been 80. New viewers would get bored with the arc because not much happens over the course of 10 episodes. It's a shame because the Arrancar saga is a good arc
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long story short: Animation at canon moments is fine, pacing is horrible. A Bleach Kai treatment removing all bad filler and increasing the pacing, with some polished art would be sufficient. However Dragon Ball Kai wasn't a big succes because people don't like to watch old anime aired on TV in Japan. Continuing the series where it left would mean the return of some of the old fanbase with some new fans. Making a new series could make Bleach as popular again as it was in its prime. Good examples of these are the reboot adaptions of HxH and JoJo.

Reaction score
As it was explained to me in the past: Bleach had to run non-stop. "Use it or lose it" - no breaks allowed or Bleach would lose its TV slot. This is why we got the long fillers and also the annoying stretchings and recaps. Another problem was (at least to me) that the Winter War was so successful that Tite Kubo was asked to stretch the story. At least this is what I heard.

I really dislike these artificial feeling A vs. B stories. Let's see what Bankais, Shikais and whatever people have and get some "cool" fight. Nothing against that if this is combined with a solid story and good character development. Unfortunately a lot of that was constructed the wrong way round: building a fight first and think of some reason for the fight later.

Some of these fights ARE canon. Therefore making differences here in the anime is not solving the problem.

What helps is that if/when Bleach the anime returns that it is produced in seasons. This means there would be no need for artificial stretchings and long filler stories unless they are planned this way and add to the Bleach series. I am hoping for more in the style of "Turn Back the Pendulum" and "Everything But The Rain". I heard that more of Urahara's and Yoruichi's backstory was planned. And I want to learn much more about the backstory of the Ishida family!

Reaction score
A bit late to the discussion, but thanks for sharing the news about Bleach being in the top 5 in sales for TV Tokyo. IIRC, Bleach has stayed in the top 5 on that list for quite some time. And that's quite an achievement; it shows how big Bleach as a franchise actually is when it manages to rank that high when the anime (the primary source of profit for TV Tokyo, I presume) ended 7 years ago.

I heard that more of Urahara's and Yoruichi's backstory was planned.

The thing with that: back when Rhyogo Narita and Matsubara Makoto had their question and answers session with Kubo while they were still planning what to write in their novels, Kubo let them know about Urahara and Yoruichi's backstory. Narita and Matsubara thought the story was excellent and that it would be a shame if it was to be told in any medium other than a manga and by any author other than Kubo. So, the two novel authors hope that Kubo would one day tell that story in a manga form.

wanda lensherr

Scarlet witch
Reaction score
Bleach is still one of the top 20 viewed anime titles on Crunchyroll, according to an article from Anime News Network (the list is alphabetical): https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...ces-most-viewed-anime-for-summer-2019/.152231

top-20-total-titles-1-.png.jpg

Top 20 Anime in Alphabetical Order:
  • Attack on Titan
  • Black Clover
  • Bleach
  • BORUTO: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
  • Dr. Stone
  • Dragon Ball Super
  • Fairy Tail
  • Fire Force
  • Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
  • Isekai Cheat Magician
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
  • My Hero Academia
  • Naruto
  • Naruto Shippūden
  • One Piece
  • The Rising of The Shield Hero
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

I would love to see an anime version. Its so good and i also want a complete version