• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Bleach Anime in the top 20 Crunchyroll Titles for Summer 2019

Reaction score
Bleach is still one of the top 20 viewed anime titles on Crunchyroll, according to an article from Anime News Network (the list is alphabetical): https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...ces-most-viewed-anime-for-summer-2019/.152231

Lynzee Loveridge said:
The list shows that action properties remain popular even if they ended years ago (Bleach, Naruto, and Naruto Shippūden) and the isekai subgenre is still going strong with fans (Shield Hero, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Isekai Cheat Magician).

top-20-total-titles-1-.png.jpg

Top 20 Anime in Alphabetical Order:
  • Attack on Titan
  • Black Clover
  • Bleach
  • BORUTO: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
  • Dr. Stone
  • Dragon Ball Super
  • Fairy Tail
  • Fire Force
  • Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
  • Isekai Cheat Magician
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
  • My Hero Academia
  • Naruto
  • Naruto Shippūden
  • One Piece
  • The Rising of The Shield Hero
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

Reaction score
That's kind of great news and I hope this will inspire them to animate the final arc. Thank you for the information!

Reaction score
Very good and still doing in prior months so isn´t just luck. I can see why Crunchyroll like the franchise so much.

Reaction score
the anime was good and beatiful and the manga specially the end was a disaster i hope bleach never continue in anime

Reaction score
the anime was good and beatiful and the manga specially the end was a disaster i hope bleach never continue in anime

Thank you for voicing your opinion.

Personally, I would like to see the final manga arc animated, not only because that way the series would be completed in both manga and anime mediums, but because I would like to see and hear some of my favourite characters from this overall fascinating story in action again.

Reaction score
Honestly I'd love a re-boot. This anime is one of the worst in comparison to the manga IMO. I've watched *looks at MyAnimeList history* about 75 different anime. Bleach is among some of the lowest quality and damn near unwatchable in some spots.

It has the most to do with pacing. The amount of dead time between words, freeze frame landscape shots, and overall choreography needs a MASSIVE overhaul, particularly if Bleach is intended to reach a new audience or garner any sort of momentum in the community.

Reaction score
The remastered Blu Ray versions look nice to me and are ironing out a lot of the flaws, especially the ones in the early Bount story. But on the other hand, it is a tempting idea to have a second version of Bleach. Me personally, I would love it if especially early Bleach would use Tite Kubo's much later, more mature art style.

It would open the question what to do with so-called filler material. Speaking for myself, the fillers about Karin and Yuzu as well as Kon can go. Most one-shot fillers could go except the two based on Tite Kubo's colour pages as well as holiday specials. There was a movie special story as well. Added scenes within episodes should stay. I think the Fullbring arc flows better with the addition although it shows at the end that the anime team was in a hurry.

So much of the Zanpakutou story is canon and I believe removing it from a remake would be a mistake. About the others, I would not mind if they are not part of a remake of the Bleach anime.

Reaction score
Honestly I'd love a re-boot. This anime is one of the worst in comparison to the manga IMO. I've watched *looks at MyAnimeList history* about 75 different anime. Bleach is among some of the lowest quality and damn near unwatchable in some spots.

It has the most to do with pacing. The amount of dead time between words, freeze frame landscape shots, and overall choreography needs a MASSIVE overhaul, particularly if Bleach is intended to reach a new audience or garner any sort of momentum in the community.
You are actually one of the first ones I hear saying this. As far as a long running anime series I don't think any manga other than HxH got a better anime adaption. Fillers excluded ofcourse

I think the only things better in the manga are the art and censorship. But the voice acting, atmosphere and music of the anime makes up for it. The rest is the same. The censorship being too much sometimes had to do with the extreme censorship laws at the time and the art, well the art in anime was less important 10 years ago. Technology also wasn't as far at the time.

The only time the pacing bothered me was the Fullbring arc, but hey, you probably used to watch the anime on a weekly basis, while binged the majority of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think they will do a remake. Same reason as why Saint Seiya, DBZ, Fist of the Northstar, YYH etc. aren't getting one ever either. They are considered classics and have aquired legendary status. There is also too much Bleach merchandise of the anime.

Reaction score
Anime can do nothing if Manga panels are wasted with pointless comedy which serves no purpose in the progression of the story and most of it is annoying to the core. Then, there is this biasness of the author with respect to the characters which are overused throughout the story. These are the major two annoying aspects for me.

I would prefer OVA instead of reboot. I would like to see the final arc animated and the final fight being elongated or possibly rearranged. Personally, I would want the final arc to be done in three colour noir style(black and white standard) and red or any other colour with reference to the scene like in Sin City colour, contrast and lighting style...

Last edited:

CrayonsToChaos

Reaction score
I'm not surprised in the least that Bleach is still that popular! Although I didn't watch the anime, I know a lot more people are into anime than reading manga, and Bleach is a classic that really is a must for anyone new getting into the hobby. :)

I would quite like it if there was a reboot, if it was made as a series of movies. Anime movies tend to have way better quality and production standards. Plus a theatrical release would pull in some bucks for the company and maybe a few royalties for Mr Kubo.

( I watched a few episodes of the Bleach anime and it looked awful. So much so that it put me off getting into reading it for years and years... XD )