• Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Part 3: The Conflict is expected to arrive in 2024. Until then, check out the latest news from the Bleach Anime Section: HERE! ~ The BA staff.

A Walk In The Park [RP Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
"Well you ruined my cozy art sitting in the park so you owe me an experience at least as good or better - and ice cream is a good start." Azusa explained casually. She did have her own ideas of how the world worked and what strings moved what but it seemed that more often than not her twisted mind reached conclusions that was closer to reality than one might think given her odd reasoning. People in love, someone plotting revenge, people who were so preoccupied that they were likely to get in an accident - these were the people she often recognized through odd deductions and sought to add to her repertoire when performing in the theater. However she had yet to recognize which kind of character Satoru-kun was and she wondered how she could pry it out of him discretely.

Satoru seemed quite insistent on giving her good advice regarding strangers - he apparently hadn't figured that she was playing along with his concerns. That was Azusa's way of dealing with people trying to control her through advice. Either they thought her to be an impossible case or they saw through her jest, hopefully Satori would do the latter in time.
"But I really like to eat to the sweets and disappoint people afterwards..." Azusa said with an even broader grin. She was gambling her ice cream now and she knew the danger, but the game was on and she had to pursue it to the end.

"Second year? Oh really..." Azusa said and brought her index finger to her lip in a musing gesture. Her lips would curl upwards in a curious smile but she would currently reveal no more.

"Are you... afraid that I may leave while you're in there buying me an ice cream...?" Azusa was slightly perplexed but merely giggled. "Of course I'll follow you Satoru-kun!" she said and offered her arm to the boy if he wanted to be a gentleman and lead her. Was he though? Or was he just a high school boy? She might not mind the outcome but had to figure out.

CrayonsToChaos

Reaction score
“Yes, really,” he replied. Her tone made him feel a little wary, so he made sure to keep himself between her and the bag containing the beer just in case she decided to relay the information about him being underage to the shop clerk.

Apparently he was just a high school boy after all, as he looked at the proffered arm with deep suspicion and neglected to take hold of it. Satoru led the way across the sunlit street, and back into the Lawsons, now with peculiar girl in tow. He took her over to the ice cream freezer, then leaned back on the cool door of the drinks fridge, sweeping out his hand in an open gesture for her to take her pick of the ice creams. “There is the finest selection that Mister Lawson has to offer,” he said. Within was a very standard array of corner shop ice creams, the like of which could be found in most convenience stores in Japan, perhaps the world. A few Magnum flavours, Maxibon – king of ice cream sandwiches, and so on.

Once she had chosen what she wanted, Satoru would make good on his promise and take her to the till to pay for it. If the store clerk thought anything odd was afoot about Satoru entering, leaving and entering again within the last few minutes, having apparently “forgotten” to buy an ice cream for his “girlfriend” or whatever he might have supposed their relationship was, he had the discretion not to mention it.

“Ishihara-san,” asked Satoru, once the purchase had been successfully concluded, “Now that you have your ice cream and the balance of the universe is restored, is there somewhere in town I can buy stationery? You must know this place better than I do.”

Reaction score
Azusa frowned slightly as Satoru refused to take her arm but eventually shrugged and followed him. He may not like what other people thought of him and Azusa was cool with him being a little reserved.
"I was informed that people in the west do these things all the time without it having to mean anything - or maybe I was wrong?" Azusa asked Satoru in an attempt to also confirm if he really was European.

"Mister Lawson is indeed generous - but so is Mister Nanase." she said and smiled as she picked one - apparently one with almonds as she briefly cast her eyes down on the label to determine that it was not some ginger flavored special edition kind she had picked. "This one please!" she said and held the ice cream up for Satoru to see. Really the flavor was no more very interesting to Azusa although a nice cool ice cream of most kinds were very welcome on such a day and she couldn't wait for Satoru to pay so she could unwrap it and eat it. Well she could start eating it already, such a thing would surely test the boy buuut... she resisted the temptation.

"Uhumm...?" Azusa reacted having taken a large chunk off the almond flavored Magnum briefly after Satoru had paid and they had left the store. "Stationery...?" she said and swallowed the chunk of ice cream as had already bitten from the Magnum as she mused. "Gods you've never really been on a date have you..?!?" Azusa said and covered her mouth with her palm. She was pulling a fast one pretending she thought this was a date but he didn't have to know this yet. 'Stationery' she giggled slightly thinking of how awkward that was for a date to be asked to a place where you could buy stuff for school.

"Well as a matter a fact I do and I can show you where to get the very best equipment for the least amount of money? Interested?" she asked and tilted her head though a wry smile appeared. "However there's a price - and you'll have to agree on paying it now although I won't tell you what it is before we're reached the place." Azusa said and and placed her hands on her back eagerly awaiting his answer.

CrayonsToChaos

Reaction score
“People in the west do a lot of things we wouldn’t do here,” he replied, thinking of the lederhosen-wearing whip-cracking dances traditional in his alpine homeland. There she was with her subtly probing questions about his ancestry. It was the kind of thing he had learned to ignore over the years, people had strange reactions to those who were “half”.

Almond was a good flavour choice, not the kind that was going to reveal anything unexpected about Azusa’s personality, though so far, all of it had been unexpected. If anything, this was unexpectedly normal. “Mister Nanase is only paying his debts, remember?” he said as he handed her the ice cream after having settled up with the cashier.

At least she seemed to be enjoying herself. They stepped outside into the warm sunlight, and he heard the distinctive crunch as she bit through the chocolate coating. It could have been summer anywhere, at any time. That warmth, that sound. He felt a bit nostalgic, at least until Azusa mentioned dates. “A date already? Forward aren’t you,” he asked, squinting at her. One ice cream and she was already asking him out? What a strange girl. However he wasn’t about to give her an outright no. “I guess it depends how old you are. If you’re over twenty five forget it.”

A stationery store where the paper was cheap yet the cost came in other ways, giving a mysterious something up to the mysterious Azusa. It wasn’t as though he was so desperate for cheap stationery he would give away just anything for the mere possibility of it – his parents had given him some money to start off his new life on his own in Sugiyama – but on the other hand, he was curious. Azusa was turning out to be more of a puzzle than the ghost girl in the park, and this was one he definitely couldn’t call his mother and father for advice about. “I agree, on one condition,” he replied, a smile beginning to curl his lip on one side. “If I do this for you, then at some point in the future – if you ever ask a favour of me – I will attach a similar condition, and you will agree to honour it.”

Reaction score
"Sooo... You're not fully a westerner are you?" she smirked although it had not yet dawned to her how right she was. "Hmm... You're not Italian that's for sure, they would be more fiery and so would most south Europeans. Maybe you're descending from one of those cold countries up north? Normark or something?" she tried although it was becoming more and more obvious to Azusa herself that her knowledge of Europe did not extend to most of the smaller countries.

"Well I'm not saying this is date - obviously you're not treating it as one so how can it be? But had it been a date... I would probably have excused myself by now and would be on my way home." she said with a grin. She looked at him curiously - was he really unable to tell her age? Or just attempting to annoy her to reveal it more easily? "Well I think if the date was under thirty it would be a definite no-go for me, Satoru-kun." she said and chuckled to herself hoping she would have him scratch his head a little more. "Experience is just so underrated." she added with a shrug.

"On one condition?" she said. When was he in a place to add conditions? He was the one asking for help so more conditions weren't a natural part of a bargain like this, but then again she would have to agree to it as it was the same condition just reversed. What a bummer - and how interesting at the same time!

"Well... I'll agree to that. Reluctantly." she said and raised an eyebrow nodding in the general direction down the road. "It's just a few blocks down, let's get you there Satoru-kun." she said and started pacing down the road. In a few minutes they had both arrived in front of a small book store whose facade was distinctly british - although some things were less british as for example the spelling of the store 'Book Staru'. "Konuguyama-san owns it and I'm always buying my stuff here to support his place." Azusa said as her gaze lingered at Satoru.

"Now to repay your newest debt... You pathetic gambler." Azusa said teasingly and took another step closer to him to a point where none of them could bow without their heads touching. Well her head would touch his chest as he was distinctly taller than her, but still this was closer than most would like for comfort and she enjoyed the fact that he probably was the type to think that too.

"Sooo... next time we meet - if we meet - you'll ask me out properly and we'll do something you consider fun - preferably something I haven't tried before." she said and gave him a friendly smile stepping slightly backwards as to not scare him more than necessary. So far this had been a good time and she could easily imagine becoming friends with this guy should they happen to bump into each other in school - if not it could be arranged. Just remember, Satoru-kun, I don't believe for a second that you're anywhere near thirty." she said with a quick wink reminding Satoru that it may be a date - but might not be quite that kind of date whether or not her words about her dating preferences were entirely truthful. Perhaps thought he would take her arm then when she offered it.

CrayonsToChaos

Reaction score
Normark. It wasn't very close... to even existing never mind being his ancestral lands. “Have you heard of Germany?” he asked her, leaving a convenient pause before continuing, “Well I'm not from there.” And that seemed to be all he was going to reveal on the matter for the time being.

No doubt she was just trying to mess with him when she said she wanted a man over thirty. “Oh, you're one of those girls who likes an older salaryman to take her on dates in his fancy car who can shower her with gifts like cellphones and designer dresses... ice creams are about the best you can hope for with me,” he said with an apologetic head tilt, in a distinctly non-apologetic tone.

He felt as though his negotiating tactic had led to some kind of success as to his surprise she actually took him through the town towards a book store. His eyebrow twitched upon seeing the name on the facade. Book Staru … luckily his father wasn't around to police the use of modern European languages. “Thanks.” Objective achieved. He had got her away from the spooky park, and found something useful in the process. But then suddenly he looked down to find her right up in his personal space and looking down to her with a blush spreading up his face, not just from the proximity of her but the change of the tone of her voice, almost like the purring of a cat. Never had he found it so oddly pleasant to be insulted. You pathetic gambler.

She wanted him to ask her out. For real? On a date? His palms were sweating. “Sure,” he said, trying to regain his composure. “You know, Ishihara-san, if you wanted to be sure we saw each other again – you should probably give me your phone number. To make sure you can collect on your bargain.” Although he was attempting to return to playing everything totally cool, he raised his hand to run it through his hair, betraying perhaps a little nervousness.

Reaction score
"Of Germany..?" Azusa said and squinted briefly. "Well of course I have heard about that place, is that where y..." she said as Satoru interjected telling her it wasn't from that place he hailed as a raised brow and an unimpressed wry smile on Azusa's face should tell him everything he needed to know about her state of mind right now. "But nevertheless you know where it is - so maybe you're from somewhere close?" Azusa tried although she was fairly convinced he wasn't going to spill the beans yet.

Azusa gave Satoru a playful gaze as she took another bite of the ice cream.
"You'd like to know wouldn't you?" she said and observed Satoru's reaction a bit more. "Perhaps I'm content with ice cream right now." she retaliated thinking Satoru was at least four... no maybe even five times more exciting than any salary man she could imagine - but it was not wise to let him know that yet. Some people's egos didn't take well to that and besides she wanted to open this package slowly - although her intention was not quite yet literal if it ever came to that point.

"My bargain? Are you selling yourself cheaply, Nanase-kun?" she asked and tried to contain a giggle. "Well I'm sure we'll meet again sometime... somewhere. I have a gut feeling so you better be ready to deliver on your side." she said and smiled. "Anyway thanks for the ice cream. I'm not in need of anything from the store right now so I'll better be going now - also I'll be late for the theater and one of my guy friends over thirty will be really mad if I got there late." she said and winked with a wry smile letting Satoru think as she headed the opposite way turning around after a few steps and waving to Satoru. Yes, her acting instructor wasn't going to be happy if she was late third time in a row - and on an evening where a paying audience came to see them was even more out of the question.

CrayonsToChaos

Reaction score
Would he like to know? He gave a barely perceptible shrug, indicating indifference that he didn't feel. He was fairly convinced she was teasing him about being a fancy piece for older rich men, but he would like to know more about her, much more.

“I'll be ready,” he replied. “I agreed to it and I don't go back on my word as easily as that,” he promised, emphatically to cover up his nervousness. He was disappointed that she wasn't going to pull out her cellphone there and now and exchange numbers with him, though not entirely surprised. Things that happened that easily were never good. “Bye, then,” he said, watching her leave. He stood on the doorstep of “Book Staru” still watching as she turned around to wave at him, and raised a hand about halfway into a casual wave in reply before lowering it again and letting her head off. He wondered if he should follow her. She didn't seem to be going back to the park, which was his main concern. The theatre, huh? They had a theatre in a place like this... if they had a theatre they had to have some live music venues too...

After she disappeared, he entered the store, and picked up assorted paper and pens for the mountain of school work he was expected to complete. He lingered by the art materials section wondering which of those things Azusa most liked. Was she really meeting a thirty year old man? He wondered, before shaking his head. What did it matter to him if she was. Before he left, he made sure to buy a map of the town from the counter as well. He would need to start researching to find somewhere cool to take Azusa on their date … as well as make plans for his patrol routes on Quincy duty.

On the way home, he walked back through the park, just to be sure she definitely hadn't gone back to put herself in danger from that strange ghost again.

Status
Not open for further replies.