• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Bleach 532 "Everything But the Rain Op.5: The White Noise" spoilers and discussion.

What did you think of this chapter?

• I enjoyed 100% of the chapter.

Votes: 93 67.9%
  • It was 90% great.

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • I liked 80% of the chapter.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • About 70% of the chapter was good.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I thought 60% of it was ok.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I liked about half, 50% of the chapter.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I only liked 40% of the pages.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only 30% of the chapter appealed to me.

• 20% seemed worth reading, that's it.

• Barely 10% of the chapter was anything good.

• I did not like a single page of the chapter. 0% was worth reading.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I apologise in advance as I know this doesn't directly apply to the current chapter discussion but I can't find a thread where I can actually put it. I have a question, how can quincies access the SS? We know they were eradicated (or thought they were) in previous battles which I assume took place in the RW, but quincies are human so they shouldn't actually be able to enter the SS. Uryuu couldn't without Kisuke's help and yet Bach and his merry band waltzed right in to do battle. Wouldn't that indicate the the VR aren't actually human but maybe an experiment of Bach's or given additional abilities that other quincies don't have?

Reaction score
The Vandenreich Quincies are living in a different dimension they call the Shadow Realm. It is an area that only allows the “chosen ones” access (as Ebern put it), in other words Quincies. Uryuu didn`t use it because he didn`t know of it and even if he will, he has to find out how to actually open an entrance or exit for that matter.

That realm allows a Quincy access to any place: Hueco Mundo, the world of the living and also the Soul Society. My suspicion is, the Vandenreich is also THIS close to gain access to the Royal Realm.

Quincies always used a combination of their natural powers with Quincy science including Quincy artefacts. I think it is likely that they also started to manipulate their own bodies.

Reaction score
We dont know how the shadow tech works. So we cant really say how can he enter SS. However being a living person or being a dead person have nothing to do with that. As soon as a person enerts a spiritual realm their body is converted to reshi. So whatever Uryuu would use Uraharas senkaimon or a senkaimon opened by anyone else it would be the same.
The VR created a tech that works las both Senkaimon and Garuganta.... They are good. All Quincy techs are based on reshi manipulation. So I assume that they somehow use reshi to put a holle in space. Something like Tessais kido just without time manipulation.

BlackSoul

Gentleman Spy
Reaction score
^ no, urahara created a special senkaimon which was able to turn kishi into reishi. otherwise the humans wouldn't have been able to enter SS at all.
007_10_22_2011_07_18_31.jpg

008_10_22_2011_07_18_31.jpg
yep, must be a soul, impossible to enter as human. urahara said it all.

so assuming VR are all dead to begin with wouldn't be all too far-fetched IMO.

Reaction score
But, but.....
Who said that the original senkaimon doesnt have this functon? Urahara only said that they can't go without their boodies so the need to take theri boodies with them. If Urahara would use normal senkaimon they would end up in the middle of Seiretei.
I mean Hime and Rukai got into SS through a normal Senakimon opened with Zan. Since as you may remember Urahara didnt want Hime on the battlefield and Rukia was mad at Urahara for that. They sure as hell didnt go to SS through Urahara;s door
Besides garganta have this function. We have no indicaton that Urahara's garugana was special and Ulq's garuganta surely wasnt special

Last edited:

BlackSoul

Gentleman Spy
Reaction score
^ if the originial gate had this function then why would urahara go through all the trouble to especially make his version?
and I'm pretty sure the humans always passed through urahara-made gates into other worlds, gates which changed their kishi to reishi.

and why wouldn't inoue use urahara's gate to go to SS with rukia? I bet urahara was only too glad to let her go so she'd be surrounded by shinigami and captains 24/7 which'd be much safer for her than the world of the living.

I mean the manga itself was very clear on the whole humans-going-to-SS issue.

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the feedback on my question. Black Soul I searched out those panels as well, it seems though that the reason they needed that gate and had to hurry was because they also couldn't safely pass through without a hell butterfly. Rukia discusses this with Orihime when she has to rush off and leave her in the SS. Also Ukitake mentioned the Kidou corps setting up a gate, is this done each time a soul reaper wants to travel to the RW or just specifically for Orihime?
chapter-231.html

bleach-1589441.jpg

As for Bach and the VR I believe the shadow realm is their own invention. I don't think normal quincy rules apply to them,after all Bach isn't a normal quincy hence his time limit on how long he can stay out of the realm. Haschwald mentions 'you' singular and not 'we' so that only relates to Bach and not himself or the other VR.
chapter-231.html

BlackSoul

Gentleman Spy
Reaction score
^ perhaps the shadow realmis bach's own creation so he alone can't leave for extended periods of time before it perishes or similar?

well, that sure was a convenient reason for them to leave anyway.

Reaction score
^ perhaps the shadow realmis bach's own creation so he alone can't leave for extended periods of time before it perishes or similar?

It would be quite interesting if this realm is the reason for Bach and the other vandereich's apparent immortality. The reason why even Bach had to obey it's call back too the shadow realm (feels like were talking about about Yugioh XD)

Reaction score

Yeah I thought about it. Its very much possible.

As for the Senkaimon.
If Urahara would use official gate they most likely would end up in the middle of Seiretei. It wouldnt be good.
Besides maybe because he would be detected?
Alos Sun-Sung in the HM arc made it sound like its pretty normal that when someoething made of Kissi enters a spiritual realm its be turned to reshi.
There is also Orihime who got to HM through noraml made by Ulq garugana.
There is also hisagi who brought a Harley Davidson to SS.

As for Bach and the VR I believe the shadow realm is their own invention. I don't think normal quincy rules apply to them,after all Bach isn't a normal quincy hence his time limit on how long he can stay out of the realm. Haschwald mentions 'you' singular and not 'we' so that only relates to Bach and not himself or the other VR.
chapter-231.html
Yeah shadow realm is most likely their or Bachs invention, but still all Quincies use reshi manipulation and so this really must been made thanks to reshi manipulation and the same goes for the special shadow teleportation.

BTW Wouldnt people like Hime and Ichigo and Chad and Uryuu age like shinigami when their bodies are turned to reshi? I mean there barely any difference between them and normal souls when thei reshi..... If the Shadow reall is a spiritual reall I dont see why the VR wouldnt be able to live fore centuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.