• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

Best villain in Bleach ( except Aizen )

Reaction score
Bleach has nearly come to an end ( or not ) . Villain is an indispensable part for shounen manga and of course Aizen is one of the best villains of bleach . So , apart from him, the villain in the bleach which you feel the best

Reaction score
Yhwach even not counting his powers, i like the dude.

He's cool and scary looking. He masterminded the whole Quincy invasion with the bankai stealing device. Took Ichigo's Mom away. Killed Yamamoto, killed Ichibe, destroyed most of SS, transformed the royal realm, absorbed the soul king, killed all his servants, absorbed Aizen, broke and trolled Ichigo harder than anyone else. He's my favorite villain in Bleach by far even counting Aizen.

Reaction score
There should be a poll up. Some characters that come to mind are:

YHWH
Tsukishima
Jushiro
Byakuya
Renji
Gin
Unohana
Mayuri
Gigi
Grantz

Reaction score
There should be a poll up. Some characters that come to mind are:

YHWH
Tsukishima
Jushiro
Byakuya
Renji
Gin
Unohana
Mayuri
Gigi
Grantz

Tsukishima fucked with Ichigo's mind pretty good. Almost made the guy go crazy.

When was Jushiro a villain lol.

Reaction score
Grimmjow.
Gin.
Stark.
Ulquiorra.
Halibel.
Nnoitra.
Cang Du.
Barragan.
Szayel.
As Nodt.
Bambietta.
Askin.
Bazz-B.
BG9.
Candice.
Liltotto.
Pernida.
Juha.
Haschwalth.
Nianzol.
Robert.
Najahkoop.
Yammy.
Zommari.
Aaroniero.
Giselle.
Meninas.
Gerard.
Gerumi.
Berenice.
Loyd/Royd.
Pepe.
Kirge.
Lille.
Mask.
Shaz.
Driscoll.
Jerome.

Reaction score
Tsukishima fucked with Ichigo's mind pretty good. Almost made the guy go crazy.

When was Jushiro a villain lol.

The guys lies to and manipulates humans for his own amusement and goals, including the MC of the series to the point of several near deaths. He has always been a villain, at least if you are a human and/or root for humanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Grimmjow.
Gin.
Stark.
Ulquiorra.
Halibel.
Nnoitra.
Cang Du.
Barragan.
Szayel.
As Nodt.
Bambietta.
Askin.
Bazz-B.
BG9.
Candice.
Liltotto.
Pernida.
Juha.
Haschwalth.
Nianzol.
Robert.
Najahkoop.
Yammy.
Zommari.
Aaroniero.
Giselle.
Meninas.
Gerard.
Gerumi.
Berenice.
Loyd/Royd.
Pepe.
Kirge.
Lille.
Mask.
Shaz.
Driscoll.
Jerome.

I'm curious is the is list supposed to be ranked from best to worst? Also are you ranking "villains" by how much you personally like them or by how well they filled the villain role? I can't see Stark being one of the best at being bad out of all the characters in Bleach. If any thing he'd be one of the nicest.

Reaction score
Yep. I'm ranking them based on how good of characters I think that they are when combining character design, characterization, character development, etc..

Reaction score
Great topic!

Based on likability, I'll naturally go with As Nodt and Opie. Yes, they were quite villainous at times and they were capable of some really atrocious acts, but they were clearly trying to protect and please their master the whole time. It's almost impossible for me to hate someone when all they're doing is trying to be helpful but not realizing the amount of damage they cause. I consider both of them as well as many of the other Sternritters only half villainous for this reason.

As far as the ones I thought were truly villainous, Yhwach has to be at or near the top since not only does he act extremely villainous, but he corrupts others to do evil things as well. Aizen is pretty villainous as well, but he's not nearly as bad as Yhwach because he's not as manipulative towards his underlings. I would add Yamamoto for similar reasons, but he has shown some willingness to change and become a better leader.

I also agree with several other posters that Tsukishima was pretty villainous as well. He was very handsome and charming, but seeing him in Ichigo's house amongst his friends was a truly terrifying sight. I still consider Giselle quite villainous because she acts like such a dangerous predator. Also, I don't buy the fact that she turned good like Bazz-B and the others. She's one you can never fully trust.