• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Bleach 533 "Everything But the Rain Op.6 The Gravitation" spoilers and discussion.

What did you think of this chapter?

• I liked about half, 50% of the chapter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only liked 40% of the pages.

• Only 30% of the chapter appealed to me.

• 20% seemed worth reading, that's it.

• Barely 10% of the chapter was anything good.

• I did not like a single page of the chapter. 0% was worth reading.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm not underwhelmed in the least. I'm one of the ones who called it that he was the ex-10th Division captain (so there :p).

................you mean ex-10th Division captain from tbtp arc.:cool: Right?

Reaction score
There's no such thing as a target hollowification virus.
The Vizards beg to differ.

For that matter, what did Urahara put into Shattered Shaft that he expected Ichigo to Hollowify?

................you mean ex-10th Division captain from tbtp arc.:cool: Right?
There was no 10th Division captain at that time; said captain was dead and the position was vacant for the duration. Without more specifics of exactly how old Isshin is, he seems to be the one chosen to (eventually) fill that position. Kubo has said it takes a while to fill these captain posts, if I recall correctly.

It's not that unreasonable. Byakuya is probably around Isshin's age, and he became captain approximately fifty years before Ch 1. Or at the lower end, Gin was a child during TBTP, and he was an adult who became captain around the same time as Byakuya. Isshin could have been captain for 30+ years prior to this flashback for all we know (flashback being 20 to 30 years before ch 1), and even that amount of time is nothing to a Shinigami.

Franco

MAKE SQUAD 4 GREAT AGAIN
Reaction score
Although I think Kubo didn't plan all of this beforehand, I think the solution for this plot hole is extremely simple. What if Rangiku knew all this time what happened to Isshin? Given their relationship and Rangiku's personality, I don't find it far fetched Isshin told her he was defecting because he found love or something like that; maybe she even helped him. Heck, she might even have realized who Ichigo was.

It's a very interesting way of looking at things and I like it, because it gives Matsumoto a deeper dimension to her character that we've never seen before. Only problem here is that she's never actually had any interaction with Ichigo ever since he went to save Rukia. And not to discount her intelligence or anything, but if it's anyone who'll pick up on something like that, it's Hitsugaya. Matsumoto would be left in the dark on stuff like this, but will understand completely once she's told the truth.

Reaction score
T
There was no 10th Division captain at that time; said captain was dead and the position was vacant for the duration. Without more specifics of exactly how old Isshin is, he seems to be the one chosen to (eventually) fill that position. Kubo has said it takes a while to fill these captain posts, if I recall correctly.

It's not that unreasonable. Byakuya is probably around Isshin's age, and he became captain approximately fifty years before Ch 1. Or at the lower end, Gin was a child during TBTP, and he was an adult who became captain around the same time as Byakuya. Isshin could have been captain for 30+ years prior to this flashback for all we know (flashback being 20 to 30 years before ch 1), and even that amount of time is nothing to a Shinigami.

Well I was only going by what you written.....

The popular theory for a long time was Isshin was a RG. Then with the tbtp arc some started guessing Isshin was the Ex-10th Division captain from tbtp arc but with Tite's interview in Masked databook concerning the Ex-captain being alive, then a lot of people believed that was Isshin. Only few believed Isshin was a captain within the last 50 years, and kudo's to you if you did. While I expected Isshin to be a RG, I also accepted Isshin could have been a captain before 50 years ago (before Rukia became part of the Kuchiki clan and entered the gotie 13)

Not many of us believed Isshin could have been a captain within the last 50 years seeing as no one seems to recognize Isshin at all, or guess Ichigo's connection with Isshin due to having the same zan and ability. I really find it hard to digest the fact none of the captains ever saw a GT by Isshin. Its seriously mindboggling.

BlackSoul

Gentleman Spy
Reaction score
^ didn't kubo very strongly imply that everyone knew exactly who ichigo was, who his father (and probably mother) was but didn't say anything for some reason.

I mean sure, this reeks of retcon but if we assume that ever since ichigo set foot into SS pretty much everyone who saw him and also knew isshin were aware of his heritage it does make a bit of sense.
of course then we'd have to ask why nobody ever said anything to ichigo or otherwise inquired about his situation but as said, the reek of retcon.

Reaction score
^ the whole reason why Byakuya constantly referred to Ichigo as a human during their fight in SS, and how there is no way a mere human can achieve bankai in 3 days suggests that he did not know.

Even Ukitake was confused when he saw Ichigo cuz it reminded him of Kaein.

SS probably found out later when they kept tabs on Ichigo thru the badge, but Ichigo had impacted SS so much that they chose to ignore perhaps any "crime" Isshin may have committed

Reaction score
^ the whole reason why Byakuya constantly referred to Ichigo as a human during their fight in SS, and how there is no way a mere human can achieve bankai in 3 days suggests that he did not know.

Even Ukitake was confused when he saw Ichigo cuz it reminded him of Kaein.

SS probably found out later when they kept tabs on Ichigo thru the badge, but Ichigo had impacted SS so much that they chose to ignore perhaps any "crime" Isshin may have committed

Maybe not the badge. They can hear his dad but as far as they know he was just a human, and Ichigo even left his badge with Ikumi so they didn't monitor his conversation with him. Ichigo is not stupid, I'm pretty sure he was careful with the badge after the revelation of its true purpose and knowing his dad is hiding something huge. Even so I'm pretty sure they know who Ichigo really is by now lol.

BlackSoul

Gentleman Spy
Reaction score
^ and they wouldn't have known sooner seeing as isshin was a SS captain not too long ago?
he and ichigo are very similar in various aspects and I don't think nobody'd draw the connection. well, they apparantly did according to sugar daddy.

ah, strange, strange.

Reaction score
Well yeah this may be a little problem. Some people expected him to be RG member, so the Original G13 member. Now it seems that he may be even younger than Kaien.... like Byakuya age. I think that its because he looks like Kyourak's generation, but now we know that he simply was turned into a human so he aged faster.
It surelly can be a problem for some poeple since, lets be hones, as for the father of the MC Isshin(as of now) unimportant. He just some normal super young captain. Its like making Naruto's father a normal random ninja, or Luffy's father some farmer who have no conections to pirates.

Well, Isshin was not exactly a normal young captain in the SS. He's the head of the Shiba Clan at that time too, one of the 5 Great Noble Families of soul society (SS). And it seems that the Shiba clan has a close connection with the royal realm as they have the only means of heavenly transport in SS. And apparently, Isshin's so powerful as a shinigami that he can flick Aizen across buildings with a single finger. Thus, it's like making naruto's dad the head of the Uchiha clan or the head of senju clan or something- e.g. someone who's powerful.

Actually, for me I love that Kubo's starting Isshin's story among the normal setting of SS, because the changes that come later, which led to him living in the human world and having ichigo, will be even more contrasting and drastic. And I totally love the dynamics of that past period between Isshin, Rangiku, Histu, the captain commander, everything was so light-hearted- I love the normancy of SS life and would like to savour it before events (ala Aizen) interfered to change events forever. Love this arc very much so far! :)

Reaction score
Ichigo even left his badge with Ikumi so they didn't monitor his conversation with him. Ichigo is not stupid, I'm pretty sure he was careful with the badge after the revelation of its true purpose and knowing his dad is hiding something huge.

Nothing suggest Ichigo intentionally left his badge with Ikumi. And second of all for all we know SS thinks Ichigo is still in royal realm. They have no reason to be suspicious of Ichigo or contact him either.

The fact Ikumi can see the badge when normal humans are NOT suppose to suggest she has spiritual awareness. Thus this could be Tite's intention of developing her character further.

Status
Not open for further replies.